I just bought eGPS for my Storm (Storm1, Verizon, most recent official OS). Nice program. Have to remember to re-enable it after you make any changes. I have tried the alert function and run into a problem - how to get the alert turned off. Tech Support at teh programmer says "Turn the phone off" Using the red key to turn it off does NOT stop the alert sound - only a reset or battery pull do so.

Has anyone discovered a trick to turn the sound alert off?
    01-08-10 02:16 PM
    Moving to 3rd party apps
    01-08-10 10:45 PM
    That's pretty much it. If you have QuickLaunch/MeterBerry/QuickPull, just do a quick reset.

I also have SmrtGuard, which costs more per month for a subscription than the one time purchase of e-GPS. I like SmrtGuard but doubt I will renew. There is a bug that prevents its alert function from working when your sound profile is on medium or loud; e-GPS does not have this limitation. SmrtGuard has some other features like calendar and address book backup, but I prefer Google Sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 03:51 AM
    I just popped into Media > Ringtones and played one of my ringtones and stopped the play. Kills the alert instantly.
    01-09-10 10:33 AM
    Great little piece of software. For .99 it can't be beat. Didn't renew my subscription with SmrtGuard.
    01-09-10 07:59 PM
    i just got this last night and really like it. my alert whent off after i played with it for a bit.
    01-09-10 08:12 PM
    The alert does go off for me when you turn the phone off with the red key...

This is a bit of a silly implementation, but other than that I love this app, and regardless the price for what it does is unbeatable.
    01-10-10 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD