The following is posted by JamesPorter from Nathanix: Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Nathanix 8330 5.0 Hybrid V.8.0

This is the most comprehensive 5.0 Hybrid that you guys have seen yet. Thanks to Nik's idea of giving you guys the option of a complete OS, you now have the ability to install every piece of the 5.0 OS. Please see the Read Me file inside of the the package, but it is fairly simple to install. There is no need for Shrink-A-OS (although included) as I have already pulled out the files and labeled them inside the Java folder for each app that could be removed. All you need to do is copy the .cod files of the app you want to install and paste them into the java folder. That's it! You can install the way it sits, but it is a bare bones OS, so make sure if you want apps you add them.

Maintenance update for BBM issue. This should eliminate the need to install BB Maps to get BBM working.
    Nathanix 8330 5.0 Hybrid V.8.2

File Make up for those interested
    5.0.0.230--4%
    5.0.0.238--28%
    5.0.0.273--2%
    5.0.0.287--1%
    5.0.0.296--3%
    5.0.0.337--1%
    5.0.0.344--1%
    5.0.0.351--1%
    5.0.0.386--3%
    5.0.0.405--4%
    5.0.0.411--2%
    5.0.0.421--1%
    5.0.0.436--49%

Questions, please let me know and I'll try to help. Please report any problems here.

In order to better help you with your problems, please attached a copy of a System Read from BBSAK with a description of what your problem is. This way I can see what is going on with your system.
    To save a system read:
    1. Open BBSAK and click on the "Modify CODs" Tab
    2. Click on the "Read System" button
    3. Once your files show up, click on "Save Read" button in the bottom right corner
    4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\BBSAK and look for a .txt file called "system read"
    5. Attach that file with your problem. All this tells me are what cods are on your device along with version. Please make sure you tell me what extras you put on the os so that I can compare that to your system read.

Thanks again to the following:
    "The Great One" AKA Birdman for his knowledge of hybrids (even though he has moved on to the Droid)
    Nik for his help on this Hybrid and file checking here at the end
    Phil and Andrew for their help testing this thing out

** Just as a side note, people have made comments about donating some spare change. Nathanix is funded completely by John Nathan and if you would like to donate some spare change, we could use it to keep these things coming. Please visit the from page of the site and click on the donate button if you feel the need obligated or would just like to help out the site. Thanks. (Check my signature)
    Last edited by Yosaki; 01-09-10 at 04:39 PM.
    01-08-10 01:41 PM
    Whats the difference in v7 and v8. I got heavy memory leaks and other wierd stuff with v7.
    01-08-10 02:06 PM
    Whats the difference in v7 and v8. I got heavy memory leaks and other wierd stuff with v7.
    Memory leaks depend on what apps that you are running too. James, the developer in this version, said that he lost about 5-8mb in 48hours on v8. I tend to lose alot more money (from 25mb to 9mb) because of memory leaking apps. I would expect to lose about 10mb for any hybrid. This issue is out of the control of the developers.

BBMaps is updated but you have to move the files from the respective folder into the Java folder. All .428 files in v7 are now updated to .436 in v8. These are the obvious changes in v8.
    01-08-10 02:13 PM
    So the phone bug for Sprint users still exists?
    01-08-10 03:01 PM
    So the phone bug for Sprint users still exists?
    No, not necessarily. We don't really "fix" anything. If RIM fixes it, then we fix it. When RIM sends out an new OS, we do our best to keep the files as up to date as possible. Sometimes when we update, the phone bricks so we know we can't use that specific file. Thats why a new leak or official OS is really important right now. So I don't know if it still exists. Just wondering, what is the phone bug for Sprint?
    01-08-10 03:06 PM
    The issue is associated with the radio file. Sprint users experience phone calls dropping
    01-08-10 03:19 PM
    The issue is associated with the radio file. Sprint users experience phone calls dropping
    I would say it won't be fixed until maybe a leaked or official OS comes out. =( I'm sorry.
    01-08-10 03:24 PM
    Dangit man you beat me to it!! haha.

yeah new leaks and officials carry radio files. we just do java which is still great. and this is definitely the most comprehensive version yet. haha.

and i definitely recommend wiping b/c i overwrote and some of us had problems with bbm, but on a wipe, all's great.
    01-08-10 03:52 PM
    There is an issue with v8 that several of us are experiencing. BBM shows as installed in our apps, but the icon will not show up anywhere nor can BBM be opened with the "n" shortcut. We have all tried uninstalling and reinstalling, using both OTA and AppLoader. Nothing. Something is preventing BBM from working.
    01-08-10 05:47 PM
    There is an issue with v8 that several of us are experiencing. BBM shows as installed in our apps, but the icon will not show up anywhere nor can BBM be opened with the "n" shortcut. We have all tried uninstalling and reinstalling, using both OTA and AppLoader. Nothing. Something is preventing BBM from working.
    Ok so yeah we just discover this bug. There's a simple weird fix to it. Use BBSAK to install all files in blackberry map and app center. We're not sure why this works but I also had this issue and this fixes it. Sorry bout this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 07:37 PM
    The phone bug I get is a reset around the 50 minute mark. Hah, it became quite troublesome when you're having a long conversation, and then having to wait a good ten minutes. I just went back to 4.5 before v8 came out. It feels like downgrading from Windows 7 to 98...
    Hopefully Sprint starts to play with the leak and send out an official OS!
    01-08-10 07:39 PM
    So after BBM is installed can you remove bbmaps?
    01-08-10 07:44 PM
    So after BBM is installed can you remove bbmaps?
    From what the guys in the group said, you can remove them after you get BBM going.
    01-08-10 07:52 PM
    thanks Dusty
    01-08-10 08:06 PM
    Ok so yeah we just discover this bug. There's a simple weird fix to it. Use BBSAK to install all files in blackberry map and app center. We're not sure why this works but I also had this issue and this fixes it. Sorry bout this
    Yep, that did it. Thanks!

And no problem...just glad y'all figured it out. :-)
    01-08-10 08:43 PM
    so install all files using bbsak?
    01-08-10 08:45 PM
    I had no issues with BBM but I included BBMaps on first load. I've noticed with this and the last version (where I started) is that when I setup my BIS google hosted apps email accounts they are not detected as such and the gmail plug in does not work. -I can live with that. I also fought with calender's today. Trying to setup google sync, for some reason when the sync took place items from the online calender came into my my BB under the "groups" calender and items I created on the BB just did not go to the online calender. I wiped twice today and have the appropriate default services setup.

Any thoughts?
    01-08-10 09:04 PM
    sam, you can or you can do it when installing. i did it with BBSAK
    01-08-10 10:14 PM
    Does anyone know if I can add language packs with this hybrid? Thanks.
    01-08-10 11:03 PM
    I just got this and its effin amazing! Its blazing fast! Thanks for much guys! I still d/l 8530 themes right?

01-08-10 11:50 PM
    A maintenance update for the 8330 Curve Hybrid (v8.1) has included BBMaps into the install so that bbm will work. Check the first post for the new download link.

EDIT: Another update hase been released that fixes some problem that people may be having with v8.0 or v8.1. Some files were downgraded because they were causing various problems.
    Last edited by Yosaki; 01-09-10 at 03:11 PM.
    01-09-10 03:29 AM
    Ok so far its working great
    Only one problem as of right now is that I installed THK and after playing it for a while decided I was done. I went to exit.. There is no exit button and the bb button doesn't do anything. I just end it but its still open and taking up memory, does anyone know how to close it?

01-09-10 03:19 PM
    I can't seem to get this to work.

I got a phone from a friend, a sprint 8330 curve with 4.1 or 2ish firmware on it.

What I did, in this order on Windows 7 64bit:

Tried out the phone, it booted and worked properly, i could view apps etc.
    Installed BBSAK
    Installed Desktop Manager
    Installed 8330AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel355_PL3.5.0.30_A5.0.0.230.exe
    Loaded the desktop manager software up with the phone disconnected.
    Closed desktop manager
    loaded BBSAK and killed all processes
    connected the phone and did a successful wipe using BBSAK
    I deleted the 8330AMEA_v5.0.0.230_P3.5.0.30 folder located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files" and replaced it with V.8.1 Hybrid files from the first post.
    I clicked "load os" from BBSAK and let it do its thing for about 20 minutes or so.

The phone rebooted after BBSAK said everything was successful and at the blackberry loading screen with the progress bar at the bottom the phone locked up. It wouldn't respond to power on and off, and wouldn't load any further. The bar gets about 25% when this happens. I had to pull the battery to get it to boot again, with the same result.

I then tried downloading sprints current 4.5 and loading that, with the same result.

The phone has a sim card slot in the back but my friend did not give me a sim card so its been empty this whole time, not sure if that has anything to do with this. The phone worked ok before without it.

Did I miss a step somewhere?
    01-09-10 04:19 PM
    I can't seem to get this to work.

I got a phone from a friend, a sprint 8330 curve with 4.1 or 2ish firmware on it.

What I did, in this order on Windows 7 64bit:

Tried out the phone, it booted and worked properly, i could view apps etc.
    Installed BBSAK
    Installed Desktop Manager
    Installed 8330AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel355_PL3.5.0.30_A5.0.0.230.exe
    Loaded the desktop manager software up with the phone disconnected.
    Closed desktop manager
    loaded BBSAK and killed all processes
    connected the phone and did a successful wipe using BBSAK
    I deleted the 8330AMEA_v5.0.0.230_P3.5.0.30 folder located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files" and replaced it with V.8.1 Hybrid files from the first post.
    I clicked "load os" from BBSAK and let it do its thing for about 20 minutes or so.

The phone rebooted after BBSAK said everything was successful and at the blackberry loading screen with the progress bar at the bottom the phone locked up. It wouldn't respond to power on and off, and wouldn't load any further. The bar gets about 25% when this happens. I had to pull the battery to get it to boot again, with the same result.

I then tried downloading sprints current 4.5 and loading that, with the same result.

The phone has a sim card slot in the back but my friend did not give me a sim card so its been empty this whole time, not sure if that has anything to do with this. The phone worked ok before without it.

Did I miss a step somewhere?
    The reboot can take a really long time and stay at 25% for awhile. Once it starts moving after 25%, it means that the upgrade is almost done.
    01-09-10 05:04 PM
    People make sure to get v8.2. its only one Cod so BBSAK it. not a big deal just should help if something were to need it. Enjoy!
    01-09-10 05:18 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD