I have a bold 9700 that turns its red led on but doesn't fully turn on. What may be the problem? Tried another battery and no luck. Help please.
    01-08-10 11:04 AM
    I have a bold 9700 that turns its red led on but doesn't fully turn on. What may be the problem? Tried another battery and no luck. Help please.
    BlackBerry 101 12, Reloading the OS on a Nuked BlackBerry may be of help.

Do you get any activity from the screen, anything more than the LED?
    01-08-10 11:29 AM
    Try letting it go through the boot up cycle. The red light flashes first then after a a minute or 2, the blackberry logo and word should show up with the status bar below it.

01-08-10 11:57 AM
    I've had this a few times too. Even after twenty minutes it will not boot up. There are a couple of ways I've been able to rectify this. Connect it to the desktop manager and click on the application loader option. Either two things will happen, one when the DM connects your phone will reboot, or two you will have to load the entire OS from scratch. Usually after it connects and it tries to read the JVM your phone will reboot. This has happened to me three times since I bought the phone. Even removing the SD card has caused the phone to boot up.
    01-08-10 12:32 PM
    Are you sure the battery has plenty of power?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 12:34 PM
    I had the same problem... i had to follow these steps

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

01-08-10 01:17 PM
    Thanks ill try the following recommendations to see if it survives.
    01-08-10 04:00 PM
    No activity other then led. Its completely dead the red light turns on when connected to the charger.
    01-08-10 04:12 PM
    follow those directions in the link it should help.

01-08-10 04:18 PM
    i just used a universal charger to charge my battery for about 10 mins and put it back in my phone and it loaded
    still needed charging after that tho
    02-08-13 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD