Did anyone tested Tether on Telus? did you get charged by the carrier?
    01-08-10 09:06 AM
    I'm with Telus in NS and have used Tether (although not alot) and did not get charged anything over and above my data plan
    01-09-10 10:24 AM
    That is great news! with my 7250 I used all the time and it was included in my contract the last time I used it I was charged something like 27$ for downloading a small PDF doc.

Thanks!
    01-09-10 10:27 AM
    It can be charged if Telus figures out what you are doing so use at your own risk. As a heads up, supposedly Telus does allow tethering (without using Tetherberry, a.k.a. Tether) on the new HSPA network. You can check with Telus for more info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 01:22 PM
    Thanks I will contact them and ask, it is true that the last time I used it I was on the old CDMA network.

Regards
    01-11-10 02:30 PM
    Thanks I will contact them and ask, it is true that the last time I used it I was on the old CDMA network.

Regards
    i wouldn't call using your account information if i were you. They flag your account if they think you're going to tether.
    01-12-10 08:39 AM
    HSPA data plans include tethering at no additional cost. Providing you don't go over your limit.
    01-12-10 09:14 AM
    i wouldn't call using your account information if i were you. They flag your account if they think you're going to tether.
    Alas ck555, you and I are still out of luck, but lucky Bold 9700 owners aren't.
    01-12-10 06:27 PM
    I have used tetherberry (now called tether) with no charges whatsoever. The speeds weren't great, but no questions were asked. I did go well over 5GB the first month as well with no issues.

I have unlimited data and left the phone tethered for a while with file sharing programs running just to see what would happen. Nothing happened, no smoke, no panic calls from Telus, and no extra charges.

I also did a full OTA backup of my 8GB memory card full of videos via MIQ by accident in another month and wasn't charged. It certainly ate my battery for lunch though lol.
    01-21-10 07:25 AM
    IF you negotiate with them you can have tethering included even without HSPA.
    01-21-10 08:39 PM
    all the current plans telus offers include tethering
    01-23-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD