Quick and dirty question about speed.

Will deleting apps, sms messages, etc make my Berry run faster?

I heard that it will, but I'm skeptical. Also, I can't even remember where I heard it.
    01-08-10 03:04 AM
    In my experience, no it won't. Cleaning out all of the unneeded stuff prior to
    installing the OS is a better way to go in my opinion.

My current device: 8900

Total # 3rd party apps: 52 (this does not include launchers, which are not apps)

Total # 3rd party themes: 1 (here you want to be careful. Themes take up a lot
    of real estate)

Total app memory: 256mb

Total file free: 132mb

Speed: as fast as it was when I only had one or two apps.
    01-08-10 04:35 AM
    Will putting on roughly 8gb of CD quality music onto a 16gb card slow it down?

Thanks
    01-08-10 06:48 AM
    Will putting on roughly 8gb of CD quality music onto a 16gb card slow it down?

Thanks
    No... that is not on device itself, it's on the Media Card.
    01-08-10 06:59 AM
    Keeping at least 15MB of File Free Memory is always a good rule.
    01-08-10 07:47 AM
    Keeping at least 15MB of File Free Memory is always a good rule.
    On an 83xx series Curve that might be a great rule... but this is a 8900... I usually like mine at about 90MB free, and around 110MB free after a battery pull.

And none of that is really a factor at all on an Media card.
    01-08-10 08:16 AM
    As far as a media card, if it's a higher-capacity card and/or if there are a lot of files and folders on it, does that consume more device resources when the BBerry reads the card? And if so, does it only need to be read once, or upon every access attempt?
    For that matter, what even constitutes "high capacity" in this day and age? 4GB? 16? And does the Berry (in particular, my 8900) have a limit to how large a card it can read?

EDIT: In the article below, point #9 says deleting old messages extends battery life. Is this true?
    PS: According to forum rules, my post count is still below the threshold for linking to stuff, so I have to do it this way:
    http(colon slash slash)freeblackberryweb(dot)com/maximize-blackberry-8900-battery-life/
    Last edited by Moon_Juice; 01-13-10 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Added another inane little question.
    01-12-10 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD