... and it seems like everything works ok, except the screen is really faint. I cant see anything on it except just a little bit. any one out there know of anything i can do to fix it??

Any help would be great!!
    06-01-08 09:28 PM
    ... and it seems like everything works ok, except the screen is really faint. I cant see anything on it except just a little bit. any one out there know of anything i can do to fix it??

Any help would be great!!
    I would say turn it off open it and try compressed air or something like that but make sure it is dried completely before you turn it back on because it can fry some stuff.
    06-01-08 09:31 PM
    try using a hair dryer on low
    06-01-08 09:36 PM
    EEEeee Gads! Don't open it it will void ur warranty. But I agree u can use blowdryer on low. Had water in my screen for a while used blowdryer an then wrapped in in towel an left it alone til seemed to b completely dry. Do not rush this it will fry ur BB. Good Luck
    06-01-08 09:50 PM
    Don't open it up because it will void your warranty????

So washing the phone doesn't void the warranty?????????????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 09:03 AM
    I would assume it would.

06-03-08 01:26 AM
    Dropped my pearl into the toilet right next to a turd and my friend's picture on Myspace was looking back up at me through the water. I grabbed it real quick and pulled the battery. The phone is sealed well enough that no water actually went inside. (The gaps around the phone's body didn't allow the air inside the phone out and so no water got in). But I thought it was pretty gross, so disassembled and washed the phone with soap and water, soaked in methanol for sterilization, and used compressed air then a 90 degree F forced air oven for drying. After which the LCD was still very foggy and dim like yours, but after being on for a few hours, the warmth of the LCD dried itself out. The phone is back 100%. I wish I had a photo.
    06-03-08 07:45 PM
    Dropped my pearl into the toilet right next to a turd and my friend's picture on Myspace was looking back up at me through the water. I grabbed it real quick and pulled the battery. The phone is sealed well enough that no water actually went inside. (The gaps around the phone's body didn't allow the air inside the phone out and so no water got in). But I thought it was pretty gross, so disassembled and washed the phone with soap and water, soaked in methanol for sterilization, and used compressed air then a 90 degree F forced air oven for drying. After which the LCD was still very foggy and dim like yours, but after being on for a few hours, the warmth of the LCD dried itself out. The phone is back 100%. I wish I had a photo.
    Well well, arent you lucky! One other suggestion I have seen in a lot of threads is to leave the phone in a sack of rice for a couple days...that helps absorb all the moisture.
    06-03-08 07:48 PM
    The phone is back 100%. I wish I had a photo
    Judging by my mental image of that well-described "turd
    " incident, im glad you dont!
    06-03-08 07:52 PM
    I have heard the same about the rice. Try it and let us know if it works.

06-03-08 07:58 PM
    Turds = Bad
    Rice = Good

Remember that!!!
    06-03-08 11:23 PM
    OMG!!! There is NO Way I could use that phone again
    06-04-08 08:02 AM
    shoot, just toss it in the dryer, that should dry it out. Think I'll wash and dry mine tonite.

fd
    06-04-08 05:37 PM
    Turds = TMI.
    But I'm glad you saved the BB.

06-04-08 05:46 PM
    OMG...that is just so gross!!! I would sterilize it a second time!!! I think even if it worked, all I would picture every time I picked it up would be that "turd." LOL....More power to ya...not sure I could use it after that.
    06-04-08 05:52 PM
    Eewwww! lol
    06-04-08 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD