View Poll Results: Should RIM change the 9650 rear to look like the 9700 ?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... Leather is Cool !!!!!!!

71 62.28%
  • No... The dated look is just as sexy

43 37.72%
    I was planning to ditch Verizon and get the Bold 9700 but I decided to White out my current Tour and hold out for the 9650 ... that's going break my pocket

But anyway I think of the Bold and the Tour as Rim's top of the line smartphones just:

• CDMA vs. GSM
    • Different form factor (not much of a difference)
    • Crappy but snappy processor the 9650 will be getting vs what the 9700 has

I think the 9650 rear should look exactly like the 9700, leather back and everything ... if not than similar

The current rear the 9630 and 9650 has looks very dated !!!! compared to the 9700

Anyone agree
    Last edited by Muscle Master; 01-07-10 at 07:05 PM.
    01-07-10 06:58 PM
    I definitely agree! I've been thinking that myself. I'd really prefer it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 09:41 PM
    I think the faux leather back on the Bold is outdated and ugly. I love the new Bold, but that battery door would be the first thing to go if I moved to a GSM device.
    01-07-10 10:21 PM
    I think the faux leather back on the Bold is outdated and ugly. I love the new Bold, but that battery door would be the first thing to go if I moved to a GSM device.
    I second that.
    01-07-10 10:31 PM
    the faux leather back on the Bold is very ugly! The Bolds a nice phone, but looks wise its pretty bad in my Opinion. The way the keys run off the screen and the back of the Bold having that Faux leather back just adds to the ugliness
    01-08-10 05:34 AM
    i like the back cover of the 9700 especially with the word "Bold". It would probably be nice if they put the word "Tour" on the back of the 9650. Would that look nice? I don't know, just my opinion
    01-08-10 09:25 AM
    I do enjoy the new 9700 back, when I had my tour, it wasn't as "classy" as the 9700. It would be cool if the 9650will have a leather look to it.

01-08-10 09:38 AM
    To me, the 9700 looks a lot better than the 9650. The beveled edges on the sides all the way up and the lack of a plastic border between the screen and the keyboard look very clean. The back is wack but the rest of the phone is hot. Look at the pics BGR posted showing them together. The 9650 just doesn't look as sleek and clean to me. So much so that I seriously considered going to AT&T's wack a$$ 3G in the hopes that it wouldn't negatively affect me too dramatically due to WiFi.
    Last edited by Jaredius; 01-08-10 at 09:51 AM. Reason: grammar
    01-08-10 09:50 AM
    I do enjoy the new 9700 back, when I had my tour, it wasn't as "classy" as the 9700. It would be cool if the 9650will have a leather look to it.

Exactly my point, different strokes for different fokes

But there's no denying it ... the rear of the 9630 and 9650 is as bland as ever
    01-08-10 11:01 AM
    Exactly my point, different strokes for different fokes

But there's no denying it ... the rear of the 9630 and 9650 is as bland as ever
    While I agree that different phones appeal to different people, that's what makes BB's so great, the choices. But, cheap looking fake leather is far from classy.

Those "bland" backs of the Tours with there simple and sleek style is what I would call classy.
    01-08-10 12:55 PM
    Nah...I like the form factor of the bold in comparison to the tour, but the bezel does give me more of a chance to show off customizations for when I change out face plates. The back doesn't make any difference to me since my phone is going to be firmly planted in a protective case. Accidents will happen and I need to lessen the chances of destruction.
    01-08-10 06:00 PM
    I think the Tour should be written on the back like all the newer phones. ie. striker,bold,curve

01-08-10 06:30 PM
    since when did faux leather become classy? I thought it was the exact opposite... i think the back of the original tour is great, and it does not need to say tour...thats so trashy looking, its a phone, not a billboard
    01-08-10 07:22 PM
    since when did faux leather become classy? I thought it was the exact opposite... i think the back of the original tour is great, and it does not need to say tour...thats so trashy looking, its a phone, not a billboard
    Thank God someone has some sense around here. Fuax leather classy.... if you believe that then you are the type to add a room to the back of your trailer for "Momma" after winning the "Lotto"
    01-08-10 07:28 PM

+1 Agreed.

I didn't think I was going to like the back looking like faux leather, but it's really grown on me. Easy fix for those who don't like it too...
    01-08-10 08:20 PM
    Thank God someone has some sense around here. Fuax leather classy.... if you believe that then you are the type to add a room to the back of your trailer for "Momma" after winning the "Lotto"
    Hey, leave my Momma out of this!!

01-08-10 08:58 PM
    I was planning to ditch Verizon and get the Bold 9700 but I decided to White out my current Tour and hold out for the 9650 ... that's going break my pocket

But anyway I think of the Bold and the Tour as Rim's top of the line smartphones just:
    Let's hope . I would like the same Tour size but more Bold 9700 look!

• CDMA vs. GSM
    • Different form factor (not much of a difference)
    • Crappy but snappy processor the 9650 will be getting vs what the 9700 has

I think the 9650 rear should look exactly like the 9700, leather back and everything ... if not than similar

The current rear the 9630 and 9650 has looks very dated !!!! compared to the 9700

Anyone agree
    I do hope it looks like the Bold 9700 but keep the Tour size

01-14-10 03:45 PM
    Ouch... That stings.
    01-14-10 03:55 PM
    honestly imo i think the leather back on the bold is ugly and no way should the tour have that look. I dont know what it is i just think the leather makes the phone look less classy even though a lot of people think the opposite. The back of the current verizon tour is my favorite of all phones i think, besides it not really fitting tightly. But the carbon fiber look is pretty cool. Also i wouldnt mind a metal back on the 9650 like the storm
    01-14-10 04:17 PM
    Yeah saw the 9700 and think it would be a good idea if the 9650 had the same looks of it.
    01-14-10 05:23 PM
    The battery door is sweet. It looks good and it feels good and another positive is that it doesn't scratch like the other plastic battery doors on the other devices. It looks really elegant. I hope that RIM continues to make the Bold series with the leather back.

01-14-10 08:10 PM
    you can find some hot metal batery door for 9700 on sw-box.com
    01-14-10 08:12 PM
    Not a fan of the faux-leather back, but I agree with the silver "Tour" lettering idea.
    01-15-10 02:58 AM
    I think the Bold's back was much better than the splotch of fake leather on the 9700.
    01-15-10 09:17 AM
    I've had a skin on my tour so I only ever noticed the back panel when I did battery pulls for the two weeks before I found out about alt+^+del. Also what's up bud, you're obviously the same Muscle Master from C5.
    01-16-10 02:38 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD