Anyone know what that option is about in the Messages options menu? Is it preloaded with OS 5? I don't seem to be getting any of the features.
    01-07-10 06:31 PM
    i want to know too!
    01-07-10 06:50 PM
    To get the optoins, you can't use them through the "Messages" app. You have to actually open the app that is dedicated to your GMail account. From there, when you hit the BB Menu button, you will have the Add Star, Archive, Report Spam, Filter, and Labels options when you have a message highlighted.
    01-07-10 07:04 PM
    To get the optoins, you can't use them through the "Messages" app. You have to actually open the app that is dedicated to your GMail account. From there, when you hit the BB Menu button, you will have the Add Star, Archive, Report Spam, Filter, and Labels options when you have a message highlighted.
    I went to the specific app dedicated to my email and don't see those options. What OS are you running?
    01-07-10 07:13 PM
    I went to the specific app dedicated to my email and don't see those options. What OS are you running?
    It should work for all 5.0 OS's. Are you highlighting a received message? The options don't pop up for sent messages. You can't make your sent messages as Spam, so they aren't available for those messages.
    01-07-10 07:40 PM
    It should work for all 5.0 OS's. Are you highlighting a received message? The options don't pop up for sent messages. You can't make your sent messages as Spam, so they aren't available for those messages.
    yeah i see the options on here now...
    01-07-10 08:21 PM
    Good.

10char
    01-07-10 09:04 PM
    Could you guys please tell me which version of the plugin yo u are running? Is it .30?
    01-16-10 04:43 AM
    im running .419 and i get 2 inboxes for my gmail account, one that is old school and one that is the enhanced version. the enhanced version is nice because of the extra options and the threaded messaging, but it cant seem to be skinned, and its a shame that it doesnt integrate with the messages folder. all in all tho i like the features it offers, but this is the way all my email accounts should integrate in the first place.

the way i deal with the 2 icons is i just took my gmail account out of my messages folder and hide the old school one, and use the enhanced version as a separate inbox for my primary email.
    01-16-10 05:56 AM
    It is installed by default with 5.0.0.419. However, did you use ShrinkAOS? I did and accidentally deleted it as it's listed with the social apps. Need to make sure "gmail" is not checked.
    01-16-10 07:48 AM
    Does the inbox look different if you have the enhanced gmail plugin? Does it look like the gmail app or is it just the added menu functionality that changes with the plugin? Can anyone take a screenshot of the inbox just to see what it looks like?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 11:17 AM
    Could you guys please tell me which version of the plugin yo u are running? Is it .30?
    I meant what version of Gmail Plugin u r running.. It can be viewed in the Applications list in the options
    01-18-10 03:22 AM
    Hi guys - my problem is similar... hoping for a solution on a forum

I've been struggling with this plugin all day... I'm hoping that someone here knows what to do.

I have this phone:
    Bold 9700
    OS version 5.0.0.423

I've tried a number of things to get the plugin to work:
    - reinstall the newest version of the plugin (2.0.0.25), deleted my gmail BIS integration, then reinstall
    - deleted the plugin and my gmail, reinstalled plugin then gmail
    - deleted plugin, reinstalled gmail then the plugin
    - deleted plugin followed by battery out restart, then gmail

in every case, when I add associate the gmail account with my BIS, I dont recieve the said PIN message that other posts / the support page discusses. I don't see any of the plugin features in the 'gmail' message icon/page (I know that they will not show in the general message program).

gmail otherwise works fine with BIS. Any thoughts?
    in options>applications>add-on 'enhanced gmail plug-in' is there (2.0.0.25) with the three 'modules'

P.S. Gmail is set for IMAP and POP

I've searched forums for hours - anyone know anything that I don't know?
    Thanks for any help!
    02-07-10 08:21 AM
    Hi guys - my problem is similar... hoping for a solution on a forum

(...)
    Hi marascma and everyone else. I'm having the exact same problem and have tried the exact same things. I've a 8520 and had been using the "enhanced gmail plugin" with OS 4.6 and everything worked ok. A few days ago I updated to OS 5.0.0.509 (downloaded from the official BB site) and gmail plugin does not work. It's installed (version 2.0.0.25) but when I go to the specific gmail inbox "star", "report as spam" or "label" options are missing
    03-17-10 12:52 PM
    I had the same problem until I realized that I had accidentally removed the COD files for GMail with Shrink-A-OS. It showed up in my applications list in the settings app, but it still wouldn't work. Evidently there are two parts of this plug-in. One part shows up in Shrink-A-OS and the other part is controlled by the Applications list in the settings app. At least I think that is true, because I was seeing it in my App list, but it still wouldn't work, much like what you guys describe.

So I ended up going back into Shrink-A-OS and realized I'd checked the GMail option for removal. It was in the Social Networking section, and was just named "GMail", so I thought it was the GMail application, as opposed to the plug-in.

Once I undid that "Remove" option and told Shrink-A-OS to put it back, then allowed it to get loaded back on my phone, it started working again as usual.

Hope this is helpful!

Hi marascma and everyone else. I'm having the exact same problem and have tried the exact same things. I've a 8520 and had been using the "enhanced gmail plugin" with OS 4.6 and everything worked ok. A few days ago I updated to OS 5.0.0.509 (downloaded from the official BB site) and gmail plugin does not work. It's installed (version 2.0.0.25) but when I go to the specific gmail inbox "star", "report as spam" or "label" options are missing
    03-17-10 03:58 PM
    I had the same problem until I realized that I had accidentally removed the COD files for GMail with Shrink-A-OS.
    (...)
    I haven't used Shrink-A-OS. Didn't know what it was until you mentioned it. I googled and found it's really interesting.

Today conected my BB to Desktop Manager and I was told that there were some updates for my BB. I aplied them and know gmail functions (stars, report spam and labels) are working perfectcly. "enhanced gmail plugin" doesn't appear as an aplication anymore (neither as third party nor as complement or main apps), so I asume its part of email application. No matter how, the important thing is that it is working.
    03-17-10 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD