Just got the motorola droid, loving it so far...the cover for the screen is annoying though idk if I'm gonna keep it. The cover for the phone is kinda bulky too.

I just opened this topic in case I have any questions, I hope you guys don't mind if I ask them here.
    01-07-10 04:20 PM
    Welcome to the world of DROID. It is an awesome phone. Might want to change your phone in your profile.

As far as questions, I would suggest doing a search for any questions you have. A lot of the questions I had initially I found answers to by doing that.
    01-07-10 04:42 PM
    How do I turn off the LED light for emails? I dont want it to blink when I get emails, only for texts? Also on the opening screen it vibrates when I swipe it to the right to unlock the phone, and I turned vibration off...
    01-07-10 04:44 PM
    Ok I will, and thank you. It's kind of intimidating, there's so many things on this phone I'm kinda scared I'm not gonna get used to it lol
    01-07-10 04:45 PM
    Turn off haptic feedback, its somewhere in the settings, I don't have my phone handy at the moment to check where exactly.

For the LED, go to your emails, click menu, then go to settings, towards the bottom you can disable notifications. It will only disable email notifications.
    01-07-10 04:53 PM
    I turned off haptic feedback, now when I try to delete things from the home screen I hold it down it vibrates...hm weird.

Did the other thing, thanks!
    01-07-10 05:02 PM
    Lol thats strange, the slight vibration is what the haptic feedback is. So don't know why it still vibrates, I personally prefer having it on, because it makes typing feel a lot nicer, as opposed to not having any feedback when I press keys.

Anyhow enjoy your Android phone! It is much more diverse than a BB, so I hope you enjoy learning and tinkering with all the settings and features as much as I did when I first got it.
    01-07-10 05:10 PM
    Disabling haptic feedback only works on somethings. I cant wait for someone to hack the dialer so I can disable haptic feedback there.
    01-07-10 05:41 PM
    I'm not gonna lie this phone is sort of intimidating, I'm scared I'm not gonna get used to it lol

I have no idea how to close apps...I tried going to settings, manage apps etc but there's only like two running and I know I opened more things. The keyboard is really difficult to type with, I've been using the screen keyboard.
    01-07-10 05:46 PM
    I'm not gonna lie this phone is sort of intimidating, I'm scared I'm not gonna get used to it lol

I have no idea how to close apps...I tried going to settings, manage apps etc but there's only like two running and I know I opened more things. The keyboard is really difficult to type with, I've been using the screen keyboard.
    It will grow on you. My wife only uses the on screen keyboards. She recently asked me what I like more and I told her the physical keyboard. She didn't believe me until I showed her how fast I can type on the physical keyboard. Now she is thinking about trying the physical keyboard only to see if she likes it. You have 30 days to try it out and see if it is the phone for you.
    01-07-10 06:55 PM
    I think I'm gonna keep it, I like the phone a lot I just NEED to learn everything about it first...It's gonna take time obviously. As far as the physical keyboard goes it's just so FLAT, but it's a good start. At least you have the option for a physical keyboard!

Best part about it all, I bought the phone from Verizon for $100 brand new. It comes for 200 after mail in rebate, I paid 230 I think cause I got a case and screen covers, and 100 back from mail in rebate! complaining REALLY works haha

I also have a storm which I'm going to sell. (I like this phone a LOT more than the storm. Internet better. Apps better. Nothing lags. Email on bb is better but this one is really good also)
    01-07-10 07:00 PM
    It's not getting my facebook notifications though for some reason which is annoying...Idk why? It says there's a "parse error, try again later"
    01-07-10 07:03 PM
    what do you guys use for ringtones? How do you get them on ur phone...I know u can get them from ur computer and from market but what's the easiest for people here?
    01-07-10 11:04 PM
    It's not getting my facebook notifications though for some reason which is annoying...Idk why? It says there's a "parse error, try again later"
    are you using the native app? if so it needs to be running. infact if yer using a 3rd party facebook app like bloo, it needs to be running too. my advice is to just get email notifications and integrate with your gmail if you haven't so already.
    01-07-10 11:08 PM
    what do you guys use for ringtones? How do you get them on ur phone...I know u can get them from ur computer and from market but what's the easiest for people here?
    most people just copy music to their sd card.

if you do this definitely download RINGDROID in the market.

Its free. it basically lets you chose a song for your ringtone from your SD card and it allows you to choose where it the song starts and stops for your ringtone.
    01-07-10 11:11 PM
    albo sign up over at Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones & the Motorola Droid as well.

It's a great Android community with some great members. It's all about the Moto Droid. Make sure you make an intro thread.

Welcome to the world of Android and the Moto Droid.
    01-07-10 11:19 PM
    are you using the native app? if so it needs to be running. infact if yer using a 3rd party facebook app like bloo, it needs to be running too. my advice is to just get email notifications and integrate with your gmail if you haven't so already.
    So if I set my facebook to sent emails to my gmail account, then the problem will be resolved?

I just use the normal facebook app, it seems weird cause when I go on the browser it works but on the app it gives the error
    01-07-10 11:58 PM
    most people just copy music to their sd card.

if you do this definitely download RINGDROID in the market.

Its free. it basically lets you chose a song for your ringtone from your SD card and it allows you to choose where it the song starts and stops for your ringtone.
    Ok thats really cool, I was looking at some apps but I didn't wanna just get one with no idea of what it was. Thanks Im gonna sync my contacts too tmrw.
    01-08-10 12:01 AM
    albo sign up over at Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones & the Motorola Droid as well.

It's a great Android community with some great members. It's all about the Moto Droid. Make sure you make an intro thread.

Welcome to the world of Android and the Moto Droid.
    Ok I will, thank you!
    01-08-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD