In November I ordered a phone (upgrade) from Vzw telesales.

We got it, gave it to my daughter as a gift, she used it for a few days, didnt like it... We mailed it back.

Here's the issue.

The rep I am speaking with on VZW is telling me that they wont change my contract date or upgrade date back to what it was before the upgrade, that they dont have the ability to do that...

Whats the deal???

She said that if someone looks in the notes, they will see that we did return the phone and they will honor the upgrade - but why cant it be reset? The stores reset it when we do a return there!

Any ideas?
    01-07-10 02:47 PM
    Unfortunately, you spoke with a rep that may be new or didn't know what she was talking about......or both. As long as the phone is listed as returned either by a store or the warehouse within the 30 days, your dates CAN be reset. Either speak with a supervisor or e-mail them.
    01-07-10 03:12 PM
    Definitely call again...it's roulette with some of these reps.
    01-08-10 10:51 PM
    Unfortunately, you spoke with a rep that may be new or didn't know what she was talking about......or both. As long as the phone is listed as returned either by a store or the warehouse within the 30 days, your dates CAN be reset. Either speak with a supervisor or e-mail them.
    I never knew this about the date can be reset thanks for sharing this info.
    01-09-10 02:32 AM
    My dates have been reset. So it's possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 08:15 PM
    I spoke with CS regarding this same issue and was told if the phone is returned within the 30 days the upgrade date stays current. I agree with everyone else, call a different rep, everyone seems to have their own answers. It really is luck of the draw.

I called CS due to a juice situation with my storm last week and inquired about upgrading vs. insurance. I was told that if I go through insurance my upgrade date would be pushed back to two years because I was still getting another phone from Verizon. My mistake was in listening to her and upgrading to a device that I wasn't sure I really wanted so it was really good news today when I was told I could return the device and still maintain my upgrade.

Good luck, hope it all gets straightened out.

-Liv
    01-11-10 10:30 PM
    I called again and NADA.... Grrrr! I'm starting to get really upset about all of this. My hubs just went into upgrade and he cant bc there are no managers to do the over ride!
    01-20-10 08:15 PM
    I called again and NADA.... Grrrr! I'm starting to get really upset about all of this. My hubs just went into upgrade and he cant bc there are no managers to do the over ride!
    The problem is, most times the date has to be reset by a supervisor. So you need to call in and speak with a sup. Have them reset it for you.
    01-20-10 09:15 PM
    Every time call, they tell me there are NO sups there.... I sent an email....
    01-20-10 09:37 PM
    Just so you know even if you get a phone mailed to you and you don't like it, you can still return it to a store and not deal with those issues.
    01-20-10 09:38 PM
    that is a lie..............there are supervisors
    01-20-10 09:39 PM
    Just so you know even if you get a phone mailed to you and you don't like it, you can still return it to a store and not deal with those issues.
    Yeah, we tried that..... they said it had to be mailed.
    01-20-10 09:40 PM
    Every time call, they tell me there are NO sups there.... I sent an email....
    E-mail is good, they have access to change it for you.
    01-20-10 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD