Hi Guys,
    I have the 8900 (t-mobile) and for some reason some times I can use it as a modem on the mac and sometimes I keep getting this "a connetion could not be established to the PPP server" error message. Now I know if I were using windows I will be able to use the USB as a modem to connect to the internet. Is there anyway I can do that for the MAC? if yes please explain in details how I can do this or if anyone can help me with this PPP (point to point protocol ) error I'm getting I will appreciate it. I am frustrated here
    01-07-10 10:39 AM
    Yes it can be done. I've done it on my wife's Macbook. Do a Google search and use "Blackberry tethering Macbook" as the search terms. There is a step by step procedure somewhere.

Also, check the Mac forum on this website.
    01-07-10 11:39 AM
    Yes, I'm a T-Mobile user, and I tether my blackberry to my macbook pro via bluetooth. (Tmobile doesn't charge anything extra for this.). I'll try to outline the steps here as compiled from a couple of different sources, but you can also do a Google search (which is how I figured it out):

- Download a modem script called blackberry.ccl. You can use the 8800 script (I don't think there is one for the 8900). Do a google search for it.

- Copy the BlackBerry.ccl folder to the Macintosh HD:Library:Modem Scripts folder.

- Open System Preferences and go to the Bluetooth pane. Click �Set Up New Device�� which will bring up Bluetooth Setup Assistant.

- Click �Continue� to move past the Introduction screen.

- Select �Mobile phone� as the device type.

- Mac OS X should find your BlackBerry 8900. Select it and continue. If your phone is not discovered, check that Bluetooth is enabled and the device is set to be discoverable. Once those settings are verified, go back and repeat this step.

- In order to pair the computer and the phone, enter the given passkey on the phone. (0000)

- With the devices paired, the BlackBerry 8900 can now be configured as a Bluetooth modem. Check the box next to �Access the Internet with your phone�s data connection� and continue.

- go to the Network pane in the Mac's system preferences and create a new "Location" called "Blackberry Tether" or something like that. Add a Bluetooth port in the column to the left and call it something. Make sure it is selected and then do the following settings for it:

- Just to the right make a new Configuration called "tethered BB" or whatever. For telephone number put "wap.voicestream.com" (this is for T-mobile, they currently win the prize for offering unlimited internet access on the BB for $29.95/mo.), for account name put "guest" and for password put "guest". (for ATT, the settings are Username: WAP [at symbol] CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Phone Number: wap.cingular)

- Hit the "advanced" button, under the "modem" tab select "Research in Motion" and the "Blackberry 8800" script.

- If everything is correct, you should now be connected to the Internet using your BlackBerry 8900!
    01-08-10 09:40 AM
    Friend of mine downloaded DM5 sp1, the new option "internet connection" is provided...so I suppose u can use it in place of all these manual setting?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Sorry din read properly..din know u guys r talking abt MAC here...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by yyhhcc; 01-08-10 at 09:53 AM.
    01-08-10 09:50 AM
    Guys thank you for this I will try it. I will give an update and let you guys know.
    01-13-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD