For those of you with the Nexus One in the palm of your hand this thread is for you. I am eagerly awaiting some pics, vids and hands on reviews. Don't hold out, I know Google was doing next day shipping, so let's here it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SDmania; 01-07-10 at 10:08 AM.
    01-07-10 10:06 AM
    Here's mine!
    01-07-10 10:12 AM
    Here's mine!
    I'm looking forward to hearing your review and others!
    01-07-10 10:35 AM
    I'm looking forward to hearing your review and others!
    Yup....Keep us updated.
    01-07-10 10:42 AM
    Here's mine!
    How's that phone working out for you without a SIM?
    01-07-10 11:38 AM
    Lets not all get too excited now, I took this photo before inserting the SIM.

Case closed, Mystery solved!
    01-07-10 01:16 PM

U need to be extra nice to your friends so they can post a slew of pics....
    Sweet phone
    01-07-10 01:19 PM

LOL Yep, that's what I meant. Didn't know if you noticed it or not when you posted the pic
    01-07-10 01:34 PM
    Having read this at Nexus One review -- Engadget >>>

The phone also has 512MB of both RAM and ROM, but those hoping for new application storage options will find themselves out of luck yet again -- you're still limited to that small partition for app use.
    I'm just curious to know...can apps be installed to the external card?

Thanks.
    01-07-10 01:53 PM
    Honestly, I don't have that many apps on any of my android powered devices-

But as far as I know, you are still limited to onboard memory.
    01-07-10 01:57 PM
    Having read this at Nexus One review -- Engadget >>>

I'm just curious to know...can apps be installed to the external card?

Thanks.
    No, the review said no.
    01-07-10 01:59 PM
    My work got a Nexus one in and I got to play around with it for a bit. I like the form factor and the pocketability of it. The camera which I tested, takes beautiful pictures (I didn't get to upload them to view on a computer screen however) and it focuses and takes the picture a LOT quicker than Moto Droid (2.0).

It seems a tad snappier than the moto Droid 2.0 that I borrowed for a few days. It's a slick device, too bad there is STILL no hard phone button to make quick calls!
    01-07-10 02:31 PM
    You will soon be able to store applications to the external card, or it will be up to the programmer whether their app does so.
    01-07-10 02:46 PM
    No, the review said no.
    Yea, I was hoping the review was wrong though.

Bummer.
    01-07-10 03:16 PM
    CSReborn,

Any chance you could confirm whether or not the speakerphone really sounds tinny, as the Engadget review stated?

I actually use speakerphone at my home office A LOT. Would love to hear what you and the other person on the other side of your call think about it.

Thank you!
    01-07-10 03:36 PM
    I got mine yesterday and love it. It isn't just the wow factor of having a new gadget, this phone really kicks some serious ***. Before this phone I have owned the iPhone 2G/3G/3GS, Storm 1/2, and the Motorola DROID as some background experience.

Is the lack of multitouch at all an issue for you?
    01-07-10 03:49 PM
    I came from a DROID with that huge back speaker and I did have to turn the phones volume up when using speaker phone on the Nexus One. I would not agree it sounds tiny, but I would say it could stand to be louder then it is.

The Endgadget reviewer acted like someone just stole his ball when doing the Nexus One review.
    Thanks, csr!

That's why I never let my purchase decisions go based only on one site's review. One MUST talk to actual real-world owners to get the full picture.

Thanks again.
    01-07-10 04:05 PM
    Glad to hear that you're liking your phone!

With Google being the only retailor for the phone, is there anywhere you can go to test out the phone before you buy? Does t-mobile have one in their stores?
    01-07-10 04:07 PM
    Pros:

1. The phone is very well made. Many people talk about how HTC likes to use plastic, but this phone's case material is top notch and does not scratch or finger print easily like an iPhone.

I agree

2. Call quality is amazing and the two mic tech seems to really work well according to people I have talked to on the phone.

Don't agree. Call quality has been poor at best. Running on ATT AND Tmo. I feel this is a technical issue. The antenna is located at the base of the phone, so when you handle it, reception degrades, just as found on the iPhone. Also, I've run into the problem that my voice gets tuned out with the background noise. I think this is part of the noise cancellation technology not being fine tuned.

3. The Live Wallpapers are just pure awesome and a great touch that playing music effects them or just touch the screen does. I have not seen any battery problems with using them so far.

Although I agree with you partially, my N1 doesn't allow me to use the "Polarity Clock". It gives me an error and force closes the wallpaper app. Lucky for the N1 for its AMOLED screen, or else these wallpapers would most definitely eat up the battery. Thankfully the battery life is good.

4. The screen is amazing and even clearer then the DROID and colors are way more vibrant. I do not have trouble seeing it in the sunlight, and don't agree with Engadget's review at all.

Partially agree. The screen DOES wash out slightly, and the only way I was able to overcome the wash out of the screen is to crank up the brightness. But under normal conditions the screen is pretty frackin' amazingly hott and full of win.

5. Battery life seems very good so far, it is better then the iPhone 3GS and DROID, but I have not had the phone long enough to fully experiences it.

Although it's to soon to really make and sound decisions on the battery life, it's pretty good so far. I expect it to get even better as the battery gets broken in after 5 days or so.

6. Camera is good and WAY faster then the DROID's loading up.

+1 !

7. The phone is lighting fast, so fast that on AT&T EDGE I can load a web page faster then a iPhone 3G, and 3GS can using 3G. I tested this with 3 3G and 2 3GS using MSN.com, engadget.com, si.com, and CNN.com. Obviosuly the iPhone in June with the same tech as the Nexus One would be faster, but it isn't June (The speed of the phone effects how it renders a web page if you are wondering what I am talking about)

I don't agree at all. My iPhone is much faster. Even on a head to head test on WiFi, the iPhone renders pages quicker. This has been documented on several websites, and videos can be found supporting this.

8. Android 2.1 makes a great OS even better. The change to the app tray, preview of pages, allowing more pages, Live Wallpapers, and new Google widgets are just awesome compared to 2.0.1. The weather/news widget is just great.

I love love love the native weather widget, and how I can check the temperature by time, and how I can get news updates without updating 3rd party apps.

9. The music and picture interface is much improved over 2.0.1.

Yes and No. The 3D interface for pictures is a nice add, but come on, the MP3 is the SAME, which means dull and lame, what are you talking about?

10. Box came with USB cable, micros USB power cable, case, and headphones. The headphones have the Android logo on them head piece and are better then the standard iPhone white ones, and have control for volume, phone etc like most premium 3rd party iPhone headphones. Basically they are nice for coming with the phone and WAY better then standard BB ones.

Yes, the accessories that come with the N1 are pretty nice! And I was glad to see a case included! The included earbuds are pretty nice and feel like they are high quality.

11. Not really about the phone, but the google phone store is just awesome. It is quick, easy, and simple and free overnight shipping.

+1 for free overnight shipping, and yea, google checkout was very convenient. Would definitely use it over paypal if it were to ever go mainstream.

12. Speaker phone works well, but speaker is not as loud as the DROID's. The vibrate is just right and not some craziness like the Storm 2.

Speaker is a bit lame, and gets very tinny as the volume goes higher.

Cons:

1. I do not care for the track ball and don't believe it needed to be included at all, but it isn't a deal breaker.

The trackball to me, is useless. Except it makes a very nice, albeit exaggerated notifier.

2. Speaker is not as good as the DROID's.

Sadly, this is true.

3. No pinch zoom feature on native Google apps.

This makes me sad. Double tapping is only so accurate.

Everyone I have shown this phone to has really been impressed, and like the phone. I do not agree this is just another Android phone, it is the standard on which the manufacturer's who use Android should follow. Expecting this phone to be cheap, and subsidized by Google was a fairy tale as soon as it came out of the guys mouth who made it up. Now that google has confirmed Google Voice will be getting VOIP I am sure a DATA only Nexus One will be possible in the future.
    This is a good phone, but really, I think the only fault it has is that it was overly hyped.

It's not cheap, it's well made- Has a beautiful screen, and is very snappy.

But if you have a DROID, you won't be to impressed.

Trust me.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-07-10 at 04:26 PM.
    01-07-10 04:23 PM
    I had the Droid for a couple of days courtesy of my work. I was impressed by the Droid, but even more impressed by the Nexus, although I only got to use the phone for about 10 minutes :P

One thing that kills me: there is no hard Phone button to go directly to your phone address book/dial pad

Was it something I overlooked or is there another way to directly access your phone WITHOUT creating shortcuts.
    01-07-10 04:35 PM
    If the phone was to start acting up who would you call to troubleshoot? do you have insurance? if so threw who?
    01-07-10 04:44 PM
    Just pulled the trigger on the nexus one! I hope to recieve it by tomorrow =D
    01-07-10 04:51 PM
    Just pulled the trigger on the nexus one! I hope to recieve it by tomorrow =D
    what was the damage? $$$$
    01-07-10 04:54 PM
    530+ tax unless you go through tmo...
    01-07-10 05:00 PM
    ouch!!!! but is that tmo price only for brand new customers or you use a upgrade to get a promo price.
    01-07-10 05:03 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD