Don't get me wrong I love my blackberry tour and will most likely upgrade to the tour 2 when it is released, but I truly do miss the interactivity that I felt the touch screen on my touch pro gave. Anyone hear any rumors that might indicate we might get the storm2 or something similar? I hate verizon as they a ridiculously over priced!!! And I will never switch over to them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 09:08 AM
    you have sprint and think VZW is over priced?!?!

post of the day right here....

but to answer the question, i don't see sprint carring it since VZW has the "rights" to touch screen BB's....

01-07-10 09:20 AM

but to answer the question, i don't see sprint carring it since VZW has the "rights" to touch screen BB's....

He's correct, Verizon is overpriced, and T-Mobile is as well. I went to both with my comparable Sprint coverage and they told me to stay with Sprint becuase they can't do it. Actually, the T-Mobile guy told me that, Verizon said maybe you'd like a PDA. I told Verizon, "No, if i wanted a PDA, i'd be asking for one."

I had asked Verizon if they can compare to Sprint's prices for the Storm, but I'll stick with Sprint.

I am currently only paying 45 dollars a month for everything Blackberry plan shared with 4 lines. When it was a single line it was 69...they can't beat that.

Now that that's out of the way, I too wish that Sprint would get a touch screen device. Maybe that touch screen slider Blackberry is supposedly developing.

WCM
    01-07-10 09:35 AM
    when my contract was up before T-Mobile came out with ther Even More + plan, i called around for pricing, and visited stores alot....

so here is where i set.. i have 2 blackberries... a 9700 (mine) and a 8900 (my wife's)...

-unlimited voice
    -unlimited data
    -unlimited tethering
    -unlimited text/MMs

143.99 per month....

same plan through sprint (minus the tethering, and only mobile to mobile, land lines not included. Where mine is any number in the USA) is 199.98.

looks like t-mobile is cheaper on that plan...

when you start getting into OVERALL pricing... they are all the lowest... you have to look @ plan per plan...

the closest plan to that through VZW was 180 a month and ATT was in the one 190 bracket.... Sprint i didn't even call on... i had those jokers years ago and i was paying some 90 dollars a month for a basic flip phone...

01-07-10 09:51 AM
    Moving to Sprint Forum
    01-07-10 10:06 AM
    I also agree that Sprint is one of the cheaper priced carriers out there. I'll be getting the Everything Data Family plan with Any Mobile, Antytime for 1500 minutes for only $129.99 for two phones. Since the bulk of our minutes are towards cell phones, 1500 is more than enough and the plan comes with everything else pretty much. The plan price depends on the customer's needs.

As for the thread, I sure would like to see a touchscreen BB on Sprint sometime in the future. I can sure hope the Storm2 comes to Sprint!
    01-07-10 10:07 AM

uhh.. yeah. VZW is one of the most expensive carriers (esp with data services).
    01-07-10 11:27 AM

Ur nuts you need to do more research before you make comments like that
    01-07-10 01:31 PM
    It's going to take so long for Sprint to get a touchscreen BB that this thread will be long gone...
    01-07-10 01:40 PM
    Yes sorry. We had Verizon for eight years, and they had us bent over. Firmly. My only regret was that we stuck with them for. so. long. Stupid.

With Sprint, we have three lines, three data plans, unlimited texting, location services, and 1500 shared minutes for $140 per month, with our military discount included.

Verizon and AT&T refused to discount the TOTAL plan like Sprint does, instead only discounting the first line, data not included. 15% off of $30, how generous of them.

Sprint's phones are a little more pricey up front, but I was okay with that.

As for touchscreen Blackberry, I would first like to see Sprint get a SUPERIOR Blackberry that doesn't come with a host of problems, and able to get updated OS, preferably this century. The Tour is an embarrassment.
    01-07-10 02:43 PM
    As for touchscreen Blackberry, I would first like to see Sprint get a SUPERIOR Blackberry that doesn't come with a host of problems, and able to get updated OS, preferably this century. The Tour is an embarrassment.
    The 8530 is very solid, just that a lot of people here won't bother trying it.
    01-07-10 02:46 PM
    Yeah I've had att and their pricing for two lines was rediculous but they at least offered me five lines no deposit, I wanted a storm and was tired of att so I checked out verizon who wanted a 400 deposit per line and their plan pricing for two lines was ******** so I ended up going with sprint who gave me the option of three line w/ no deposit for which I ended up with two sharing 1500 minutes and the everything data package for 129 which is hands down better than any package I've seen out there not to mention coverage for me is stellar and they are already testing 4G in Charlotte, NC only a matter of a few hours down the road. I will stay with sprint regardless of having a touch screen BB simply because as a whole they are just a better service provider. I know people have had bad experiences with them but I challenge you to find me one cell phone provider who someone doesn't have a horror story about. On a side note I would love even more a slider BB as I love having the qwerty keyboard. I really liked my touch pro just had too many issues with it. So far I have had only minor issues with my tour all very easily fixed rather quickly.

01-07-10 03:09 PM
    I inquired about a BB Touch Screen Phone several times at different Sprint retail stores, and to their customer service reps over the phone. All were in agreement that we would not see a BB touch screen phone this year. They also stated that most of the time the consumer (us0 gets the news/reports/rumors before it hits the general retail store employees.
    Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-07-10 09:11 PM
    The 8530 is very solid, just that a lot of people here won't bother trying it.
    I know. It just almost seems like it's a step down, coming from a Tour. When the Tour works, it's phenomenal--I think that's why so many people are so disappointed, because it had such potential.
    01-07-10 10:35 PM
    I went to vzw today and have to say with my discounts it about evens out for what I use.
    We get 1400 mins
    I get bis,gps,unl txt and pic.
    She gets unl txt and pic

I would break even in monthly costs.

I may switch, I'm still not sure but there is a lot of stuff on my sprint plan that may fit a lot of people but not me. I don't use the nfl or sprint tv.
    The only thing I will miss is my nascar in car radio.
    I heard u can get that on vzw anyway as long as you have the link

01-07-10 11:08 PM
    As I posted in another thread, I would love for Sprint and Rim to bring us a BB touchscreen with a slide out keyboard. Just add a slide out keyboard to the Storm 2 and bring it to Sprint and me of course!
    01-08-10 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD