Grooveshark acknowledges issues w/ the BB app on their twitter page. Hopefully this fixes the problem of intermittently playing on my 9700... This really is an awesome service when its working - I hope they get it right.

we'll be making an update tomorrow--your problems are not alone.
    Grooveshark on Twitter
    01-07-10 07:58 AM
    1.0.5 is available now OTA from grooveshark.com, downloading now
    01-07-10 08:15 AM
    App looks the same, I never had any major issues with the last version, so hopefully someone else can confirm that it has been fixed to work with all devices. There is now an SETTINGS item in the menu, only option present is "Enable Ranged Requests" can select TRUE or FALSE. There are also a couple more items in the menu like SIMILAR SONGS, SIMILAR ARTISTS, ALBUMS BY THIS ARTIST, and SONGS BY THIS ARTIST. I might be missing something, but overall the app hasn't changed all that much visually, must be mostly under the hood improvements.
    01-07-10 08:27 AM
    Downloaded the latest version, but still as poor as before. It searches and finds music ok, but it's another thing getting it to stream it. It's a very rare occasion when it does work.

Counting the days to the end of the first month at which point it looks like I'll be cancelling my subscription.
    01-07-10 08:41 AM
    Downloaded the latest version, but still as poor as before. It searches and finds music ok, but it's another thing getting it to stream it. It's a very rare occasion when it does work.

Counting the days to the end of the first month at which point it looks like I'll be cancelling my subscription.
    I agree.. Streams fine on my wifi at home.. But get in the car and start rolling and it just hangs.. I really wish they would fix this app... I have found tons of great music that I just cant listen to unless im at home.. and then, I can just log onto my computer and stream.. Your right, I will be cancelling at the end of the month if it is not fixed by then.. Pandora and Slacker work great where i live..
    01-08-10 08:40 AM
    my problem is with the offine songs. youre suppose to be able to listen to offline songs with no signal. My subway commute is just over an hour. 45 mins of it underground. how am i suppose to listen to songs when i cant even open the app with no signal????
    01-08-10 08:44 AM
    my problem is with the offine songs. youre suppose to be able to listen to offline songs with no signal. My subway commute is just over an hour. 45 mins of it underground. how am i suppose to listen to songs when i cant even open the app with no signal????
    Brutal...
    01-08-10 08:58 AM
    They got 3 weeks to make right.. or my three bucks is back in my pocket..
    01-08-10 08:58 AM
    Just posted something to their twitter about this, we'll see if they reply, if not, I will be emailing them, this is a HUGE flaw in the app....
    01-08-10 09:10 AM
    The new version is streaming properly for me (running OS 5.0.0.419 on Sprint Tour). Previously, I could only play offline songs. Took a battery pull for me to get it to work, hope everyone else's start working properly too.
    01-08-10 12:09 PM
    Just downloaded on my Storm. Keeps saying, "The application cannot connect to Grooveshark. Please try again later."
    01-09-10 09:40 AM
    Just downloaded on my Storm. Keeps saying, "The application cannot connect to Grooveshark. Please try again later."
    No storm version yet. Grooveshark says its coming.
    01-09-10 12:23 PM
    I could never stream a song under the old version. Now I can, at home on WiFi. I was able to away from home, but after 3 or 4 songs, it started hanging at the first 10 to 15 seconds of a track, and would keep starting over. I skipped ahead to another song and same results. Now, it started doing the same thing at home, but I found that it depended on the track; some of the music on Grooveshark must be encoded incorrectly (or the client can't handle it), because most often, moving to a new track did not repeat this issue.

I'm still not sure what to make of the service; I'm still subscribed as I'll be covering it for Tech in Hiding, so they have a few weeks to make improvements.
    01-09-10 03:09 PM
    Hey guys. I'm one of the developers of the GS Blackberry app and would like to let you know that we're paying close attention to your feedback. I'd like to invite any of you that are still having issues to contact me directly at travis dot whitton at grooveshark dot com.

To address julioangelortiz regarding the 10 - 15 second issue, it could be related to the content being requested not working properly with our audio player. If you contact me, I'll be happy to investigate the issue further. If you're on AT&T, you may have a better experience by going into settings and toggling "Enable ranged requests" to false.

Regarding the complaints about offline content still requiring you have a basic connection, we're focusing on this issue now and should hopefully have it completely resolved by the next update. The offline feature was added shortly before the release as a means to better support low-bandwidth connections, but rest assured a "full offline" mode is in the works.

I thank you guys for bearing with us, and sincerely apologize for any frustrations with the app.
    Last edited by tmountain; 01-14-10 at 12:35 PM.
    01-14-10 12:23 PM
    What an amazing group these guys are. There's a ******* dev right here in this thread, and though I haven't experienced ANY of these issues (besides some songs stopping partway through, which has been fixed since the last update) its amazing to see someone right here willing to address these issues. Cmon guys, its 3 bux. Bear with them and I KNOW it will end up being worth your while.

Thanks a lot for the app Grooveshark, this is definitely my most favourite BB app to date. And anyone else considering cancelling their service, just reconsider for now. It'll end up working as good on your BB as it does here on my 9700 on Telus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 05:21 PM
    The update fixed the streaming issue for me. (9000/ATT/.411) I had previously only been able to use "offline" play. Looking forward to true offline mode for travel across Texas where coverage is spotty. This app now finds itself on my "must have" list for blackberry. Well worth the price to play.

01-14-10 06:43 PM
    yes, absolutely a must-have app for me.. ANY song, ANYTIME... that is worth $3/mo. to me, plus offline playback....... starting to wonder if I even need an ipod anymore.

One feature I would suggest is the ability to flag songs for offline playback, and download them via pc/usb like slacker does. I would love to store hundreds of songs, but they take too long to download OTA.
    01-14-10 10:32 PM
    Hey guys. I'm one of the developers of the GS Blackberry app and would like to let you know that we're paying close attention to your feedback. I'd like to invite any of you that are still having issues to contact me directly at travis dot whitton at grooveshark dot com.

To address julioangelortiz regarding the 10 - 15 second issue, it could be related to the content being requested not working properly with our audio player. If you contact me, I'll be happy to investigate the issue further. If you're on AT&T, you may have a better experience by going into settings and toggling "Enable ranged requests" to false.

Regarding the complaints about offline content still requiring you have a basic connection, we're focusing on this issue now and should hopefully have it completely resolved by the next update. The offline feature was added shortly before the release as a means to better support low-bandwidth connections, but rest assured a "full offline" mode is in the works.

I thank you guys for bearing with us, and sincerely apologize for any frustrations with the app.
    Hello tmountain,

When I first downloaded grooveshark a few weeks ago it was a bit of hit and miss, sometimes it streamed a song ok and other times not. Now though it's 100% miss - it searches ok for a song, I select to play it, the graphic is downloaded and the wheel spins for a few seconds... then nothing.

"Now Playing" is displayed in the top left corner, the progress bar doesn't budge at all, and the speaker does a great job of maintaining perfect silence the whole time.

As a search app to find and display a tiny graphic of the album art it does the job, but streaming music unfortunately proves too challenging.
    01-15-10 06:47 AM
    Having exactly the sam eproblem as B2B, and this after I paid $30.00!!

How do I get a refund!

01-15-10 08:41 AM
    Having exactly the sam eproblem as B2B, and this after I paid $30.00!!

How do I get a refund!

Should have just tried for 1 month, lose $3 not a big deal, $30 I would be pissed.
    01-15-10 08:55 AM
    Having same problem a BB2B on Blackberry Bold ... Wish I had gone $3 month to month instead of the $30 ...
    01-19-10 10:56 AM
    Having same problem a BB2B on Blackberry Bold ... Wish I had gone $3 month to month instead of the $30 ...
    Further experimentation has shown that I get the situation as described by BB2B above ONLY when I'm connected wifi. Have confirmed with two different wifi connections that the songs either don" play at all as he described or they start and stop repeatedly.

I can turn wifi off and then successfully stream on at&t edge or on 3G ...
    01-19-10 11:12 AM
    hey guys, im in the uk using a 9700. i downloaded the app last week and have never been able to log in. i enter my details and get a message reading 'failed login'. has anyone else had this problem?

i contacted GS through twitter and the form on their site but so far, no one has offered any help. i'll try the guy who posted on here. in the meantime, if any of you guys have any suggestions then i'd love to read them
    01-21-10 06:13 PM
    Has anyone who was having problems with getting this thing to stream music got it working yet?

As stated in my previous posts, it did work for a few songs albeit a bit sporadically when I first installed almost a month ago. Two version updates later (now on 1.06) and it still only manages to search for songs and download the album image, but doesn't manage to stream any music at all.

I gave the app a month till my next $3 payment kicks in which is now in a couple of days. I know I'm probably clutching at straws and it's very likely that I'll be cancelling my subscription very soon, but if anyone has had better luck then I'd be interested to hear.
    02-01-10 04:45 AM
    So miraculously the day before my next $3 subscription kicks in and I’m about to remove my subscription … it all starts working and the music starts streaming through without any problem. Absolutely no changes from my end.

A last minute reprieve then - hopefully it’s not a one-off.
    02-03-10 06:38 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD