App World gave me a notice today that there was an update available for Poynt. After I did the update, I either get and "Out of Memory" or "Poynt-2 has verification issues." Now, I can't go back to the previous version because it's not on the App world any more. Anyone else having issues? How can I get the earlier version back?
    Verizon Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1.61
    01-06-10 09:24 PM
    App World gave me a notice today that there was an update available for Poynt. After I did the update, I either get and "Out of Memory" or "Poynt-2 has verification issues." Now, I can't go back to the previous version because it's not on the App world any more. Anyone else having issues? How can I get the earlier version back?
    Verizon Tour 9630 OS 4.7.1.61
    Did you back up your 3rd party apps? If yes, then you can reinstall it through desktop manager.
    01-06-10 09:28 PM
    I can try that. I am just wondering why BAW would have me update a program that seems to not be compatible with my phone!
    01-06-10 09:31 PM
    update worked fine on my 8900 curve! really improved the app hope it works out for you nice update
    01-06-10 09:44 PM
    i have an 8310 and after the update i cannot run poynt from the icon on my home screen.

i get an "uncaught exception net.rim.device.api.system.controlledaccessexceptio n" error when i try it.

however, if i go into the message that app world sent me about getting the update, it now lets me click on run, and the app works perfectly fine.

strange.
    01-06-10 10:05 PM
    updated today through poynt's website and everything works fine. os4.7.1.61
    01-06-10 10:39 PM
    works fine for me os 4.7.1.40
    01-06-10 11:52 PM
    I just updated and its working fine for me. Sprint Tour, current official os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 01:42 AM
    I just checked the Poynt Website and does not have a version compatible with the Tour. This phone is not getting much love these days!

01-07-10 05:02 AM
    I loaded the new POYNT update and it works fine on my tour. Nice upgrade!
    01-07-10 05:40 AM
    I downloaded and installed the newest update to Poynt (.36) yesterday from BB App World and it installed and works just fine. Yes it does work on the Tour. Uninstall everything and just re-download it from App World.
    01-07-10 06:45 AM
    "Out of Memory" error is an OS 4.7 bug. It's not a problem with Poynt. It is an application indexing error. Make sure to delete it before rebooting, or you will get the dreaded 552 error.
    01-07-10 08:50 AM
    i have the tour and the new .419 leak. updated poynt and works great.
    01-07-10 09:07 AM
    "Out of Memory" error is an OS 4.7 bug. It's not a problem with Poynt. It is an application indexing error. Make sure to delete it before rebooting, or you will get the dreaded 552 error.
    Downloaded and runs fine on my Verizon Tour with Stock OS. I DLed via BBAW and did not manually delete before downloading. I just let BBAW install over the older version.

Let me say this, one of things that most excites me about this version is that you can have more than one favorite theater. Now I can just go into one app and look up everything playing at my favorite theaters. Awesome!!!!

Integration with gas prices very cool.

The only thing I wish it did (or could do) is if you fire up "map it" and then exit Poynt, it would be neat if it asked you if you want to close Google Maps, or whatever map program you have poynt use. But no biggie.

Great job on the new version!!!!!!! At this point, my desire for a fully fledged app from Fandango, versus the (essentially) launcher thing they have out now, has wained (sp?). I love Poynt even more now.

Think about this.....a great app has been improved significantly, IMHO, and it is still free. Take that wannabe developers........
    01-07-10 09:29 AM
    Upgraded and runs without issue on my Rogers Bold 9700.

Great upgrade!
    01-07-10 09:38 AM
    Upgrade works fine on my 8330, OS 4.5.0.175.

01-07-10 10:27 AM
    it works the same for me BUT I have a question - are you guys seeing the "carousel" in the center or is it a horizontal row of icons across the screen? The screenshot they have up on CB's main page is a true carousel but mine isnt...??
    01-07-10 10:42 AM
    I tried to update it through BB App World, and the program hung on me several times. This is with the current official OS on my Tour. I deleted it, and then reinstalled through m.mypoynt.com. Now it works just fine. The gas prices feature is great, and it seems that the businesses feature is using a more recent database. So far, I like this new version.
    01-07-10 11:09 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Tried downloading OTA from Poynt's website, clicked Run, Out of Memory Error. Deleted, rebooted. Tried downloading from App World, clicked Run, Out of Memory Error. Deleted, rebooting now.

I got the same thing when I tried updating UberTwitter to 0.945 and downloading Fandango. I use a Mac, so I can't add apps thru Desktop Manager. I'm sick of this ****.

Can anyone help?
    01-07-10 11:27 AM
    I just checked the Poynt Website and does not have a version compatible with the Tour. This phone is not getting much love these days!

Hi jpcollins909,

Poynt is in fact compatible with the Tour. If you are having issues downloading and installing Poynt, please email us at [email protected] with your device info (model and os version), and where you downloaded it from (our website or app world) and we will be happy to provide assistance.
    01-07-10 12:56 PM
    it works the same for me BUT I have a question - are you guys seeing the "carousel" in the center or is it a horizontal row of icons across the screen? The screenshot they have up on CB's main page is a true carousel but mine isnt...??
    it's not a carousel on the storm. it's a carousel on the other bb models
    01-07-10 12:58 PM
    A question to storm users:

Would having the option to switch between carousel and bubble view be something you would want to see in our next version?

If not which one would you prefer, carousel or bubble view?
    01-07-10 01:04 PM
    I updated this morning thru poynt's homepage. Update went smoothly. Have not experienced any of the above listed issues. Love the new UI and the GPS based weather homescreen. Also think its awesome that they threw in a feature to find the cheapest gas prices near you.

I didn't think poynt could get better than it already was... I was wrong.

01-07-10 01:07 PM
    Would be even better if the app had a built-in "check for version updates" that would notify us when the app was loaded, or we can check it manually from within the app. That would be another way to get around App World's many annoyances.
    Poynt does this automatically. Eventually we will push an update out to existing users for this version if they are still running older versions. We don't do it right away in case there are any unforeseen issues with a release (we don't want to bomb our users with update notifications).
    01-07-10 01:08 PM
    Updates fine on Tour running .230. What issues were fixed between .28 and .36? .28 was the last version I was sent before the public release (although I had NO problems with it) I was just curious.
    01-07-10 01:13 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD