So, My Verizon upgrade date is Feb. 17. I can get the Storm 1 for free. What are your thoughts about the overall speed of the device, the keyboard, media and anything else you think I should know before my purchase.

Thanks CrackBerry Community!
    01-06-10 04:46 PM
    if your gonna go with a berry atleast go with the storm2 whats the point of having a phone that cant have apps on it cuz it has no app memory
    01-06-10 04:56 PM
    I agree with blunt420. Get the Storm2 instead. While I have not had any problems with my Storm1 I would always go with the most recent version of a device when purchasing something new.
    01-06-10 05:25 PM
    Go with the Storm 2!!!
    01-06-10 05:34 PM
    This thread says it all. If you have the chance, go with the S2. I've had both and enjoyed both, but the S2 wins over the S1 hands-down.
    01-06-10 06:25 PM
    ^ agreed ^
    01-06-10 08:27 PM
    let me start by saying i LOVE my storm 1. given the choice would i get a storm 2? **** yeah! but storm 2's arent going for $150-200 unlocked for gsm on craigslist. im 16 and dont have the funds for a storm 2, so the storm 1 does everything i need it to do. honestly, i'd recommend waiting until the fall for a new storm. heres how: pick up a used storm and activate it but DONT use your free upgrade. in the fall when the storm 3 comes out, you can use your upgrade on it, OR get a storm 2 for a lot cheaper. just my recommendation..
    01-06-10 08:33 PM
    That free storm would still be overpriced... Just my .02
    01-06-10 08:47 PM
    That free storm would still be overpriced... Just my .02
    How can something free be overpriced?

Although, i don't understand why you wouldn't go with the storm 2 or even the droid, if you can't afford the S2, can you really afford the extra $30 a month you'll be paying for a data plan?
    01-06-10 08:53 PM
    Thought about the Droid Eris? Pretty nice little phone for $99!
    01-06-10 09:07 PM
    Verizon kills you on the data plan. Data costs you $720 over a two year contract. Plus you basically have to get insurance, so we'll say an increased cost of $936 coming from a "dumphone" plan. Whether the phone is $100 or free, to me does not make much of a difference...you're paying a lot regardless and should get the best phone available!
    01-06-10 09:17 PM
    Verizon kills you on the data plan. Data costs you $720 over a two year contract. Plus you basically have to get insurance, so we'll say an increased cost of $936 coming from a "dumphone" plan. Whether the phone is $100 or free, to me does not make much of a difference...you're paying a lot regardless and should get the best phone available!
    That's kind of what i was trying to say

For what i do, the S1 performs very well. Basically i txt and use the browser, not the BB browser now it is mostly Opera 4.2 and 5.0 beta2. I don't use many apps and i don't use themes, and i think this is why i don't have many issues, especially now with the latest update, why I can't justify upgrading to the S2 myself, also because i have a year left with the S1.
    It also seems that too many people just can't update the phone without problems, and many don't even know these updates exist.

Personally, if i was due for an update right now, like jetman said, i would get the best phone available, it would be the moto droid. Or wait for the nexus to hit Verizon, i like the fact that its thinner and no physical keyboard.
    01-06-10 09:46 PM
    if your gonna go with a berry atleast go with the storm2 whats the point of having a phone that cant have apps on it cuz it has no app memory
    What's this crap about "Can't have apps on it"?

I've got 31 apps installed on my Storm 1 and boot with 26.7 megs of app memory left.

For crying out loud, how many apps do you need on a phone?
    01-06-10 11:46 PM
    What's this crap about "Can't have apps on it"?

I've got 31 apps installed on my Storm 1 and boot with 26.7 megs of app memory left.

For crying out loud, how many apps do you need on a phone?
    Wow.. What apps do u have? That's pretty impressive..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD