So I have had my Bold 9000 for about two months. I bought it unlocked and have been using it with T-mobile. When I first got it, i upgraded it to the latest leaked os 5.0. The thing is, I had problems with it. First it would just randomly crash and restart and crash and restart, continuously tell it just drained the battery out.
    Sometimes, on restarts, the standard Blackberry ringtones would not work, and sometimes they would.
    Sometimes when it would restart after crashing it would say, "net_app_something_ (52) isnt working and was canceled".
    I assumed it was a bad leak and tried several different version. (and this same occurred with each OS.
    I would install it on my pc, on my buddy's who has an unlocked Bold 9000 on t-mobile just like me.
    In the end I gave up and went back to 4.6
    Yesterday i tried the new, official OS 5.0.
    It worked at first, but then when I install the newest BBM, it started crashing again, until the battery was gone.
    So now I have reinstalled it, kept the standard BBM that comes with the OS. and also deleted Quickpull. thinking it might have to do with it as well.
    On a last weird note. It seems only to crash in the evening. In the morning it is perfectly fine, however once it passes 4pm , the crashing beings, non if this occurs with 4.6.
    Any ideas? My friend and I are both lost. Sorry for the wordy post, but it is really difficult to describe the retardedness of this situation.
    01-06-10 04:10 PM
    Hi I also have been using a unlocked Bold 9000 from AT&T on the T-Mobile network. I had an unofficial OS 5.0 a few months ago I had no problems but after a while I just decided to return to 4.6 and wait for an official 5.0. I installed the official 5.0 yesterday and it has been working fine so far. As for what has happened to you I don't have an idea what it could be. Maybe you could back up your device, wipe it and reinstall the OS?
    01-06-10 04:58 PM
    First off, did you do a wipe before the install? Some, if not all of these issues could be residual from previous OS and the unlocking. If you didn't wipe, I would suggest a clean install.

Next, you're describing the crashes in the evening makes me think of memory leaks causing the phone to reboot. Have you been monitoring your memory? If not, that is your most likely culprit and is the best place to start.

Go ahead now and check your file free, then do a batt pull and check it again, then post your results so we can start helping you diagnose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 05:00 PM
    I have installed the os in several ways
    update,
    fresh install,
    even deleted all OS.'s only having the bios.
    Right now it seems to be working i am going to check the memory and also i am not going to update bbm or anything
    01-06-10 07:08 PM
    So more interesting stuff. It crashes in the morning as well...
    Net_app_bb_Smtt_(55) and (86) pop us as well
    Also, the repetitive crashing, does not stop with batter pulls, but is resolved when plugged into a charger....
    01-07-10 03:27 PM
    I had the exact same problem!

It crashed when I tried to send SMS messages sometimes or when I was in a phone call.

Very very annoying, especially because it couldnt even boot up again!

I did a clean install... however I restored my contacts and my calender. Maybe that caused the problem.

Did you restore anything?
    01-07-10 05:00 PM
    I've been having so few problems with my OS 5.0.0.0.411, non-official version (not sure how different this one is, may even be the same). Battery life is fantastic, never have to worry about it, and I have not seen a crash yet, and I use my phone a lot for browsing when I have downtime.

I don't have many apps installed though, Opera Mini Beta, Bolt, and Movies is about it. Will want to get Shazam as well, but other than that, a pretty clean BB. Does that have anything to do with it? I do get mem leaks, but it does not affect phone performance. I start the day at 30 MB, gradually drops to around 20 within a day or two of use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 05:47 PM
    as of right now i did an install with only the contacts and messages, and am reinstall all the apps from the beginning, hope this works.... I will check back in after about a day of work, the night is upon us, and I worry the reboots will begin soon
    01-07-10 05:48 PM
    crashes have begun again. after fresh application installing, i deleted visual voicemail (which was archived) hoping to fix this, but it just crashed... this time no new net app announcement and the reboot was super fast...
    01-07-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD