whenever i back up my bold, and then restore from the backup, none of my sound profiles restore back to the phone. this issue has been a problem ever since i got the phone,whether is was running 4.6, or after i upgraded to 5.0.0.411 what could cause this, and how could i fix it?
    01-06-10 02:44 PM
    When you say upgraded to 5.0.0.411, do you mean they didn't restore doing the upgrade?

I believe a lot of the restore features were introduced in OS5, so if you are going from OS4.6 and upgrading to OS5, yeah they are not going to restore.
    01-06-10 02:46 PM
    The upgrade will only save any profiles that you have created, but the ones that were already on the phone that you have changed the settings on don't carry over. It's not a restore issue but a backup issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 03:04 PM
    When you say upgraded to 5.0.0.411, do you mean they didn't restore doing the upgrade?

I believe a lot of the restore features were introduced in OS5, so if you are going from OS4.6 and upgrading to OS5, yeah they are not going to restore.
    well i bricked my phone an few times, when i had 4.6, so i would restore it, but they would still be lost.

The upgrade will only save any profiles that you have created, but the ones that were already on the phone that you have changed the settings on don't carry over. It's not a restore issue but a backup issue.

so your saying that if i create a new profile than that will restore correctly, but if i edit the default profiles (normal, loud, vibrate, etc...) than those wont back up/restore correctly? and it is not just a device problem?
    01-06-10 03:38 PM
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's not a problem per se, just something that was overlooked on the OS build.

01-06-10 05:03 PM
    hmm its quite and annoyance, but thank you.
    01-06-10 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD