Recently I have noticed a new icon appearing in the upper-right corner of my screen when making a call. It's a small square that has a series of +s running diagonally across it. I don't know if I've accidentally changed a setting. Anyone know what this is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 01:21 PM
    Could be audio boost?
    01-06-10 01:31 PM
    screenshot?
    01-06-10 01:33 PM
    Recently I have noticed a new icon appearing in the upper-right corner of my screen when making a call. It's a small square that has a series of +s running diagonally across it. I don't know if I've accidentally changed a setting. Anyone know what this is?

That's your Audio Boost. You can access the settings by going into the call log, press the menu button, selecting Options, select Enhanced Audio. If the Phone Call and/or Headset Call Audio (depending on which you are using) is set to anything other than Normal you will see it.
    01-06-10 01:36 PM
    Under Enhanced Audio, the only present option is the enable or disable auto volume control, and setting to disable or enable does nothing to make the icon go away. I have nothing setup by way of BT either. Any other ideas?

01-06-10 06:19 PM
    Under Enhanced Audio, the only present option is the enable or disable auto volume control, and setting to disable or enable does nothing to make the icon go away. I have nothing setup by way of BT either. Any other ideas?

My icon only appears if I have my Phone Call Audio or Headset Call Audio (depends on which I'm using) set to anything other than Normal. My options under those two items are: Previous, Normal, Boost Bass, Boost Treble. If you don't have those options then I'm not sure what to tell you. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
    01-06-10 07:15 PM
    While on a call, press the "L" key to cycle through the audio boost and turn it off.

Hope that helps...

John
    01-06-10 07:22 PM
    I have that icon thing too... a square with s's going down diagonally. I noticed it once i upgraded to os 5.0. But pressing 'L' does work.
    01-06-10 08:32 PM
    While on a call, press the "L" key to cycle through the audio boost and turn it off.

Hope that helps...

John
    John, You are awesome! Thanks for the help.

Jon

01-07-10 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD