So I just got my first BlackBerry, the Tour 9630 a few days ago.

I used my full upgrade with Sprint, plus the mail in rebate blah blah blah

Now Im really, really starting to worry because it seems that in the next few months the TOUR 2 could be released. I am wondering if I will be able to return my Tour and get my money back, and my full upgrade and just wait for the Tour 2 to be released.

If I have only had the phone for a few days, you think I will be able to switch to the Tour 2 no problem? I have sprint.
    01-06-10 11:53 AM
    not sure about Sprint, but with Verizon, if you sent in the rebate claim, you would be SOL.
    01-06-10 11:59 AM
    Oh great! I can see my next few pay checks going straight to "savings" already!
    01-06-10 12:06 PM
    That sucks, but you could always sell your Tour on ebay and use that money toward the Tour 2. That way you won't have to make up a huge difference! With it being so new, I'm sure you could get a decent amount for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 12:22 PM
    not sure about Sprint, but with Verizon, if you sent in the rebate claim, you would be SOL.
    Are you sure about this?? I just bought this tour about a week ago hoping to be able to return it for the tour 2 when it comes out but already sent the rebate in just in case it didn't come out in time. Pleaseee tell me ill still be able to return it!

Not that I'm not satisfied with the tour, its amazing especially with the new os, but would still love to have the trackpad and wifi.

01-06-10 01:15 PM
    Are you sure about this?? I just bought this tour about a week ago hoping to be able to return it for the tour 2 when it comes out but already sent the rebate in just in case it didn't come out in time. Pleaseee tell me ill still be able to return it!

Not that I'm not satisfied with the tour, its amazing especially with the new os, but would still love to have the trackpad and wifi.

When I bought my 8830 over 2 years ago, the sales rep told me NOT to send in the rebate form until I was sure I was going to keep it.
    01-06-10 02:11 PM
    I'm gonna say I lost my Tour, get a new one with insurance and sell both on ebay to pay for my new phone. I figured I've paid insurance fees for 8 years now and haven't ever lost or broken a phone. Its about time I get my moneys worth!
    01-06-10 04:49 PM
    I'm gonna say I lost my Tour, get a new one with insurance and sell both on ebay to pay for my new phone. I figured I've paid insurance fees for 8 years now and haven't ever lost or broken a phone. Its about time I get my moneys worth!
    That is insurance fraud and highly illegal. The one you "lost" will have the PIN blacklisted and the ESN# reported as lost/stolen. It will never work again, so if you sell it, the buyer can file charges against you. So not a very good idea any way you look at it.
    01-06-10 05:08 PM
    That is insurance fraud and highly illegal. The one you "lost" will have the PIN blacklisted and the ESN# reported as lost/stolen. It will never work again, so if you sell it, the buyer can file charges against you. So not a very good idea any way you look at it.
    +1. its people like this that make the ***** pool fill up so quick.
    01-06-10 05:15 PM
    With sprint, and most carriers you get a 30 day trial period to exchange a phone after purchasing.

So if it is released within 30 days, then you're good.

Personally I think I will try an android phone before I go blow $$ on another quickly launched catch-up device from RIM.

01-07-10 11:36 PM
    You are SOL on your Tour since you sent in for the rebate. I have the same Tour as you do only I am with Verizon and it is an amazing device. I don't have issues with the trackball and I am not bothered that is doesn't have WIFI. If you have to have the Tour 2 then sell yours and get the 2.
    I don't know why people can't be happy with what they have. If you have issues with the trackball after two replacements you should be able to get switched to the Tour 2 Verizon does that and when I sold multi carriers meaning I sold Verizon Sprint and TMobile before just selling Verizon they do this for customers. But you will have to go through two replacements.
    01-08-10 01:14 AM
    People who think they can pull a fast one and say a phone is lost and then keep it and try to sell it along with the insurance replacement will not get very far.
    When a phone is lost or stolen, the ESN is reported as being bad. So, say you did really lose a phone and reported it. Someone actually has your phone and tries to activate it. It will not be able to be done cause the ESN is bad.

So if you think you can pull this fast one on Verizon and report your Tour lost and take that supposedly lost phone and the insurance phone and sell them YOU ARE SO WRONG............and very stupid.
    01-08-10 01:17 AM
    OP, if the Tour 2 is released within 30 days, you could still return your Tour to Verizon and get the Tour 2. The catch is that you'll have to pay back the full amount of the rebate.

As for the dude posting on a public forum about how he intends to commit insurance fraud, you're an *****. I'm actually quite certain that you're just trolling but one can never know.
    01-08-10 02:16 AM
    So I just got my first BlackBerry, the Tour 9630 a few days ago.

I used my full upgrade with Sprint, plus the mail in rebate blah blah blah

Now Im really, really starting to worry because it seems that in the next few months the TOUR 2 could be released. I am wondering if I will be able to return my Tour and get my money back, and my full upgrade and just wait for the Tour 2 to be released.

If I have only had the phone for a few days, you think I will be able to switch to the Tour 2 no problem? I have sprint.
    Ok. Stop. Stop Stop. Ur not out of luck at all. Simply take ur phone back within 30 days and all is voided. Ur contract starts back to the original ect. Grab another phone :HTC whatever do the same thing again mabey grab a pearl (whatever) and just continue till the tour 2 arrives when ur tour arrives ur still eligible for all upgrades and discounts

01-08-10 06:22 AM
    Ok. Stop. Stop Stop. Ur not out of luck at all. Simply take ur phone back within 30 days and all is voided. Ur contract starts back to the original ect. Grab another phone :HTC whatever do the same thing again mabey grab a pearl (whatever) and just continue till the tour 2 arrives when ur tour arrives ur still eligible for all upgrades and discounts

Exactly. You can still return the phone to Sprint REGARDLESS if you mailed in the rebate form or not. That's pretty lame with Verizon that you can't. As long as it isn't in bad condition they will return it no problem and reset your eligibility. There might be a $35 restocking fee though, FYI.
    01-08-10 07:26 AM
    The rebate is tied to a specific model/brand of phone. If you swap a Tour for a Tour, your rebate still stands. If you swap a Tour for a Tour2, the model numbers are different, thus it's a different phone. You'll need to re-submit your rebate.

You could call Sprint and ask them to expedite this process for you, and in some cases they will. But don't get your hopes up.

THIS IS FOR SPRINT, I'M NOT SURE ABOUT VERIZON
    01-09-10 12:53 PM
    I guess we'll find out about verizon the day the essex comes out because ill be the first one in line exchanging this tour for the essex and I already sent the rebate in. They better let me, after playing with a friends bold 9700, I must have the trackpad!!!

That is if the essex comes out before the 23, which is when my 30 days is up..

01-09-10 07:42 PM
    I believe that if you have sent in your rebate, you can still return the phone; however, you will only get the net cost to you for the return.

In my case, I paid $199.99 and got a $100.00 rebate; if I return the phone they will only give me $99.99 credit toward another phone. If that phone has MIR then I can sent it it and get that rebate as long as I have paid the dif between the $99.99 and the sale price of that phone.

I may be wrong; however, this is what I gleaned from the paperwork that I got from Vzw when I got my Tour.

COME ON ESSEX!!!!
    01-09-10 09:17 PM
    I believe that if you have sent in your rebate, you can still return the phone; however, you will only get the net cost to you for the return.

In my case, I paid $199.99 and got a $100.00 rebate; if I return the phone they will only give me $99.99 credit toward another phone. If that phone has MIR then I can sent it it and get that rebate as long as I have paid the dif between the $99.99 and the sale price of that phone.

I may be wrong; however, this is what I gleaned from the paperwork that I got from Vzw when I got my Tour.

COME ON ESSEX!!!!
    My mom returned her Curve 2 for an Eris exactly this way.
    01-09-10 09:22 PM

I'm pretty sure you can only return your phone one time....

I guess we'll find out about verizon the day the essex comes out because ill be the first one in line exchanging this tour for the essex and I already sent the rebate in. They better let me, after playing with a friends bold 9700, I must have the trackpad!!!

That is if the essex comes out before the 23, which is when my 30 days is up..

i had an idea that might help people in your position...
    1. return phone before your 30 days is up
    2. say you would rather keep your old phone and then have the reactivate it
    3. make sure that they understand that you still want your upgrade available in case some phone comes out that you want (essex)

ii don't see why this wouldn't work, but this would only be a solution for people who are still within their 30 days and have access to another phone until the release of the essex....
    01-09-10 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD