Hey with the Moto Droid and now the Nexus 1 do u think Apple will be able to come out with something to keep their edge besides more apps and a mini iphone. What's left to add on the iphone 4gs flash?
    U think they will answer with higher resolution, a faster processor.
    Or is Apple just too smug and full of themselves to up the ante with their next device.
    I would love to hear everyones take on this.
    This should be fun
    01-06-10 11:29 AM
    Well now they (apple) have TMP, so they already took a huge hit.
    01-06-10 11:35 AM
    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2010/01...rocessor-demo/

Maybe we will see this in the new iPhone. Multicore 2Ghz processor.
    01-06-10 11:38 AM
    Well now they (apple) have TMP, so they already took a huge hit.
    Whats TMP?
    Thanks
    01-06-10 11:39 AM
    Im sure apple is working on new stuff, I mean they set the standard for whats out now. Why would they just all of a sudden fall behind and stay there?Everyone is trying to release the next big thing and in time apple will have their crack at it again.Technology never stops, were still just seeing the birth of a new era in phones. Things will get juicer for everyone as time rolls on. Bring it..
    01-06-10 11:41 AM
    Hey with the Moto Droid and now the Nexus 1 do u think Apple will be able to come out with something to keep their edge besides more apps and a mini iphone. What's left to add on the iphone 4gs flash?
    U think they will answer with higher resolution, a faster processor.
    Or is Apple just too smug and full of themselves to up the ante with their next device.
    I would love to hear everyones take on this.
    This should be fun
    Apple isn't scared. they hold 25% of the worlds smartphone market with one product, and customer loyalty is off the charts. Just saw on Mobile Buzz that Android, which is at 3.5% share, will be around 14% by 2012. Apple will keep pumping out products, and people will keep buying them.

As to whats left to add, they can always give it higher res screen. If Apple feels they are losing ground, they'll simply offer the phone on every US carrier after the exclusivity deal is up, and they'll stay on top.
    01-06-10 11:47 AM
    One thing I know about Google is that they are good at killing the competition, so these battle between Apple & Google will be nice to see
    Whats TMP?
    Thanks
    TMP
    Glad he jumped ship.
    Apple isn't scared. they hold 25% of the worlds smartphone market with one product, and customer loyalty is off the charts. Just saw on Mobile Buzz that Android, which is at 3.5% share, will be around 14% by 2012. Apple will keep pumping out products, and people will keep buying them.

As to whats left to add, they can always give it higher res screen. If Apple feels they are losing ground, they'll simply offer the phone on every US carrier after the exclusivity deal is up, and they'll stay on top.
    Things change. I doubt they can keep that 25% though 2012. I'm not saying Andoid will take over, I'm just saying doubt they stay were they are at forever.
    01-06-10 11:49 AM
    Things change. I doubt they can keep that 25% though 2012. I'm not saying Andoid will take over, I'm just saying doubt they stay were they are at forever.
    I dont think it will matter who has what share in 2012. Remember the whole world gonna end thingy by the Myans?
    01-06-10 12:03 PM
    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2010/01...rocessor-demo/

Maybe we will see this in the new iPhone. Multicore 2Ghz processor.
    Ohhhh man; but hey Android devices will follow.
    Also by that time they may be on VZ
    01-06-10 12:04 PM
    TMP
    Glad he jumped ship.
    Ohhhhh him
    01-06-10 12:05 PM
    I dont think it will matter who has what share in 2012. Remember the whole world gonna end thingy by the Myans?
    It has been rumored that Android will be the number one os by 2012.
    Nah the world won't come to an end. Altruism will abound everyone will
    see each other as their brother. Cell phone companies will start heavily
    subsidising with one year contracts, and no etfs.
    01-06-10 12:25 PM
    I most certainly think apple will and already does have an answer for the new phones. Apple has and will continue to be the trend setter for phones for a little while. Thats why every major phone made is slated as an iPhone killer/competitor. They all want to be the iPhone. Not that I particularly adore apple or android either way. I think both are both excellent phones/platforms. I WANT Apple to stay around just like I want Android to compete with it because it creates some great competition and we all know that makes the world great for us consumers.

P.S. That multi-core processing is SICK!
    01-06-10 12:28 PM
    I most certainly think apple will and already does have an answer for the new phones. Apple has and will continue to be the trend setter for phones for a little while. Thats why every major phone made is slated as an iPhone killer/competitor. They all want to be the iPhone. Not that I particularly adore apple or android either way. I think both are both excellent phones/platforms. I WANT Apple to stay around just like I want Android to compete with it because it creates some great competition and we all know that makes the world great for us consumers.

P.S. That multi-core processing is SICK!
    But Android devices will be right behind it with something just as good if not better.
    01-06-10 01:33 PM
    As Apple does with their iPods and Macs, there will be something better coming this year.
    01-06-10 01:36 PM
    These 2 companies will be battling it out for years to come. That's a good thing for us as it will force them to make better device. Hopefully this will give RIM a kick in the pants too.
    01-06-10 02:02 PM
    The iPhone will always be that thing that revolutionised the mobile market. That, in its self can never be beat, unless someone is to re-revolutionize the market with something new that innovates the way we use mobile devices. The Android stuff is going to be huge, and IMO, will surpass what apple can do one day because of the power in numbers. App worlds are what makes these devices so interesting. I know that apple has about a 100 farting apps, but having the largest app market is were half of the rubber meets the road. It is going to be interesting to see how it unfolds...
    01-06-10 02:02 PM
    I think it will be an ongoing battle between Apple and Android. Neither is going to settle for second place so I think it would be interesting to see what happens. I wonder if Apple may even make the iPhone available to every major carrier?

I believe Apple has a good iPhone following right now but imagine how much more they will sell if they went with other companies. I think Android is a good competitor for the iPhone.

Can't wait to get my Android phone soon!!
    01-06-10 02:03 PM
    This is really interesting now that AT&T will be offering android devices. I can't imagine that Apple is too happy about that.
    01-06-10 02:14 PM
    I don't think apple will ever release anything as groung breaking and with so much impact as the original iphone. When apple first released the iphone there was no real competition. Now you have companies like Sony, HTC, Google... Investing millions into research and development. The is no way that apple as unique as they are, are leaps and bounds ahead of these other companys. I think the next iphone will have a better screen, faster processor and maybe some UI tweeks and that about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 02:50 PM
    This is really interesting now that AT&T will be offering android devices. I can't imagine that Apple is too happy about that.
    The balls in apples court now. Either they open it up and land on all carriers or believe staying on AT&T is the way to go(cant believe that but anything is possible).Ive never had a iphone nor want one but i dont knock how good it is. If it had been released on verizon in the first place a few years back we might not even be having any of these discussions.
    01-06-10 02:58 PM
    I know that apple has about a 100 farting apps,
    The difference between Apple and Android? With Android you get the aromatic enjoyment of the fart apps
    01-06-10 04:17 PM
    I can't see Apple not opening up the iPhone to all carriers, especially after the US T-Mo CEO stated in a WSJ article that the Nexus One will be available on all carriers within the next 12 months.
    01-06-10 04:19 PM
    Some food for thought

In a note released this morning, Doug Anmuth indicated that Google might sell 5 or 6 million units in 2010, generating incremental revenue of between $2.6 billion and $3.2 billion. Which would appear to make for a pretty great debut; it should go without saying that tons of companies would kill for those numbers.
    Still, to look at even bigger picture, Barclays predicted in September that at least 7 million iPhones will sell in just the first quarter of 2010.
    And some perspective on these two giants -

Indeed, to put the data into perspective, John Paczkowski pointed out, "Motorola's (MOT) 2010 global smartphone shipments are expected to be somewhere around 13 million units.
    Nexus One Sales Of 5-6 Million Units Forecast | WebProNews
    01-06-10 05:25 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD