just got back from the tmobile store..gonna trade my sidekick 09 for the 9700 today im mad excited..im gonna have 2 pay a little bit but less then a 100 so i think its worth it..ive been reading all about the 9700 and i think its the best bbery for me...btw this is gonna be my 1st blackberry how do u guys like your bold??
    01-06-10 10:56 AM
    just got back from the tmobile store..gonna trade my sidekick 09 for the 9700 today im mad excited..im gonna have 2 pay a little bit but less then a 100 so i think its worth it..ive been reading all about the 9700 and i think its the best bbery for me...btw this is gonna be my 1st blackberry how do u guys like your bold??
    It is an awesome phone that you will love
    01-06-10 10:59 AM
    I agree with the previous poster, awesome phone that you WILL love.

I just got my 9700 (also a first time blackberry user) on Dec 23rd. I really recommend hanging out around here, browsing the topics and using the search function if you run into any trouble. There is an overwhelming amount of very helpful information to be found on crackberry, so use it

Enjoy your BlackBerry!!!
    01-06-10 11:02 AM
    haha ive been browsing the site the past week nd a half trying to get info on which bbery to get...from everyones input nd responses im gonna go with the9700,the only thing im worried about is the screen size coming from a 3inch from the sidekick lx 09..does ne1 have ne issues with it or its easy 2 get used to?
    01-06-10 11:10 AM
    I've had no issues w/my 9700, coming from a BB Storm other than trying to use my 9700 screen as a touch screen in the begining old habits are tough to break
    01-06-10 11:17 AM
    I came from a HTC with touchscreen, but thanks to the trackpad I didn't even feel the need to touch my screen, lol
    The fact that screen is much much sharper than what I was used to completely makes up for the difference in size, imho
    01-06-10 11:21 AM
    9700 is the best phone ever and is going to be for awhile. Powerful, light weight, amazing screen, right size.. not too big and not too small for a smart phone, trackpad.. and the list keeps going. You will enjoy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 11:29 AM
    It's one of the best phones available out there today. Definitely the best (traditional) blackberry todate
    01-06-10 11:45 AM
    da da da da da daaah Im loving it lol
    01-06-10 11:46 AM
    Welcome to the club....... and enjoy your berry!
    01-06-10 11:49 AM
    It's a nice handset as blackberry's go but with two sticky points, screen is two small for a smart phone in 2010 and the keys are a bit small for adult male fingers.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-06-10 at 11:52 AM.
    01-06-10 11:49 AM
    I love my 9700 its the best blackberry to date and well worth it.. I got mine for free from wirefly on blackfriday and boy was that a steal
    01-06-10 12:03 PM
    i would suggest u enjoy the phone with the stock firmware first and see how u like it before u upgrade to w/e is the latest firmware that is out.
    01-06-10 12:16 PM
    haha ive been browsing the site the past week nd a half trying to get info on which bbery to get...from everyones input nd responses im gonna go with the9700,the only thing im worried about is the screen size coming from a 3inch from the sidekick lx 09..does ne1 have ne issues with it or its easy 2 get used to?
    Hey there! I also came from a Sidekick LX09 to a BB9700. Honestly, the screen is the only thing I miss. The screen on the LX09 was out of this world. It's sad to me hearing everyone here saying the the BB9700 is a great improvement over other BB screens...but for me it's a downgrade . I also miss the Sidekick's keyboard spacing, but the buttons themselves are easier to push on the 9700.

I love all the options the BB9700 gives me. Whereas we were stuck using Bing for maps, Weather Underground for weather, Message Sentinel for customizable alerts, etc, the BB offers different app choices & a lot of them are FREE! You also have options for different Facebook, Twitter, & MySpace clients instead of the default ones that came w/ the OS. At first I didn't like that I had to download apps for stuff that came standard on the new Sidekicks, but then I started to appreciate that we had choices when it came to that stuff.

I also recommend Pandora, Slacker Radio, Weather Bug, Poynt, Google Maps, Drive safe.ly, & BeBuzz.

Enjoy!

ETA: You also have the ability to add up to 10 email addresses instead of 4 on the Sidekick. I've found that adding any more than 4, however, will drain the battery considerably. But, it's nice to have that option, & with as good of a battery as the 9700 has, it's a great feature. Also, if you're an IM'ing freak, you have a choice between AIM, google talk, yahoo, windows live (MSN), & ICQ. And, the camera is a bit better than the LX09, but the video recording is VASTLY better.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 01-06-10 at 12:30 PM.
    01-06-10 12:18 PM
    9700 is the best phone ever and is going to be for awhile. Powerful, light weight, amazing screen, right size.. not too big and not too small for a smart phone, trackpad.. and the list keeps going. You will enjoy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is no where NEAR the best phone ever, its just a phone that has instant push email, not a big deal, it is a pretty good phone though with a great camera
    01-06-10 12:19 PM
    Hey there! I also came from a Sidekick LX09 to a BB9700. Honestly, the screen is the only thing I miss. The screen on the LX09 was out of this world. It's sad to me hearing everyone here saying the the BB9700 is a great improvement over other BB screens...but for me it's a downgrade . I also miss the Sidekick's keyboard spacing, but the buttons themselves are easier to push on the 9700.

I love all the options the BB9700 gives me. Whereas we were stuck using Bing for maps, Weather Underground for weather, Message Sentinel for customizable alerts, etc, the BB offers different app choices & a lot of them are FREE! You also have options for different Facebook, Twitter, & MySpace clients instead of the default ones that came w/ the OS. At first I didn't like that I had to download apps for stuff that came standard on the new Sidekicks, but then I started to appreciate that we had choices when it came to that stuff.

I also recommend Pandora, Slacker Radio, Weather Bug, Poynt, Google Maps, Drive safe.ly, & BeBuzz.

Enjoy!

ETA: You also have the ability to add up to 10 email addresses instead of 4 on the Sidekick. I've found that adding any more than 4, however, will drain the battery considerably. But, it's nice to have that option, & with as good of a battery as the 9700 has, it's a great feature. Also, if you're an IM'ing freak, you have a choice between AIM, google talk, yahoo, windows live (MSN), & ICQ. And, the camera is a bit better than the LX09, but the video recording is VASTLY better.
    thanks alot for all the info i appreciate it, quick question...does the phone come with os 5.0 already installed? nd what are the best free aps to get?
    01-06-10 12:47 PM
    The OS depends on your carrier, but I think all 9700's have os 5.0... which version of that, again, depends on your carrier

As for apps, it really depends on what you're planning to do with your BB. My first download was UberTwitter, a great free app for twitter... but then again, if you don't twitter it won't be of any interest to you
    01-06-10 12:56 PM
    This is an amazing phone. One of the best one that I've ever owned. Definitely my favorite right now.
    01-06-10 01:01 PM
    congrats! ironically... i'm bringing mine back tomorrow...
    01-06-10 01:03 PM
    Anyone able to get an early upgrade? My upgrade is next wednesday but I want to get it now.
    01-06-10 01:09 PM
    Anyone able to get an early upgrade? My upgrade is next wednesday but I want to get it now.
    i wasnt eligble for an upgrade but they can cancel ur current plan and start u out fresh but you might have to change your phone number..and u get a nice discount
    01-06-10 01:22 PM
    da da da da da daaah Im loving it lol
    That somehow makes me want some McNuggets!!!
    01-09-10 08:11 PM
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my phone! I have 3G and for me it works like wifi! It's amazing and the colors are gorgeous! I couldn't be happier with my phone. You will ENJOY it! Have fun with your new baby Ooops mines also came with the 5.0.0.330. My fav ALL ime apps are Bank Of America, Facebook, Quick Pull, weather bug and My space lol. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Msvoluptous; 01-09-10 at 08:39 PM.
    01-09-10 08:28 PM
    i wasnt eligble for an upgrade but they can cancel ur current plan and start u out fresh but you might have to change your phone number..and u get a nice discount

My buddy works for Parrot and my contract still had a little over a year on it. I got an early upgrade exception and paid $300 up front w/ a $100 mail-in rebate after purchase. It re-up'ed my contract for another two years, but it was worth it to me not to lose the number I've had for around 8 years.
    01-13-10 05:06 PM
    It is no where NEAR the best phone ever, its just a phone that has instant push email, not a big deal, it is a pretty good phone though with a great camera

Just wondering what you would consider an all around better phone? I'm not trying to argue with you here just wondering. Considering you said "it is no where NEAR" you must have a massive list of phones that you think are better than the 9700.
    01-13-10 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD