I just ordered my first smartphone, the BB Storm2. I'm coming from a long line of LG phones but this will be my first "crackberry". Any suggestions on what I should read up on, learn, do first, decide, etc. before it arrives from Fedex?

Thanks in advance!
    01-05-10 10:19 PM
    I'm sure what most people will tell you is to just read the manual and learn the shortcuts. There are plenty of threads in here on how to manipulate the phone the best way. Too many to name. But whatever it is you want to learn, just search it in here and you are bound to find your answer.

Welcome to the cult---I mean family! LOL
    01-05-10 10:22 PM
    A Storm1 or Storm2 isn't exactly the easiest phone to pick up on if it's your first smartphone and are completely unfamiliar with the Blackberry user interface...what do you want to use the smartphone for? That'll help in telling you some useful tricks and tips when using it.
    01-05-10 10:25 PM
    Well, my LG was dying a slow death and I wanted a solid platform smartphone. I thought it was ironic that I ordered on the day the new Google phone was announced, considering how many Google apps I want access to over a smartphone but I like my technology nice and stable and 2nd generation

Here was my smartphone wishlist:
    • Easy transfer of my LG contacts to the BB (I used Verizon's Backup Manager to backup)
    • GPS to track running workouts. My favorite app on the Verizon LG was called BIM (Bones in Motion). They have a beta for Storm2 (I think) but any other app that is as good will work.
    • Play mp3s while running - hopefully BBs can background apps
    • Play mp3s over bluetooth stereo headphones (Motorola S9) while running
    • Access Gmail and Earthlink email
    • Access web / email over Wifi
    • Access corporate e-mail (Lotus Notes)
    • Access/modify Google Calendar
    • Access GPS mapping software like Google Maps to get directions. I didn't like Verizon's Navigator.
    • Access to YouTube or some other kid-friendly videos for a 2 year old when I need him to hold still (during haircuts for example
    • Play videos (for said toddler) over headphones
    • Play on Facebook
    01-05-10 10:58 PM
    welcome to the club i have a new storm 2 as well i had a 9530 and sold it and i must say this phone rocks.
    01-05-10 11:00 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!!!! As you have read just reasearch the forums everything has been discussed a thousands times in so many ways so it will be easy to pick up on any info you dont know!!!
    01-05-10 11:06 PM
    Welcome to CB and the storm 2 will good up to its hype , I came from the Droid. As for your wishlist its all possible with the storm 2 , so have fun learning the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 04:01 AM
    Mine is in transit right now with fedex. Sick of the stupid trackball on my curve 8900. Although I love the 8900, it's frustrating using the trackball which of course is used to do anything. I like the idea of having no moving parts to break or wear out. Looking forward to picking it up. I just hope it's a smooth transition getting it up to speed and setting up e-mail etc.
    01-06-10 07:38 AM
    congrats on the new s2 !!!!
    01-06-10 10:27 AM
    Sleep as much as you can before your BB arrives. Once it arrives you will be seriously sleep deprived.
    01-06-10 10:38 AM
    So true

01-06-10 10:41 AM
    Congrats on your Storm 2. I also just bought mine and came from a Storm 1. I tried all the real keyboard berrys and just could not find comfort in them (though the old and curve are really nice). For me it's all about the touch screen.

Also, my buddy who is staying over for the week brought his Droid. I have no problems admitting that the android's OS is excellent. I just do not like the hardware that surrounds it.

The Storm line is designed perfectly for me and my needs.

Enjoy your new Storm 2 and welcome to the madness .
    01-06-10 01:54 PM
    I enjoy my storm2 so much I'm not allowed to talk about it at home anymore.
    01-06-10 03:15 PM
    Sleep as much as you can before your BB arrives. Once it arrives you will be seriously sleep deprived.
    OMG, am I getting a phone or a newborn? Thanks for the welcome folks. Off to do more reading....
    01-06-10 09:48 PM
    A Storm1 or Storm2 isn't exactly the easiest phone to pick up on if it's your first smartphone and are completely unfamiliar with the Blackberry user interface...what do you want to use the smartphone for? That'll help in telling you some useful tricks and tips when using it.
    Def. was mine - S1 was my first the day or so it got released. I really caught onto it - so I don't really agree with your statement there. Just my opinion.
    01-06-10 11:02 PM
    I just ordered my first smartphone, the BB Storm2. I'm coming from a long line of LG phones but this will be my first "crackberry". Any suggestions on what I should read up on, learn, do first, decide, etc. before it arrives from Fedex?

Thanks in advance!
    First want to say congrats on getting the storm2 and being here on CB Like many has stated there are many threads about the storm2 it will take time to search for the info my best suggestion use the search tab on cb and type whatever you want to know. If you need more help PM ME
    01-06-10 11:26 PM
    Welcome to the s2 train friend

01-07-10 08:40 AM

Thanks in advance!
    Read the tips & tricks Threads here and ignore the many posts complaining about this or that issue. There's a LOT to love about the S2 but there's always someone who doesn't like something so you get a lot of b!tchin on this forum. Ignore those and enjoy the wonderful capabilities of your new Stomr2!
    01-07-10 08:52 AM
    I went from the Curve to the S1, and now the S2. It was a slow progression so I had time to get to know the BB UI and have to agree that you may never go back, after falling in love (with BB).
    Feel free to PM or PIN me with questions. My wife says that my phone is always "blowing up" so another vibe, or ping, or tone wont make a difference.
    Im am always learning, but have def got past the first step.
    01-07-10 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD