I just downloaded 4.2 and its nice.... Very smooth. Faster than bb browser. Just wondering if anyone has tried 5 on Storm. The site said its not verified yet?

If you have how is it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 09:58 PM
    Don't worry about that statement. This is just because its still under beta testing. I'm using it with no issues.

01-05-10 10:02 PM
    Really eh.... Sweet! So how is it? Is it better than 4.2

01-05-10 10:16 PM
    I've been using Opera Mini 5 beta 2 for about 2 weeks now, it works great. Smooth scrolling, fast loading, start page with 9 pages (unfortunately, I don't know how to change or reset pages), saves passwords, etc. I'm using Storm 9530 OS 5.0.0.328

Hope that helps.

01-05-10 10:21 PM
    I've been using OM5 for a good six weeks and I like it a lot. It even worked during the blackout. Some people have had issues though. Do take time to learn it and its great !
    01-05-10 11:25 PM
    It works fine and is better than 4.2. Moving thread to 3rd Party Apps
    01-05-10 11:28 PM
    I've been using Opera Mini 5 beta 2 for about 2 weeks now, it works great. Smooth scrolling, fast loading, start page with 9 pages (unfortunately, I don't know how to change or reset pages), saves passwords, etc. I'm using Storm 9530 OS 5.0.0.328

Hope that helps.

You change the speed dials by holding your finger on the one you want to change. It will come up with two options: edit and erase I believe. Just choose which option you want.

01-06-10 01:03 AM

Hope that helps.

I think when you are prompted to login a site. Meaning username/password , after putting in said info opera asks or prompts to save said info click yes and it does. I never have to login to CB on opera even after. Bat pull.

01-06-10 01:10 AM
    Have they enabled the sync with Opera desktop or is that still a no go with this beta?
    01-06-10 06:53 AM
    I like it but have had some lock-up/white screen issues. Also I like 4.2 scrolling better. I have them both and use 5 much more.

01-06-10 07:18 AM
    I love it. Much Better then native browser
    01-06-10 09:00 AM
    Yup same here. Minor white screen issues once in a while but a much better browser. I tried several versions of Bolt before I heard of OM and none seemed to work as well as OM. I fully recommend it.

01-06-10 09:41 AM
    Have they enabled the sync with Opera desktop or is that still a no go with this beta?
    Sync (Opera Link) works and works great for me. It really is a terrific feature, IMHO.
    01-06-10 11:05 AM
    Sync (Opera Link) works and works great for me. It really is a terrific feature, IMHO.
    Sync doesn't seem to apply to bookmarks in my case. Odd. Probably missing a setting somewhere.
    01-06-10 11:12 AM
    Can I presume you already have Bookmarks checked in "Synchronization Options"?

Also, I've found I need to drag whatever (desktop) bookmarks I want to have synchronized into the Opera Mini folder in the bookmarks menu.
    01-06-10 11:25 AM
    Can I presume you already have Bookmarks checked in "Synchronization Options"?

Also, I've found I need to drag whatever (desktop) bookmarks I want to have synchronized into the Opera Mini folder in the bookmarks menu.
    Yep. All my bookmarks are in the opera mini folder and bookmarks are checked to sync in sync options. Gotta be something I've missed.
    01-06-10 01:17 PM
    That's a mystery alright. Assuming Opera Link is set to "ON" in OM5, and the desktop settings are correct, your bookmarks should sync.
    01-06-10 02:20 PM
    What's crazy is that my speed dial synced but no bookmarks.
    01-06-10 02:46 PM
    Sheesh! I just tried to add a bookmark and got nada....zilch.

Somehow, I got logged out of the "My Opera" account and the sync wasn't working properly. What I wound up doing was logging in (desktop), adding the bookmark, and turning off Opera Link in OM5. When I turned Opera Link back on in OM5, I entered my username and password, it sync'd, and the new bookmark appeared. Worth a shot.
    01-06-10 04:37 PM
    Sheesh! I just tried to add a bookmark and got nada....zilch.

Somehow, I got logged out of the "My Opera" account and the sync wasn't working properly. What I wound up doing was logging in (desktop), adding the bookmark, and turning off Opera Link in OM5. When I turned Opera Link back on in OM5, I entered my username and password, it sync'd, and the new bookmark appeared. Worth a shot.
    Already tried that. No dice. All my bookmarks are imported HTML from Firefox. Wonder if that somehow, someway is impacting the sync? Right now I'm stumped. About ready to roll back to 4.2.
    01-06-10 05:53 PM
    Anyone else think beta a bit jerky compared to 4.2? I hope they make it a tad smoother then this browser will be just about perfect

01-20-10 03:05 PM
    this maybe a dumb question... but is there anyway to make the opera browser your default browswer???? what would happend if you delete the BB browser? can you change default settings anyhwerE?
    01-20-10 03:54 PM
    this maybe a dumb question... but is there anyway to make the opera browser your default browswer???? what would happend if you delete the BB browser? can you change default settings anyhwerE?
    No, but with 5b2 you get the option in email etc to open in Native or open in Opera.

Honestly, you would not want to remove browser as there will always be functions that a 3rd party browser will not be an ideal solution for.
    01-20-10 04:36 PM
    Yup same here. Minor white screen issues once in a while but a much better browser. I tried several versions of Bolt before I heard of OM and none seemed to work as well as OM. I fully recommend it.

They fixed the white screen issues in December. I would update your installation.
    01-20-10 05:06 PM
    I am using OM beta 5.2 with S1 .328. I am loving every bit of it. Fast and seamless.

01-21-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD