Well, I discovered a fun effect when placing my 8350i within four inches of my LG Flatron (W2361V) monitor's right-hand side ...

Whenever there's any data flow, the 8350i's radio will trigger the capacitive on/off touch switch on the bottom of the monitor. This results in my monitor going on and off repeatedly until the transmissions end.

The first time it happened I was confused. The second time, my speakers (which had been off the first time) clued me in, and I found it amusing.

Strangely enough, a 7520 doesn't trigger this.

I don't suppose there should be a warning on the box? *joking*
    01-05-10 09:42 PM
    The same thing happens when I am near my electric shaver. I thought that I my shaver was broken but when it kept happening.. I put 2 & 2 together. I was told it had to do with the iDEN network.
    01-06-10 05:37 AM
    One day I had my Tomtom on my desk updating it.... well it was turned off, got a call and it turned on. it did it 2 times. cant get it to do it since.
    01-06-10 05:40 AM
    The same thing happens when I am near my electric shaver. I thought that I my shaver was broken but when it kept happening.. I put 2 & 2 together. I was told it had to do with the iDEN network.
    It does, but the 7520 is also iDEN - perhaps the fact that the 8350i has an internal antenna and the 7520 doesn't makes all the difference. Anyway, its a fact of life I've dealt with since my first i390 way back...
    01-06-10 07:54 AM
    Now only if I could put the phone next to my wifes head, she would shut up!

(only kidding honey, of course I love you)
    01-06-10 08:05 AM
    Now only if I could put the phone next to my wifes head, she would shut up!

(only kidding honey, of course I love you)
    Hahaha... Nextel would be a lot more popular if that was the case
    01-06-10 09:44 AM
    Put a Nextel near any electronic device: TV, PC monitor, Cordless phone, Radio, Ect. and you will have interference. Even a GFI outlet will trip when phone is placed near it.
    01-06-10 10:05 AM
    never noticed this. ive always noticed the sound when a data working i.e. call or text but never had anything go on and off. gonna try it on gfi
    01-06-10 04:19 PM
    I can til when a call is coming in my work truck before the phone rings. Then the phone rings and radio goes back to normal. The radio gets low and speakers get all distorted. Its funny when some else is with me and happens there like wtf happend to the radio

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 05:39 PM
    I can til when a call is coming in my work truck before the phone rings. Then the phone rings and radio goes back to normal. The radio gets low and speakers get all distorted. Its funny when some else is with me and happens there like wtf happend to the radio

TRU DAT!! Its hilarious!
    01-06-10 05:54 PM
    I've always wondered why Nextel was the only carrier that always had these side effects. Is it the frequency? My computer alerts me to phone calls before the ringer does, great when you forget to turn your ringer back on!
    01-07-10 10:33 AM
    It's just a nice combo of the frequency and power output of the phone. I have a Kenwood UHF radio that makes "something" beep in our server room when I key it!

01-07-10 06:59 PM
    My Altec Langsing InMotion Zune dock turns on whenever I get any data activity on my 8350i.
    01-08-10 10:21 AM
    I wonder if the all these effects cause harm to the human body. Not that ill quit using my crackberry if there is. Still drainka nd that's ruins your liver and I bet there a few smokers in here to who won't quit some a ddications are just to hard to quit

Last edited by MSIXTEEN; 01-08-10 at 06:00 PM.
    01-08-10 05:56 PM
    Yep every Nextel phone I have ever had will give this click click click on any speaker it's near before it starts ringing. And now that I have the 8350i it does it when it's doing any data transfers or calls coming in. Never had it shut anything on or off yet but don't think I'm not going to try it now, LOL
    01-12-10 12:36 PM
    Oh man, it doesn't affect pacemakers does it? I'd better stay away from the older crowd when my phone is on. Of course its always on.
    01-20-10 03:29 PM
    It's because it's 800 MHz frequency band. All nextel phone run on it.
    01-22-10 11:20 AM
    i dont find it amusing at all just another reason to hate the iden network. i cant be near any computer speakers with this stupid brick of a phone.
    01-24-10 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD