Man, I have a ton of dirt, lint, and what seems to be a tiny hair in the flash on my camera. Is it possible to pop off the cover without damaging the phone and put it back on easily? I was gonna give it a go, but wanted to see if anyone else has done the same or had any thoughts.
    01-05-10 07:12 PM
    i had the same issue and all i did to clear it up was take a can of compressed air and spray the little speaker opening above the camera and flash and it got rid of all of it now i have not one bit of dust in the flash.
    01-05-10 07:15 PM
    Man I have that Ish too lol! If there is a solution...Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 07:15 PM
    try that out before you guys do something drastic
    01-05-10 07:16 PM
    the plastic covering over the camera and flash is held in place by an adhesive. You can pry it off, clean it and stick it back on.
    01-05-10 07:23 PM
    i had the same issue and all i did to clear it up was take a can of compressed air and spray the little speaker opening above the camera and flash and it got rid of all of it now i have not one bit of dust in the flash.
    Nice! Thanks, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
    01-05-10 08:17 PM
    You CAN pry that piece off with something thin. Like a razor or a thin knife.
    I took it off on my Storm 1 the same exact way. It is just stuck on there with some sticky glue stuff.

The only problem is..... the more you pry it off and back on, the weaker the glue gets, and then it makes it even EASIER for dust to get in.

For example, Fast forward 11 seconds into this video:
    01-05-10 10:17 PM
    I figured it did come off if I pryed it. I tried a little bit with my fingernail but stopped and posted this, haha. I'll probably pry it off after I try the Dust-Off method. Thanks for the replies!
    01-05-10 10:50 PM
    why would you want dust off of the flash...it won't affect image quality.
    the lens is a different story.
    01-05-10 10:51 PM
    Exactly. I have the dust on flash as well but I don't bother cleaning it. It won't affect my pics as lens is clean.
    01-05-10 10:53 PM
    Tight. I don't like crap up in my phone, that's why.
    01-05-10 11:56 PM
    Don't touch the cover when you take it off because the fingerprints you leave behind will drive you crazy. Not to mention if the razor slips and put a scratch on the plastic. Will be worse than a bit of lint. If you get a fingerprint on it, don't leave a smudge on the plastic before you put it on either. LOL
    01-06-10 12:10 AM
    try a vacuum cleaner at the headphone jack hole, im sure thats how it got in anyway.
    01-06-10 12:51 AM
    try a vacuum cleaner at the headphone jack hole, im sure thats how it got in anyway.
    ?? The Flash is on the opposite side of the device from the headphone jack.
    04-25-10 07:10 AM
    i got my storm2 for 6 month and have also tons of dust behind the camera flash. I does affect the picture quality, I can tell you!

will drop by my local vodafone store and hear what they say before pumping comressed air into my phone Btw, how many bars are safe?!
    10-25-10 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD