Long Story short, customer calls to get another phone. Customer says he was working 25 feet in airand dropped phone on ground. Screen did not crack. Customer had premium screen protectoron phone.. Take it for what it is
    01-05-10 05:14 PM
    Take it for what it is
    yeah. LUCK.
    01-05-10 05:52 PM
    yeah. LUCK.
    The screen aside, I find it hard to believe that a 25-foot fall didn't shatter even the case. Doubt the screen protected had anything to do with it. Perhaps he can't really estimate how far 25' really is.
    01-06-10 12:16 AM
    The screen aside, I find it hard to believe that a 25-foot fall didn't shatter even the case. Doubt the screen protected had anything to do with it. Perhaps he can't really estimate how far 25' really is.
    What did it fall in a vat of Jell-O?
    01-06-10 12:20 AM
    OK comming from sales background myself, customer was probably the sales rep of your most expensive screen protector
    01-06-10 02:11 AM
    The storm prolly landed on an air cushion.
    01-06-10 02:20 AM
    I honestly believe this to be true....I myself already dropped my phone on concrete, body itself was complete disaster but the screen was not cracked. I have an invisible shield on mine.
    01-06-10 02:20 AM
    In order for a screen protector to prevent a crack, it would have to be designed so that it would distribute the pressure across the screen. With screen protectors like IS and PhantomSkinz, etc, this is not possible. These protectors arent designed to distribute pressure, but instead to prevent scratches to the screen. Now if he was using a hard plastic cover on his screen then that would be a different story, as the thickness of such item would aid the resonant forces outward instead of inward. If you are using a thin screen protector, it wouldn't have the capacity to handle the forces, therefore the resonant forces concentrate at the sight of impact, creating a fracture for the force to escape.
    01-06-10 08:17 AM
    You ever heard of people having tinted windows?? Well I heard the film of tint on there window has saved there window from being shattered
    01-06-10 07:15 PM
    You ever heard of people having tinted windows?? Well I heard the film of tint on there window has saved there window from being shattered
    The films of any type (except static) will HELP prevent shattering, not cracking. In any event the I would have to assume the screen is virtually useless.
    01-06-10 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD