I just installed the 5.0 on my bold but cant find a way to delete the visual voicemail. I deleted it by modifying a certain file when I had 4.6. But no such luck with 5.0. Anyone have a clue?

Im on Tmobile so I dont need the vvm sitting there taking up battery.

Thanks!
    01-05-10 12:17 PM
    The easiest way to remove it is to delete the .alx file from your computer and then run the app loader.

The .alx file can be found in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

It's named:

net_rim_bb_vvm.alx

Let me know if you need anymore instruction on using the app loader.
    01-05-10 04:01 PM
    The easiest way to remove it is to delete the .alx file from your computer and then run the app loader.

The .alx file can be found in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

It's named:

net_rim_bb_vvm.alx

Let me know if you need anymore instruction on using the app loader.
    Hey I'm kinda hopping onto this thread cos I need to find out the exact instructions on removing the visual voicemail app. Could you pls p.m. me the instructions so I can remove that from my phone cos it uses a lot of my battery just running in the background.
    04-03-10 03:49 PM
    Could you also PM me or just post the instructions on here on how to remove it?

Thank you
    04-03-10 07:18 PM
    Found a way to delete it....if you upgrade to OS 5.0.0.507 and you just use the app loader not the DM to install it, you can uncheck Visual Voice Mail.

Works great I did that and I dont have it taking up my battery life or memory any more.
    04-03-10 08:34 PM
    Found a way to delete it....if you upgrade to OS 5.0.0.507 and you just use the app loader not the DM to install it, you can uncheck Visual Voice Mail.

Works great I did that and I dont have it taking up my battery life or memory any more.
    Thanks man. The other method I found was using shrink-a-os and it will delete it completely from your installed os on your computers hardrive. After that you update your os using the apploader. Thanks for you input as-well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 01:05 PM
    I always use CrackMem to remove unwanted garbage. Very simple. Just click and it is gone. Then run the OS upgrade.
    04-05-10 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD