Does anyone know of a way to further dim the clock when the BB is in bedside mode? I keep my screen brightness at 60%. When my BB is in its charging cradle and in bedside mode at night (set to auto dim) it is still too bright (according to my wife).

I'd really like to be able to dim the screen so it is barely visible -- perhaps 10% brightness -- while in bedside mode. Is there some way to do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by djg21; 01-06-10 at 09:22 PM.
    01-04-10 08:21 PM
    It's funny when you search these forums for a solution and you run into somebody with exactly the same situation. For me it's my girlfriend. I think a solution may come in a later os. I told her she gonna have to sleep with her head the other direction or sleep in the guest room. Because my nightstand houses my SW40 and my BB and thats not changing.
    01-04-10 10:40 PM
    I just got my S2 and this is the exact same problem I'm facing - the dim is not 'dim enough' for me.
    01-04-10 10:59 PM
    I keep mine in a charging stand with bedside mode activated from 10 PM to 6 AM. Have it set to auto dim, but it's also a little too bright for me. Since there is no other solution, for me I simply angle the stand away from me. I can still see the time, but the bright screen isn't facing me directly so it's not so bad.
    01-05-10 08:12 AM
    I keep mine in a charging stand with bedside mode activated from 10 PM to 6 AM. Have it set to auto dim, but it's also a little too bright for me. Since there is no other solution, for me I simply angle the stand away from me. I can still see the time, but the bright screen isn't facing me directly so it's not so bad.
    I do sort of the same thing; just turn the charging stand away from me, and I just turn it back when I want to see the time. I'd love it if, as suggested above, a future OS included an option to set the "dimness" lower.
    01-05-10 08:46 AM
    I use the regular charger, so I just turn the phone face down; I don't need to see what time it is in the middle of the night. I like low-tech solutions.
    01-05-10 09:19 AM
    If you turn off the Dim Screen function in Bedside Mode (Clock > Options), then the screen will turn off completely. I don't think there's a half-way measure, but I hope that helps some of you.
    01-05-10 10:31 AM
    Here's an odd problem I've been having that's sort of related - whenever I put my phone on the charger the clocks options pop up, forcing me to close them for it to just display the clock - WTF?

I have a charger bracket in my car and when I pop it in the options menu pops up, and since it's been cold I have gloves on and the close button on the storm2 requires skin contact to close the option menu.... uggg. I then have to take of my gloves or stare at half a clock.
    01-05-10 10:40 AM
    If you turn off the Dim Screen function in Bedside Mode (Clock > Options), then the screen will turn off completely. I don't think there's a half-way measure, but I hope that helps some of you.
    That's what I want! Thanks.
    01-05-10 10:59 AM
    Stupid isn't it? I had to be told too.
    01-05-10 11:07 AM
    For me it's my girlfriend. I think a solution may come in a later os. I told her she gonna have to sleep with her head the other direction or sleep in the guest room.
    I hate to be cynical, but that is the difference between having a girlfriend and having a wife. If I told my wife to sleep with her head in the other direction, I would be sent to the guest room . . . until I found somewhere else to live.

I've covered the LED with electrical tape, and I now use my skin case to block the light. The "low-tech" solution of laying my BB face down is one I'd like to avoid, as I wear glasses, and can actually read the BB digital clock without them, which isn't the case for most alarm clocks. It's nice being able to see the time when I wake. If I could just dim the clock more at night! This was not a problem with my S1.
    01-06-10 09:18 PM
    I've covered the LED with electrical tape...........
    You can shut of the LED in the menu.
    01-06-10 09:23 PM
    I'm sorry. I meant the LED on the top of the BB charging cradle that lights up my ceiling; not the BB LED. I wasn't clear. I turn off the LED in bedside mode, and keep the alert profile on phone only so I can get emergency calls.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD