Hello again,

Got another question seeing that the pros answered my last one with exactly what I needed.

I'm looking for a texting app or program that shows the letters that you are choosing for texting purposes like the i phone does that shows you the letter you selected. My Storm 2 just "glows" the letter, but it's hard to tell if you selected the correct letter until you select it.

Additional info. I'm on ATT unlocked without a data plan so I need an option for installing instead of "OTA"

Thanks in advance again,
    Miawahlum
    01-04-10 05:50 PM
    Install the newest OS leak and you will have what you ask for...
    01-04-10 05:55 PM
    It's available under the .428 upgrade. It provides little balloons above each letter so you can see what you hit.

It's under options>screen/keyboard>show key indicator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 05:57 PM
    It's an existing setting called Show Key Indicator under options>screen/keyboard. I know it's in OS .428, but I can't remember if .320 had it or not.
    01-04-10 06:01 PM
    I have version # v5.0.0.320 Platform 4.2.0.124 (17)

Do I need an upgrade from this? I assume I do as I went under options/keyboard screen and there was no "key indicator" to turn on.
    01-04-10 06:45 PM
    I have version # v5.0.0.320 Platform 4.2.0.124 (17)

Do I need an upgrade from this? I assume I do as I went under options/keyboard screen and there was no "key indicator" to turn on.
    Yes the os that you are running does not have that feature. Version 428 has it however
    01-04-10 06:48 PM
    Okay where can I find it? as all links seemed to disappeared. If not available, what would be the estimated release officially from RIM?

Thanks,
    01-04-10 07:26 PM
    There are links around you just have to hunt for them. It isn't up to rim to release the OS, it is up to vzw. And vzw is extremely uptight when it comes to releasing updates. It is best to dl the leaked OS cause we may not see an official anytime soon from vzw

01-04-10 08:43 PM
    You can do it now. Options...screen/keyboard and the show key indicator. Turn it on and there you go. On the OS you already have.

01-04-10 09:23 PM
    You can do it now. Options...screen/keyboard and the show key indicator. Turn it on and there you go. On the OS you already have.

That option doesn't exist on OS 5.0.0.320 which is the OS that came with the phone.
    01-04-10 09:42 PM

ummm no you cant on .320
    01-05-10 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD