How long do you think the US Govt will keep VZW as a vendor if VZW thumbs its nose at the FCC....meaning if...and of course thats IF....the FCC decides to push VZW to change ETF/Billing practices....

Just curious since of course all my nemesis and mods are gonna be outraged that I post this......I've spoken to several folks who handle the RFP/Bidding process here where I am at, and almost every one said that their personal encounters (most not so good) with VZW are going to affect their recommendations and ultimately their choice on which wireless provider to select to outfit each agency/command....let me add that Im quite sure from my research that if the USG were to pull away from VZW it would be a real loss for VZW.

overwhelmingly they say they love the coverage but strongly dislike/unimpressed with the pricing/customer service/back office support and billing practices.....

Ive been perusing the CB forum today and there SURE seems to be alot of anti-VZW animosity building ......
    01-04-10 09:04 AM
    How long do you think the US Govt will keep VZW as a vendor if VZW thumbs its nose at the FCC....meaning if...and of course thats IF....the FCC decides to push VZW to change ETF/Billing practices....

So what's your question?
    01-04-10 09:25 AM
    Oh here I found this too......

Per Lowell McAdams at the Arkansas meeting:
    The ETF was “A positive step in reducing our churn rate.”
    "Government regulations does not hit our pockets hard at all and our customers should pay a premium for VzW services. In fact we should raise our prices. The problem isn’t profitability… We could slash our prices by 50% across the board and still make a substantial profit."

I especially like this comment from BGR

Danny says:
    December 25, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I used to work for VZW too. The whole culture is surrounded by corporate trainers who train and brainwash new recruits into thinking they are God and can do no wrong.

That is why you have so many Verizon employees who come to sites like this and attempt to do PR damage control. They know they’re wrong so they will try to spin any bad negative press into being the customers fault.

When Verizon announces a new customer unfriendly policy like a $350 ETF even for regular feature phones, they make sure and brainwash their employees first so they can defend the new policy to those who question it.

It’s just the Verizon way. It takes a while, but they usually either grow out of it (like me) or get fired and instantly develop a hate for Big Red. Turn over is so high at Verizon that the latter is usually the case!

I Just thought that was dead on accurate......
    01-04-10 10:04 AM
    So what's your question?
    hmmmm.....thought it was pretty self explanatory
    01-04-10 10:08 AM
    IMO, the OP's post was a decent one, if someone doesn't like it, it's not required that you reply. Stop slamming one another and wishing people gone--it does nothing to help the forums.
    01-04-10 10:33 AM
    Vet:

you would......you dont bother to see that 95% of our posts were trying to help folks.....then we run into you SHILLS......and we cant resist a good fight

but ponder this.....and mods should to.....theres a palpable change in the forums....and if people just think these forums are gonna be only advertisements.....or are gonna BAN anyone that disagree's ....well .....youll see these forums get even less usefull.....VZW forums have been GUTTED by the so called "mod's"......and they allow VZW shills to pound on the OP's and those who offer an opposing opinion.....for what?......

sad....even in the last 60 days these forums have changed for the worse...
    01-04-10 10:35 AM
    IMO, the OP's post was a decent one, if someone doesn't like it, it's not required that you reply. Stop slamming one another and wishing people gone--it does nothing to help the forums.
    Thanks.....It was just a question .....thought Ide see what kinda discussion wede get on it.....gotta be other folks here who may intend on starting up a small business or are policy makers.....curious how they felt

I even pointed out that all my contacts admitted they loved the coverage....
    01-04-10 10:37 AM
    Thanks.....It was just a question .....thought Ide see what kinda discussion wede get on it.....gotta be other folks here who may intend on starting up a small business or are policy makers.....curious how they felt

I even pointed out that all my contacts admitted they loved the coverage....
    I thought your OP was a nice conversation starter too.
    I'm starting a small business myself, and Big Red will not getting my business. Their prices are redonkulous!
    01-04-10 10:55 AM
    Im happy to spread the news to my USGOV counterparts.....I explain all the goings on and what not....then I direct em to this website to see just how arrogant SOME vzw reps can be and the prevailing attitude....

and while i think they understand that it doesnt represent ALL reps...when coupled with the VZW corporate position......encouraging them to choose another carrier is an easyyyyyy sell.....

also lucky for me....wireless is a service each agency/command 5-50000 devices can choose independantly since the service much meet the mission.....there not bound by bid

for the small business owner.....in this economy...I can see how if a new company....or business switching carriers could have serious concerns about the ETF......False Data Charges/Metered Billing.....
    01-04-10 11:28 AM
    I thought your OP was a nice conversation starter too.
    I'm starting a small business myself, and Big Red will not getting my business. Their prices are redonkulous!
    Good luck with your business.

You must not have done much research on prices. AT&T and Verizon are nearly neck in neck with their price plans. And I'm sure as a budding business owner, you would agree, you get what you pay for.
    01-04-10 11:37 AM
    Larry, let me impose a question to you, are you posting anything like this in any of the other forums on this website? I don't care what your views have been on other forums as I don't look into many forums honestly, but on this one in particular?
    01-04-10 11:38 AM
    And then you post something, as an obviously proud user and fan of AT&T, for no other reason than to slight VZW. Your buddy was/is good at that. In my mind, all the help to anyone in the world is clouded by childish attempts to discredit a business by posting ridiculousness like you did. Anyone who puts any merit behind anything that appears on BGR is as useless as their information and people who post on it.
    I dont have to discredit them....VZW does a darn good job of doing that to itself with its own policies and arrogant positions...of course with a little help from SOME of it's own reps here

where else would I discuss my concerns about the business? a forum right.....and a VZW forum at that.....like i said....you and your mods can pounce me all you like......the animosity is building.....I dont have to say a darned thing.....youve got a STICKY complaining about VZW policy.....your threads are dominated with upset VZW subs.......ETF/DATA FEE

dont blame the messenger.....

PS.....do you know how many VZ reps post on there?.......ahahaha their all useless?......crackbery kevin m. posts on there....useless too?
    01-04-10 11:39 AM
    Larry, let me impose a question to you, are you posting anything like this in any of the other forums on this website? I don't care what your views have been on other forums as I don't look into many forums honestly, but on this one in particular?
    edit: I misunderstood the question.....no ....and Ill tell you why......only ATT/VZW/Sprint can supply USGOV service......and VZW is the only one with the ETF issue...and many of my colleagues are reporting that VZW has come off arrogant in their dealings in the past......also no one around me has reported concerns regarding coverage/price/service/device with ATT/SPRINT
    01-04-10 11:42 AM
    Good luck with your business.

You must not have done much research on prices. AT&T and Verizon are nearly neck in neck with their price plans. And I'm sure as a budding business owner, you would agree, you get what you pay for.
    right off the bat......priceless........."you must of not done much research".......nice inflammatory statement there.....

trying to provoke a fight much vet?

he probably doesnt wanna have to worry that in the event of an unfortunate or early demise of his business that he would be saddled with high ETF's

heres a question....why not create a rants/flames section in each carriers forum? mods? at least give us a place to vent and discuss our concerns without interrupting business as usual.....AND instead of gutting the forums of any good debate
    01-04-10 11:44 AM
    Well I'm asking because your a person that seems deep in your convicitions, and at this point in time (the past 2 months or so) you have been stating that ATT is the best service around.. Looking at your post history I see that in November 09 your convictions stated TMO was the best.

Your posts back then were helpful to most users and now simply hatred about VZW. I don't pretend to be more intelligent then any other person on the forum, I am however observant. I have noticed that before Nov your focus was on other forums, and being helpful. After Nov you became irate towards VZW, which is amusing because you had TMO (which prior to Nov was the best) and after you have ATT. No connection with VZW at least in the recent months.

So my question to you, why make this "a pissing contest," as you have stated a couple of times? Why not let it be? If you feel VZW is making mistakes then let it be. You talk about not posting if you don't like the comment, well if you don't like the action why post at all?

And no Larry don't think of this as a flame post, or an inflammatory statement at all, more inquisitive. I'm simply trying to figure out why an educated person like your self if spinning his wheels on a forum?

You stated on this in your previous posts about TMO not coming to your house on Turkey day for your dinner, funny thing is, you (like myself) are only one individual who honestly isn't going to make a huge difference in the eyes of any major corp... just my opinions and questions.
    01-04-10 11:52 AM
    I dont have to discredit them....VZW does a darn good job of doing that to itself with its own policies and arrogant positions...of course with a little help from SOME of it's own reps here

where else would I discuss my concerns about the business? a forum right.....and a VZW forum at that.....like i said....you and your mods can pounce me all you like......the animosity is building.....I dont have to say a darned thing.....youve got a STICKY complaining about VZW policy.....your threads are dominated with upset VZW subs.......ETF/DATA FEE

dont blame the messenger.....

PS.....do you know how many VZ reps post on there?.......ahahaha their all useless?......crackbery kevin posts on there....useless too?
    The fact that you've been banned in the past speaks volumes, Forrest Gump.
    01-04-10 11:52 AM
    Well out in my neck of the woods the US Gov don't have much of a choice. The only real option are VZW and Alltel. Here in a 4 state area, MT, WY, ND and SD there isn't any ATT service. Verizon has this area blanketed in 3G for 3 years already. When ATT finishes their divested Alltel buyout there will be another option but that will be a while yet. There are some very rural places out here that the only way to get dsl speeds is to buy a VZW or Alltel aircard. Looking at ATT past record I don't see them putting 3G out in some of the backwoods places but I hope I'm surprised.
    01-04-10 11:58 AM
    Well I'm asking because your a person that seems deep in your convicitions, and at this point in time (the past 2 months or so) you have been stating that ATT is the best service around.. Looking at your post history I see that in November 09 your convictions stated TMO was the best.
    I still think TMO is a close #2.....love the CS....Im def. a GSM guy....and dont think ATT is best....I think its best for me and I recommend trying it....I also have bombasted ATT for its anti-net neutral position/metered billing/arrogant execs/anti competitive iPhone restrictions

Your posts back then were helpful to most users and now simply hatred about VZW. I don't pretend to be more intelligent then any other person on the forum, I am however observant. I have noticed that before Nov your focus was on other forums, and being helpful. After Nov you became irate towards VZW, which is amusing because you had TMO (which prior to Nov was the best) and after you have ATT. No connection with VZW at least in the recent months.

ahh not hatred....just disgust.....I had VZW for years up until like April 09...when all of the sudden VZW's attitude seemed to change.....I dumped my 5 lines booked it to TMO....still love tmo...ATT just has better coverage in Hampton Roads,Virginia........

So my question to you, why make this "a pissing contest," as you have stated a couple of times? Why not let it be? If you feel VZW is making mistakes then let it be. You talk about not posting if you don't like the comment, well if you don't like the action why post at all?

Cuz I love a good argument....and Ive yet to find anyone as arrogant as some of these VZW reps....and personally Im tired of seeing fellow smartphone users get blamed and abused by rude CB'ers (MOSTLY VZW REPS) in this forum

And no Larry don't think of this as a flame post, or an inflammatory statement at all, more inquisitive. I'm simply trying to figure out why an educated person like your self if spinning his wheels on a forum?

I love a good debate....thats all....and some people...ahem...want a fair platform but then dont wanna play fairly....I dont like it...I dont like that people come in here and have legitimate questions and concerns and you guys let em get slammed by Shill VZW reps who immediatly turn the problem on the OP's.....havent you noticed VZW is never at fault in here?

You stated on this in your previous posts about TMO not coming to your house on Turkey day for your dinner, funny thing is, you (like myself) are only one individual who honestly isn't going to make a huge difference in the eyes of any major corp... just my opinions and questions.
    Your absolutly right.....but if no one tries then no one else will.....its gotta start somewhere......and VZW does watch this forum....trust me....
    01-04-10 12:12 PM
    Well out in my neck of the woods the US Gov don't have much of a choice. The only real option are VZW and Alltel. Here in a 4 state area, MT, WY, ND and SD there isn't any ATT service. Verizon has this area blanketed in 3G for 3 years already. When ATT finishes their divested Alltel buyout there will be another option but that will be a while yet. There are some very rural places out here that the only way to get dsl speeds is to buy a VZW or Alltel aircard. Looking at ATT past record I don't see them putting 3G out in some of the backwoods places but I hope I'm surprised.
    Is the service pretty good ?

The fact that you've been banned in the past speaks volumes, Forrest Gump.
    you didnt answer my question....and if it makes you feel better im sure to get banned again....probably even permanently....so smile

PS. stay on topic vet this thread is about the FCC laying the smack down on Big Red for their questionable business practices.

If you want to know a secret, I’ll tell you. Cellular operators (Verizon and their predecessors) were forced to build out their spectrum even in rural areas. It wasn’t done as a charity.

Coverage in your area is the side effect of regulations put on the carriers to build out their airwaves otherwise they’d lose them.

If Verizon were to build a network today, I guarantee you they would only build out in populated areas. Their landline division is trying to get rid of all the rural unprofitable services as we speak.
    01-04-10 12:21 PM

I especially like this comment from BGR

Danny says:
    December 25, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I used to work for VZW too. The whole culture is surrounded by corporate trainers who train and brainwash new recruits into thinking they are God and can do no wrong.

That is why you have so many Verizon employees who come to sites like this and attempt to do PR damage control. They know they’re wrong so they will try to spin any bad negative press into being the customers fault.

When Verizon announces a new customer unfriendly policy like a $350 ETF even for regular feature phones, they make sure and brainwash their employees first so they can defend the new policy to those who question it.

It’s just the Verizon way. It takes a while, but they usually either grow out of it (like me) or get fired and instantly develop a hate for Big Red. Turn over is so high at Verizon that the latter is usually the case!

I Just thought that was dead on accurate......

Reminds me of that Supermario kid.
    Last edited by cenloe; 01-04-10 at 12:35 PM.
    01-04-10 12:33 PM
    right off the bat......priceless........."you must of not done much research".......nice inflammatory statement there.....

trying to provoke a fight much vet?
    I'm not trying to provoke any kind of fight there. If you are going to make a claim, and someone knows otherwise, it's only fair that it gets pointed out. You don't like the arrogance of some reps, I don't like when other forum users arrogantly state falsehoods.

Even your good buddy who is MIA pointed out a number of times that when you break it down, the cost of price plans between carriers often boils down to pennies.

One reason people who claim to be VZW reps get defensive so quick is because so much of the disgust and hatred of VZW is unfounded. Just like the good Dr.........his comment was that VZW's prices are "redonkulous". Reps hear this all the time..............all they really want to know is, compared to what? Or some of my favorite posts, such as "I'm on my tenth Storm and VZW won't help me, they suck!". Not an exaggeration at all. Hard to believe, when I'm still on my first.

I think VZW reps of any kind do a great job. I think VZW is the best service out there. The facts show it. The complainers and naysayers towards VZW are most commonly someone who didn't get their way in a situation that is clearly their fault or misunderstanding.
    01-04-10 12:34 PM
    I'm not trying to provoke any kind of fight there. If you are going to make a claim, and someone knows otherwise, it's only fair that it gets pointed out. You don't like the arrogance of some reps, I don't like when other forum users arrogantly state falsehoods.

But Vet...where am I lying....you know what I say is true...its not like im up here saying VZW sucks...Im saying I dont like a handful of their policies?

Even your good buddy who is MIA pointed out a number of times that when you break it down, the cost of price plans between carriers often boils down to pennies.

Oh I def agree with you there.....honestly I think VZW has ALOT of potential...i just wish they would put their weight to GOOD use

One reason people who claim to be VZW reps get defensive so quick is because so much of the disgust and hatred of VZW is unfounded. Just like the good Dr.........his comment was that VZW's prices are "redonkulous". Reps hear this all the time..............all they really want to know is, compared to what? Or some of my favorite posts, such as "I'm on my tenth Storm and VZW won't help me, they suck!". Not an exaggeration at all. Hard to believe, when I'm still on my first.

I agree that those 10th storm people are far out there....but come on...look at my post count man.....I got better things to do.....but Im not gonna back down if i think Im right....Ive never made price point arguemtns or said VZW devices stink either.....and compared to what?!.....you and me both know VZW is bit pricy and so is ATT.....but I also agree you get what you pay for.....think of folks coming from TMO or their Parents Plan or even Pre Pay ...they probably DO think its expensive.....istead of bashing em....show em how they are getting their moneys worth....and THEN if they dont wanna listen ....then its on them......but right now with new customer 350 ETF's.....and bogus data charges.....VZW is the highest in the market.....

you and me both know its ALWAYS the consumer,govt,policy or vendors fault....its never VZW....if some of these reps would just address the issue head on and honestly youde get more people like me defending you...but hey maybe you dont want that

I think VZW reps of any kind do a great job. I think VZW is the best service out there. The facts show it. The complainers and naysayers towards VZW are most commonly someone who didn't get their way in a situation that is clearly their fault or misunderstanding.
    I used to be a VZW sub and i have issues with how I was treated...I can tell you NOT EVERY VZW rep is good.....I paid every bill in full on time 5 lines "VIP" 2 of which were BB....(EXCEPT 12.00 OF MY LAST 1000.00 + BILL)....I was still treated like pooh on my way out......and I dont think most OP's are troublemakers....some few are....but you can almost always tell who THEY are....low post count.....had 10 of the same devices malfunction (THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN OF COURSE)....late payment disconnect....

It costs these reps...this forum and this site credibility when all people do is bash the OP......like I said.....at least give folks a flame sub-forum in each carriers forum and let people hash it out there...then restrict those types of issues to that....it would clear up the forums and cut alot of the mod's work?
    01-04-10 12:52 PM
    Is the service pretty good ?

you didnt answer my question....and if it makes you feel better im sure to get banned again....probably even permanently....so smile

PS. stay on topic vet this thread is about the FCC laying the smack down on Big Red for their questionable business practices.
    So back on topic we go. Would it be a huge loss for VZW? Of course it would, that's a no brainer. As someone mentioned above, VZW has the best coverage in some crucial government operation states. So that's something for those in control of the accounts to think about.

As far as the so called rudeness and arrogance.......tell me where you don't get treated rude anymore? It's a rude, arrogant, entitled, me society we live in today. It's not something solely with VZW. There are good employees and bad in any company.
    01-04-10 01:01 PM
    So back on topic we go. Would it be a huge loss for VZW? Of course it would, that's a no brainer. As someone mentioned above, VZW has the best coverage in some crucial government operation states. So that's something for those in control of the accounts to think about.

As far as the so called rudeness and arrogance.......tell me where you don't get treated rude anymore? It's a rude, arrogant, entitled, me society we live in today. It's not something solely with VZW. There are good employees and bad in any company.

I cant disagree CS HAS gone out the door......Im still not sold that VZW service is more reliable....I still think the whole ATT NY/SF thing is a vocal minority.......my 3G now in Hampton Roads-Norfolk Area is far faster than it was with my 9500/8330 when with VZW

any ideas on how to fix the CS thing....besides fixing rude customers that want everything yesterday and for free?
    01-04-10 01:13 PM
    heres another question......why cant we have free ad supported wireless.....

Its the same idea as broadcast television.......just twist it to ad supported Wimax....throttle it so everyone is fixed at say 2-3mbps.....

premium users who want more bandwith pay for the difference between free BW and Desired BW ....incrementally.....and the subs are responsible for providing their own equipment.......

somebody tell me how todays wireless is ANY different than the BIG BELL before the breakup that lowered cost and opened the market to competition......I remember my mom had to buy telephones from Bell.....no one else.....you could lease or buy the phone........but it had to come from BELL
    01-04-10 01:16 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD