Hello everybody!

I have read the similar thread here to this what I am asking but I still haven't gotten the satisfactory reply.

Why do some mobile applications work on blackberry over every protocol, some work on "regular" (non BIS/BES) gprs, and some work on Wifi/regular gprs?

Is it related to the device, RIM software, carriers, Marsians or...? :-)

I have a BOLD 9000, OS is 4.6.0.234. I have

GMAIL app - version 2.0.6.1269 - works over regular gprs, NON BB dataplan, doesn't work over WiFi
    FACEBOOK app - version latest (downloaded today) - doesn't work over anything (nor wifi nor gprs)
    Google maps - version 3.0.2 - works over regular gprs, doesn't work over WiFi
    Gtalk - latest version, doesn't work over anything that is not BB

Why is this the case and how can I use Gtalk and Facebook? I have tried BeeJive (or whatever it's called) but to no sucess

Cheers all and all the best in 2010!
    Alex
    01-04-10 07:13 AM
    I have the same problem,but i have an unlocked bold in hungary without bis,or bes... Any idea?
    01-04-10 08:27 AM
    You're rite based on the list you have just describe. I use Nimbuzz for messenger & social network like FB and tweet on Openbeak & browse on Bolt or BB build in browser.

Hello everybody!

I have read the similar thread here to this what I am asking but I still haven't gotten the satisfactory reply.

Why do some mobile applications work on blackberry over every protocol, some work on "regular" (non BIS/BES) gprs, and some work on Wifi/regular gprs?

Is it related to the device, RIM software, carriers, Marsians or...? :-)

I have a BOLD 9000, OS is 4.6.0.234. I have

GMAIL app - version 2.0.6.1269 - works over regular gprs, NON BB dataplan, doesn't work over WiFi
    FACEBOOK app - version latest (downloaded today) - doesn't work over anything (nor wifi nor gprs)
    Google maps - version 3.0.2 - works over regular gprs, doesn't work over WiFi
    Gtalk - latest version, doesn't work over anything that is not BB

Why is this the case and how can I use Gtalk and Facebook? I have tried BeeJive (or whatever it's called) but to no sucess

Cheers all and all the best in 2010!
    Alex
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD