Still in the early stages, but would love any feedback.

01-04-10 12:42 AM
    "wow"

i dig the simplicity and style. if you make it with a hidden today, and the battery/signal meters functional links to profiles/connections, you have a real knockout!
    01-04-10 12:44 AM
    Thanks...I thought about hidden today, but I'm not really sure where I'd put it.
    01-04-10 12:46 AM
    hidden dock?
    01-04-10 12:50 AM
    hidden dock?
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Hiding the dock still wouldn't allow room for the today portion, would it?
    01-04-10 12:58 AM
    I am really diggin this theme. I like themes that provide a lot of icons that are smaller scale so I can see a good portion of my wallpaper. I would DL this in a second if it was available......hint hint
    Very nice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 05:25 AM
    This is cool looking! Nice batt meter. Small icons are always a crowd pleaser can't wait to see the final product!!

01-04-10 06:13 AM
    Quicklaunch shortcut?
    Is everything else stock? (PS I hope so!)
    User customized font sizes?

May I make a suggestion?
    Flip the signal strength and battery at the bottom and add the profile icon at the bottom left and maybe a user customized icon spot on the right. Therefore it would look like "Profile icon - Signal meter - Battery meter - User defined icon (Meterberry for me)." Just a thought to bounce around.

Looks great cant wait to see the final copy!
    Last edited by tturner23; 01-04-10 at 02:43 PM.
    01-04-10 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was actually already in the process of adding one of the things you mentioned, but not exactly.

Here's the newest screenshot. Things that have changed since last time:

- Someone mentioned it was hard to tell when apps were highlighted. They now slightly raise and enlarge.
    - Added a customizable icon in the bottom middle. Intended mostly for profiles.
    - Reset all the fonts/colors to default. I appreciate the ability to customize the highlight color, font, etc., but it usually just ends up making it difficult to read something along the way.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Keep them coming!

01-04-10 04:15 PM
    I'd love to test this theme if you are looking for testers!
    01-04-10 04:30 PM
    Check your PM's manningfan, I would be interested in having a few good testers.
    01-04-10 04:50 PM
    That looks really clean. I like what you did with the home screen. I would test that out for you if you need another one.
    01-04-10 05:28 PM
    That looks really clean. I like what you did with the home screen. I would test that out for you if you need another one.
    Check your PM's. If these two guys accept, I will probably only need one other. Thanks for the offer for help everyone.
    01-04-10 06:06 PM
    It looks great! Love the added profile (user defined) icon down there and the slightly enlarged focus!

Two more suggestions? Possibly make the font size for the time a little larger (the white box is large and the time looks small tucked away in there) and maybe make the background for behind the menus and the standby text semi transparent (like in 4.7 OS builds). I think it would look good with the semi transparent banner and border around the time and weather.

And I CANNOT stress the importance of the quicklaunch shortcut enough!!!

I'd love to beta test but I'll admit I'm not the best at getting feedback back so I'll wait for the official release and let someone real bug catching skills test for you. Can't wait!!!

Last edited by tturner23; 01-04-10 at 09:03 PM.
    01-04-10 08:51 PM
    It looks great! Love the added profile (user defined) icon down there and the slightly enlarged focus!

Two more suggestions? Possibly make the font size for the time a little larger (the white box is large and the time looks small tucked away in there) and maybe make the background for behind the menus and the standby text semi transparent (like in 4.7 OS builds). I think it would look good with the semi transparent banner and border around the time and weather.

And I CANNOT stress the importance of the quicklaunch shortcut enough!!!

I'd love to beta test but I'll admit I'm not the best at getting feedback back so I'll wait for the official release and let someone real bug catching skills test for you. Can't wait!!!

Thanks for all the great feedback!

- For some reason, BB has the font fize capped at 50. I would love to make it larger, but I have plans for the extra space.
    -Quicklaunch and SMS shortcuts were accidentally left off. They will be there in the final version.
    01-04-10 09:46 PM
    Few updates tonight:

- I got away from the customized battery/signal indicators. I wanted to have a personal touch, but they took up too much room and didn't flow well.
    - I now have that space displaying the Application Name. Not sure if it will stay this way or not.
    - Removed the bottom profiles button (sorry tturner!). Three rows of selectable icons was just too much, and many times I would find myself caught trying to get to the "middle" row so I could get to my regular icons.

Thanks again for all of the input! I honestly do take it to heart and am working hard on this!

01-05-10 01:00 AM
    I actually like it more this way.

If you're up for more suggestions:
    Shrink the profile icon and add it back into the banner, then make the battery and signal strength clickable to meterberry (or something from the stock OS like options/settings) and manage connections respectively. Also does the time in the clock act as a button that links to the clock app? By doing those things you could get the clock, profile, and options apps out of the dock.

I know you said you have plans for the empty clock space but here's another option: put the date in there and pull the weather icon more into the shaded transparent box (maybe making room for a 3 day hidden today section?) I'm a sucker for hidden today themes. Would it be crazy to try to squeeze a 2 day hidden today into the bottom area where the names are, when you scroll over the calendar icon?

Keep up the great work!

01-05-10 06:57 AM
    I actually like the second design with the profiles at the bottom bt the signal and battery meter. It was innovative!

The whole theme overall is extremely nice!! I would love if it worked on the 9700.

I actually like it more this way.

If you're up for more suggestions:
    Shrink the profile icon and add it back into the banner, then make the battery and signal strength clickable to meterberry (or something from the stock OS like options/settings) and manage connections respectively. Also does the time in the clock act as a button that links to the clock app? By doing those things you could get the clock, profile, and options apps out of the dock.
    ^that's also an excellent suggestion, be more functional with simplicity.
    01-05-10 07:09 AM
    I tried setting it up with the moved date and hidden today, this is what I came up with. Let me know what you think.

01-05-10 09:07 AM
    I like the hidden today (because I love hidden today themes) but I can see others disliking it. As for the clock, I don't know if I like it bold. It makes the time bigger, sure, but it doesn't mesh with the homescreen (in my opinion). Maybe unbold, move the time up a few pixels and the date up a few pixels, pretty much center the time and date in that white box. That's my two cents.

I, too, am curious what other people think about this set-up!
    01-05-10 09:48 AM
    It's nice.

Maybe you could make the white box a bit smaller and center the time and date together, then there'll be a bit more space to allow the weather icon to move up in the darker background.

Is the profiles icon somewhere that i missed?
    01-05-10 11:45 AM
    Great looking theme. Does it have transitions? I think that should be a must for every theme. Also, the box that the clock is in, could it possibly be smaller? Not to big of a fan of those battery/signal icons either but if you dont change it ill live. Thats my 2 cents.Keep up the good work
    01-26-10 03:28 AM
    I too like the hidden today features in themes, but it looks like you don't have enough real estate on the screen to make it effective. For some themes its beneficial to have the hidden today and for others, it takes away from the theme design.

If you want the hidden today feature, then I would suggest moving the graphics (the time and the transparent bar beneath it) up a bit to the top, so that more entries are available for the hidden today features.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to downloading this one.
    01-26-10 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD