How's it going everyone?

I'm wondering if there are any glitches/problems with the new Bold since it's, well, NEW! (rule of thumb about new products always having some issue )

I'm planning on getting a new phone this week, and I'm really eyeing the Bold 9700. Friend of mine has it, and he said the only issue he had with it so far was that the trackpad and left convenience key would sometimes act up and not work properly, and that his phone would show that he has texts/BBMs when he DOESNT.

other than that.... any software/glitch issues? Would appreciate advice and knowledge about how great this device potentially is. Thanks!
    01-03-10 10:54 PM
    mine is perfect so I guess it depends on which one you get
    01-03-10 10:56 PM
    A lot of the issues I had seem to be software related. Sometimes the "a" key will stick when I'm typing. Other weird things that have happened include once when I was on the home screen, the trackpad would go up to the sound profiles icon and select Normal on it's own, or I'll put the phone on standby only to have it wake itself up 5 seconds later.

Nothing that a battery pull can't fix though, and they seem to be only a one time thing (as far as I know). Other than that, the phone is perfect
    01-03-10 11:22 PM
    I haven't had not one problem out of mine since I've had it and I got it around Christmas. No issues what so ever. It is as they said above "PERFECT!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 11:56 PM
    I have not had any real glitch problems I notice, just when I go to my pictures they load when i go up on the trackpad then they appear. Other then that I do not see any glitches that everyone seems to have
    01-04-10 08:20 AM
    I just had a first random freeze/reboot yesterday.. about a week after I bought it.

Happened again this morning.

Not sure what is going on but hopefully its nothing... the phone has been great so far.
    01-04-10 02:03 PM
    This is my second first one just died and would not reboot overnight. Both units have a audible click sound at the beginning of recorded videos. Another user says this is in every unit.

Other than that my second one is perfect so far.
    01-04-10 02:45 PM
    my issue with the bold is the browser, mainly. i've since downloaded opera to get myself used to that instead of the native browser. though hte native one is more user-friendly than opera, it gives me nothing but issues (pages not loading up fully, mainly).

another issue i had was when i got my bold. i switched from the old-school curve and used the blackberry software included wiht my new bold to install to my computer to switch all of my info instead of doing so manually. i dont know wher ethe issue came from (from the bold or from the curve) when i connected the bold to teh computer to get all of the info, but doing so made me stop getting calls. as in NO calls would come through on my phone. they'd all go straight to missed calls.

so far i miss my curve, a lot, b/c the bold, to me, is just "ok"
    01-04-10 02:50 PM
    Perfect....so far
    01-04-10 08:35 PM
    Yes mine too having this trouble of the Bold freezing. I have had to reboot this at least once in 2-3 days. I had the google maps turned on and the music on too and the 9700 froze, i rebooted it and then again the same thing...not sure if i have the melon or its just the same with all. It had frozen on me a couple of times also when i havent been doing anything...

I got my previous unit changed. The new doesent freeze with the google maps and the music turned on, but it forze up on me once while i was talking on the phone, and the 5 min long reboot......dont get me wrong, i LOVE the blackberry, but am getting more inclined to believe 9700 has more troubles. Am planning to downgrade back to 8900 curve, which is definitely a great phone. 8900 reboots in less than 2 mins while Bold 9700 takes 5 mins to reboot. There's another glitch i am seeing in Bold 9700, to disconnect a call you need to click the red button twice. Need to check this with Blackberry and T-Mobile.
    01-12-10 03:44 PM
    mine is great apart from the reboot issue others have mentioned, im hoping that future os updates may solve this.
    01-12-10 04:28 PM
    Well....I have a convenience key that rattles. I have 6 more days left on the 30 day AT&T in store warranty. I'm gonna replace it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 04:47 PM
    Mine is perfect! I love mine and I'm coming from the original Bold
    01-12-10 09:35 PM
    quality wise mine has been pretty rock solid. Just a couple of software issues though, hopefully they get fix asap.
    01-13-10 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD