Hello,

I am currently a BB 8330 BIS user and thinking about getting the Droid. I am tired of 2-3 battery pulls per day and the new Storm 2 and newer BB's just seem to have too many issues and quality problems. I own a small business and need to be able to receive/send email and rely on BIS and Outlook. I can wait a few min, but before I switch how does the Droid get email if I have a gmail account, Yahoo pop account, my company pop account? I am currently reliant on Outlook for calendar, contacts, email and notes. I downloaded the Google Calendar Sync and moved my contacts over to be my gmail account. Do I have to redownload my contacts everytime I add another one or is their any way to keep the contacts sync'd like with the Calendar? Is their any way to sync Outlook notes or is their a 3rd party program I can use? Will ipod classic videos work on the Droid?

I need to make sure that I get the emails consistently and reliably, but I can wait a few min for most of the emails. Any guideance would be greatly appreciated.
    01-03-10 09:15 PM
    well i used to think the same when i had the 8330 and i was seriously thinking of switching to android but then i got the 8530 with the 5.0 os and it really is a LOT better and i love the newer devices.
    01-03-10 09:45 PM
    Honestly... I've just switched over from a BB 9530 to the DROID and I can't be any happier. I absolutely LOVE the DROID and have not looked back since making the switch. Gmail is pretty solid but I've had an yahoo mail accnt for years and there is a write up here on CB about how to get your yahoo mail accent working, if you can't find it or don't know how to find it I can help you out if you like, you can email me for some advice
    [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 01:29 AM
    Not to familiar with exchange stuff so sorry I can't help you there, but gmail is pushed to the Droids instantly. So Gmail works very nice.

As for your yahoo account it will refresh and check for e-mails at intervals, I have mine set to every 5 minute intervals to check for new emails. If you want them instantly then your best bet would be to forward all incoming emails in your yahoo accounts to your gmail.

I don't really use any gmail features, then just my gmail for my phone, but the syncing on this device(Droid) is very very nice and organized. I really like it.
    01-04-10 01:58 AM
    Gmail is flawless, and I have no complaints with my Outlook exchange. It even syncs my Outlook calendar to my Google calendar so I can view work appointments along with personal ones. I also took some time to send all my BB 9530 contacts to my Google account, retooled them, and then resynced back down to my Droid.

I could not possibly be happier with Big Red and the Droid.

Marvelous device.

01-04-10 02:49 AM
    Yahoo and Hotmail email on the Droid is a total fail. However, Gmail and exchange is faster than BlackBerry BIS, much much faster.
    01-04-10 08:37 AM
    Live and Hotmail work great for me....

Not to mention Gmail push with not one spam email yet....
    01-04-10 08:55 AM
    I would talk to your tech guys and make sure your work MS Exchange server supports active-sync. If it does you should be all good from what I have seen.

You have 30 days with VZW. If the droid does not work out switch for the 8530.

You can't go wrong with one or the other.
    01-04-10 11:41 AM
    TMG:

I too made a similar move from a Blackberry to the Droid and so far so good. I was using a Blackberry Curve 8330 for a while, switched to a Storm then most recently a Tour 9630. After working out some issues between the Blackberrys and my Macs, things were OK but I now am running the Droid.

While I can not comment about the MS Exchange transition, from Mac to Google/Gmail is fairly simple & painless without issues.
    01-05-10 02:01 AM
    Hello,

I am currently a BB 8330 BIS user and thinking about getting the Droid. I am tired of 2-3 battery pulls per day and the new Storm 2 and newer BB's just seem to have too many issues and quality problems. I own a small business and need to be able to receive/send email and rely on BIS and Outlook. I can wait a few min, but before I switch how does the Droid get email if I have a gmail account, Yahoo pop account, my company pop account? I am currently reliant on Outlook for calendar, contacts, email and notes. I downloaded the Google Calendar Sync and moved my contacts over to be my gmail account. Do I have to redownload my contacts everytime I add another one or is their any way to keep the contacts sync'd like with the Calendar? Is their any way to sync Outlook notes or is their a 3rd party program I can use? Will ipod classic videos work on the Droid?

I need to make sure that I get the emails consistently and reliably, but I can wait a few min for most of the emails. Any guideance would be greatly appreciated.
    -Basically if its an email to your gmail account it will push it automatically but other email accounts will be refreshed every 5min (thats the lowest setting).

-If your contacts are updated on your gmail account or phone they will automatically sync to each other and same goes with the calendar.

-There might be a third party to get those notes not sure though.

-I would think those videos would work. All my movies I converted for my Storm1 work although its better to have them converted to the right size so you can use that beautiful screen.
    01-05-10 10:45 AM
    I was a longtime bb pearl user, then gave the tour a run and really liked it...until I tried the DROID. Hands down it is the best device i' ve ever used! My IT guy is a Storm user, and he is very impressed with how the DROID is put together too. With my bb, as well as another staff member's iPhone, we always had to get RIM or ATT on the phone to get the devices to work on our Exchange server. The DROID connected flawlessly the first time. I've had no trouble getting my email, and in fact, get my work email on average 5 minutes faster on my DROID than on my desktop.

01-07-10 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD