alright guys..yall want a real challange?

i have a flashed bb storm with cricket...and i like all the other updated (im not sure which version i updated to) but it made my browser icon disappear just like everyone elses...

but unlike most of the people, when i tried to register the host routing tables, it says "registration message sent!" but it still stays blank...even with battery pulls...

at this point my browser icon is still missing.

im almost positive that all this is because im usin cricket..eventhough i am paying for the data package.

i was snooping around i i found some information that you people might get something out of and be able to help me with a hopefully easy and quick fix..

under service status:

Mobile Voice
    connection: mobile network
    Blackberry internet service
    Connection: not connected
    Blackberry enterprise server
    Connection: not connected
    -------------------------------
    Mobile network (3 bars)
    1x
    mobile network provider
    verizon wireless (although i am using cricket...odd)

and i also did a diagnostic report...this looks like something is wrong

radio data activation : no <--- (is that why?)
    signal level: unknown
    radio access: unknown
    network: unknown
    ip address: unknown
    ICMP ping echo: abort
    ----------------------------------
    blackberry registration: abort
    connected to blackberry: abort
    blackberry PIN-PIN: abort
    ----------------------------------
    PIN: 3084120a
    MSISDN: 501 538 0967
    device type: blackberry 9530
    application version: v5.0.0.328
    platform version: 4.2.0.128
    service books: unknown
    free file space: blah blah blah

i have no clue what all that means....but the data radio being turned off caught my eye and made me wonder if that is the problem of me not being able to get on the interet...

please guys i know out of all the people on crackberry.freakin com SOMEONE can fix this....im tired of calling 1800cricket and not getting no where they said they refreshed my acount and my interent didnt work even before my icon disappeared....i cannot recieve mms either...
    01-03-10 09:11 PM
    I think your problem lies not in anything you've done or not done to the Storm itself, but rather in the fact that Cricket doesn't offer connectivity for Blackberry devices...

I think if you go to Cricket Wireless | Cell Phones, Cellular Phone Plans, Mobile Broadband, and search their FAQ you'll probably find some answers...
    01-03-10 10:22 PM
    man some other people have had the same problem but they found the right service books online and used desktop manager to put them on there and it started working...im just trying to find the right service books at this point..

so confusing..
    01-03-10 10:25 PM
    I am having the same problem. I have a bb storm flashed to cricket and everything was running fine but then my bb started freezing and glitching so i performed a memory wipe and it fix my freezing problem BUT I have no browser icon now. I tryed sending the host routing like he also did but same out come. If someone can figure this out please let me kniow. Thanks
    02-16-10 01:15 PM
    hey this is it u must wipe ur device reload os then do a factory reset
    then reprogram your device i used qpst and follow the steps on tonyc wep page
    uncanflash.com instead of cdma ws i used qpst but i use the prl files he has 6199
    and in qpst click read phone 1st, also make sure that "exclusive button in the middle is not on, that means down needs to be up now load prl file u will or should see a error box ignore it after u that ur port is un seen then close it all except DM; now load your service books u can call *228 or *611 u should get cricket crs u will be activated ps MIP ur#@vzw3g.com if have a verizon phone
    make sure have the right settings under cdma service edit screen

if need my help contact me at 5134857959 @ mycricket. com or 5133798832 @ tmo.blackberry.net
    07-26-10 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD