I was just curious if anyone has insurance on there phones? I have never got it on any of my other phones, but I am not sure what to do with this one. I am also nervous that insurance may not cover the one thing that could go wrong with it. (I have had problems with things like that in the past) I am just curios to hear your opinions on if you have it, had it, or hate it?

Thanks!
    01-03-10 07:13 PM
    Insurance with Sprint is awesome. We all pay $7/mo. Along with a $100 deductible.

You can make 3 claims in one year if you loose it or gets stolen. But the best thing is that if your phone becomes faulty for any reason, just go to any repair center, and make a claim there for another phone, free of charge. **Any reason**. Your phone has to turn on and off though.

Its money well spent. Definately read the AT&T options and regulations for claims but.....

Better safe than sorry.
    01-03-10 07:20 PM
    yeah they told me, (i have ATAT) its 5 dollars a month, and it covers everything, even things that I may have done like water damage. So it does not seem like a bad deal, I just do not know what to do.
    01-03-10 07:25 PM
    With AT&T, I believe that you have 30 days from date of purchase to obtain insurance. It is better to have it rather than having to replace the device at the no-commitment pricing.
    01-03-10 07:40 PM
    Pretty much a no brainer for me...but my phone is a lifeline for me with work and life. So for me it's like driving regularly, be safe and get the insuranc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 07:45 PM
    IMO its worth the $5/per mo (Im on AT&T). The deductible is small compared to replacing the device, especially if you dont have an upgrade.
    01-03-10 07:50 PM
    Worth every penny for such expensive devices.
    01-03-10 07:59 PM
    I go boating a lot, salt water does not mix with the phone, so I guess the insurance to TMO is worth it, even with the deductible of $130 its better than $450.
    01-03-10 08:00 PM
    You should definitely get insurance. I've lost a phone twice due to water damage, and once that water gets in that phone you have absolutely no legal recourse and all that money you spent on the phone is completely wasted.
    01-03-10 08:01 PM
    it depends on the person me personally believe its worth every penny as I dont want to spend a arm and a leg to replace my phone
    01-03-10 08:02 PM
    Dang right it's worth it. I purchase extended warranties for all electronics. I suggest you get insurance for your 9700.
    01-03-10 08:02 PM
    IMO, it's worth it. As stated, $5.00/mo for at&t. The deductible for smartphones are $50.00 or $125.00- with the higher amount for BlackBerries.
    01-03-10 08:05 PM
    I pay for insurance. I always need it when I don't have it, but now that I have it I haven't used it... yet. I pretty much feel that I'd rather be safe than sorry. Also, I don't feel like I'm wasting my money if I never use it.
    01-03-10 08:07 PM
    I'll be getting my 9700 on Tuesday and I did get insurance through TMO. I'd rather play it safe. It's better paying $130 than $450 for the 9700.

I have a question as far as insurance. When you have water damage, don't you have to send the old phone back after you get the replacement? I need to replace my nieces Sidekick LX 2009 due to water damage in a couple of weeks.
    01-03-10 08:13 PM
    On Verizon whats the difference between the 5.00 a month and the 7.00 a month.I have the 5.00 a month for my storm2 and i was wondering if i should or even be able to go up to the 7.00 a month option.
    01-03-10 08:23 PM
    I pay for insurance. I always need it when I don't have it, but now that I have it I haven't used it... yet. I pretty much feel that I'd rather be safe than sorry. Also, I don't feel like I'm wasting my money if I never use it.
    See that's just it, of course you have it and don't currently need it. But as soon as you canceled it, and then needed it, you'd be kicking yourself in the **** for not having it. Just view it as money well spent and take comfort in knowing that if anything arises, you're covered and insurance will take care of it. ))
    01-03-10 08:49 PM
    I take extended service/insurance for all my expensive electronics - like the othere folks here have already said - it's a bugger if you need it and don't have it!
    01-03-10 09:22 PM
    Insurance is only worth it if you have to use it....otherwise its not much good.

Ask yourself if you want to have the option in case the situation arises....then roll wit it
    01-03-10 09:32 PM
    I was just curious if anyone has insurance on there phones? I have never got it on any of my other phones, but I am not sure what to do with this one. I am also nervous that insurance may not cover the one thing that could go wrong with it. (I have had problems with things like that in the past) I am just curios to hear your opinions on if you have it, had it, or hate it?

Thanks!
    I get insurance on every thing that costs more then 200 bucks lol. My phone is like one of my kids I HAVE to get it insured, you never know what might happen..
    01-03-10 09:33 PM
    Short and simply put...H E L L yes! I just dropped my S2 in a bucket full of water a week and a half ago. I'd rather pay the $50 deductible than buy a new phone at full price.
    01-03-10 09:36 PM
    I have had protectcell on my phone since I got my 8310 a year and a half ago. They let you swap the insurance onto a new phone and they cover everything under the son. Only hoop they make you jump through is a police report if its lost or stolen. $50 deductible to replace a $500 phone. 70 for one year and 120 for two. Up front cost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 09:50 PM
    i have had sooooooooo many phones since i started using a cell
    and i never got insurance..until i bought my first blackberry which was a 8900 and it when i got my 9700 the first thing i asked was if my insurance would transfer
    its only 5 bucks a months covers pretty much everything
    its really a no brainer :]
    01-03-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD