Like most who got their blackberries when they first came out had some issues and I have a slight one with my trackpad, its starting to sink in, lean in towards the left, wobble and my thumb is starting to rub the outer rim of the trackpad area. I have friends that bought this phone recently and their trackpad is solid no wobble at all and the trackpad doesn't sink in.

Its nothing major enough for me to do an exchange so I'm deciding at some point to change my trackpad from true supplier or cnn.

I'm just wondering if anyone has changed it and if it is as solid as the newer model 9700 trackpads.
    01-03-10 03:28 PM
    Easier than replacing it would be fixing it with the tape method (placing a few layers of tape under the trackpad to raise it up a bit). There's a detailed post of it somewhere here. Very simple and effective fix. I did it to mine and my trackpad is very solid now. Snug but functional.

EDIT:
    Found the post. Be sure to read my last post for details. Basically you don't need to disassemble it completely as the op did.
    Last edited by NiteWalker; 01-03-10 at 03:33 PM.
    01-03-10 03:31 PM
    I personally wouldn't change my trackpad out or fix it if its broke I would get a new phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD