Ok here goes
    Whats up guys , i am a complete noob to this forum so please go easy on me
    I just got my 9550 fully unlocked phone a few weeks ago , phone is an absolute beast , i love it , i have no issues or complaints (maybe just sometimes my send key seems to stick , but its only happend once so it doesnt bother me )
    That beeing said i got some issues with playing youtube , i have tried looking for an answer on the forum here but i keep getting stuff on storm one etc ( i dont know if it works the same)
    Anyways when i try to go to the m.youtube site it opens up nicely but when i click to play a video i get "an error has occured attempting to play media "
    When i try to get the youtube app woking i get "player exception:no tunnels to open cause:java.ioexeption:no tunnels to open "
    The app version is 1.6.10 and all permisions are set to allow
    and in my browser cinfigurations i have allow javascript popups
    I am not shure what O.S i am running (obviosly the one thta came with the phone ) but when i check in my core apps folder i get 5.0.0 system software (is this the O.S. ?)
    also i am running on EDGE (no 3G here)
    I hope someone can help i cant seem to figure it out , other than that ...phone is awesome , real fast , doesnt glitch or freeze ,types well ...so far so good
    thanks guys
    01-03-10 06:50 AM
    Ok here goes
    Whats up guys , i am a complete noob to this forum so please go easy on me
    I just got my 9550 fully unlocked phone a few weeks ago , phone is an absolute beast , i love it , i have no issues or complaints (maybe just sometimes my send key seems to stick <snip>
    You could try the new leaked .428 leaked OS. It solves this and some other issues.
    01-03-10 07:48 AM
    Try changing ur tco settings to whatever ur carrier is like tmo is wap.voicestream.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 08:22 AM
    Hhhmmm......there is something I haven't tried yet
    How do I find out these settings ? Contact the carrier ?
    Thanks for the replies guys !

01-03-10 10:22 AM
    Hi everyone. I never had the youtube app on my storm 2. I always thought I did. Is there a working link to download the youtube app. I did a search but all I got were dead links or the youtube launcher, which just launches the youtube page on the browser.
    01-03-10 10:30 AM
    I have 428 and still whether I use wifi or 3h I get the same error as well. Would love to see a fix!

In the other hand vuclip.com works even if the video quality is a bit low.

01-03-10 11:58 AM
    Hhhmmmm ...I still didn't get the info I need to change the apn setting
    But just by leaving the apn blank I get a different error �so there is probably someting there right ?
    ��and the quest continues�

01-03-10 12:21 PM
    options> TCP/IP

enable apn settings

I guess for GSM the username would be blank but I'm on cdma so I'm not sure if there's a place to input the address like wap.voicestream.com mine doesn't show anything but username and password I know on other devices and os it would give you the option to put the address.
    01-03-10 12:33 PM
    hhmmm....got some settings .....it doesnt give the error now (none of that tunnel crap) but it seems to go to load and then does nothing ,.....screen goes black
    after a while waiting it says "video has been interupted"
    are there any oter apps for youtube?
    01-03-10 12:41 PM
    Hi everyone. I never had the youtube app on my storm 2. I always thought I did. Is there a working link to download the youtube app. I did a search but all I got were dead links or the youtube launcher, which just launches the youtube page on the browser.
    Try this one: http://www.p3designs.info/files/youtube.jad
    01-03-10 05:05 PM
    yeah ...i belive thats the one i am "using" "trying to make it work " but to no avail .....i tried that xanado or xenos or whatever that other one was named ...but for some reason the quality was incredibly bad , and it didnt always work
    01-03-10 05:46 PM
    Installed the app and it works but the icon doesn't show anywhere, does any one else have this problem?
    01-03-10 06:55 PM
    Look in your downloads folder. If you still can't find it, do a battery pull.
    01-03-10 07:25 PM
    Installed the app and it works but the icon doesn't show anywhere, does any one else have this problem?
    Well I just downloaded this app on my unlocked 9550 and I noticed that my browers button is gone is that supposed to happen? And when I hit the youtube button in downloads i get a box that is "getting terms of Use ............. Connecting" and thats all it's doing. Does someone know about this?
    01-07-10 01:42 PM
    OK. i just tried changing the apn address to wap.voicestream.com and now when i click on a video it loads for a few seconds and gives my PlayerException: Critical Tunnel failure cause: net.rim.device.internal.io.criticalIO exception: critical tunnel failure. Can someone help me out with this?
    01-12-10 11:50 AM
    KO Now i'm getting the same problem as Felix. with the black screen and the interupted thing. ugh........
    01-12-10 12:00 PM
    did anybody ever figure out how to get youtube to work on the storm 2? i'm on tmobile with no luck. a buddy of mine has the storm 1 on verizon and it works great. i'm running .428 os on a 9550
    01-22-10 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD