Since I am brand new to the world of blackberry, I thought I would ask all of you experienced users this question: if u could give a n00b like me 1 tip about my curve, what would it be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 12:39 AM
    Download a DM (Device Manager) and start backing up your device.
    01-03-10 01:03 AM
    Read Crackberry 101

Won't let me post links so just do a search here for crackberry 101. lots of info.
    01-03-10 01:10 AM
    be nice to your balckberry...and it will be nice to you!
    01-03-10 03:55 AM
    First two are GOOD tips.

01-03-10 03:59 AM
    Don't drop it in the toilet then ask us how to fix it.

Jack
    01-03-10 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the info. Jack, I give you my most solemn oath that if I ever drop anything into the toilet, I won't ask for any help lol

01-03-10 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the info. Jack, I give you my most solemn oath that if I ever drop anything into the toilet, I won't ask for any help lol

LOL!
    You would be surprised by the results of a search of "My BB got wet" and realize there is really only ONE way to fully immerse a BB in water. I don't mean you were using it while washing dishes, either.

My REAL tip?
    Explore your BB like you would a PC. Get to all the programs, and go rooting around. If you get lost, hit the back button. If it asks you change anything, and you're not sure, hit no. Have some fun with it! Don't get all caught up in it like it's the "Sacred Mobile of the Gods". It's a phone! Provided you don't screw it up TOO badly, we're here to help you fix it if needed.

Jack
    01-03-10 12:45 PM
    Thanks :d I used to flash dumb phones for shiggles, so I'm not a complete **** when it comes to phones. I have been through most of the menus, but I find the main issue I have is with the limit to the number of apps.I'm looking for a turn by turn navigator right now..garmin seems to have a good one. My old phone, samsung delve, had a decent nav in it, so something similar would be great.

01-03-10 04:26 PM
    Keep the advice coming. I'm a nOOb and get my curve Friday. I'm going to search for crackberry 101 now!
    01-03-10 05:02 PM
    Keep the advice coming. I'm a nOOb and get my curve Friday. I'm going to search for crackberry 101 now!
    Make sure u check out the ap store, too. So far I've dl a couple of games and an ap called quickpull...I hate having to do a battery pull, so I'm hoping this app will be a quicker way. Lol I'm such an addict right now that turning it off/on is too much

01-03-10 06:00 PM
    Alt-shift-delete will do the same thing as quickpull/a battery pull. I had quick pull for a while but I found it uneccessary after I discovered the alt-shift-delete trick. I'm really, I guess the right phrase would be obsessive/compulsive, about having uneccessary apps on my Blackberry, so I deleted it.

01-03-10 08:33 PM
    Get a good music app like Slacker or Grooveshark.
    01-03-10 08:34 PM
    The best tip-check crackberry.com often and you will discover things about your new best friend that you never knew possible!

01-04-10 08:29 AM
    I'm using pandora right now.

01-06-10 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD