ok i have the opportunity to switch to a storm 2 from the tour. just looking for any opinions or feed back about making this move. I do like the tour it is a very efficient and effective unit. have never had storm was wondering if its worth all the hype to try it out, or will i be regretting it in a short period of time. thank you Cheers!
    01-02-10 01:32 PM
    I would stop by one of your carriers stores and play with the device. Also you may want to post inthe storm 2 forums for some better opinions for the device. Good luck on your choice.

I have played with the device, now I am not a big touch screen fan but i kind of liked it
    01-02-10 01:42 PM
    Yea go check the phone out at the store and see if the touchscreen is something you can use everyday. I know I love the phone and think the screen is amazing for typing but you might just prefer the physical qwerty like many others
    01-02-10 01:44 PM
    dont make the mistake. the storm 1 sucked (i had one) and the storm 2 isnt any better at all in my opinion (had one also).

stick with the tour its a much better device
    01-02-10 01:58 PM
    I would stop by one of your carriers stores and play with the device. Also you may want to post inthe storm 2 forums for some better opinions for the device. Good luck on your choice.

I have played with the device, now I am not a big touch screen fan but i kind of liked it
    +1 for lastraid on the "stop by one of your carriers stores and play with the device". I have both the Tour and Storm 2 and love them. You should go into the store and give the Storm 2 a good run through. The Storm 2 is a great BB but you may not like the touch screen. I've gotten pretty fast typing on the Storm 2 but in my opinion the full keyboard is a lot better for long text or emails.
    01-02-10 02:00 PM
    Interesting lol, I've been using blackberry for a few years now and always had buttons. Started with 8130 then went to 8330, and now using tour. Am just curious if its worth the switch. I do know typing on my ipod "touch" can be fun at times, would the storm screen be easier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 02:04 PM
    maybe wait for the new devices coming out? the hybrid touch/qwerty???
    01-02-10 02:07 PM
    Interesting lol, I've been using blackberry for a few years now and always had buttons. Started with 8130 then went to 8330, and now using tour. Am just curious if its worth the switch. I do know typing on my ipod "touch" can be fun at times, would the storm screen be easier?

I also have an ipod touch and I think there is a night and day difference between typing on the Storm 2, ipod touch, or an iphone. I prefer the Storm.
    Last edited by cfreese66; 01-02-10 at 02:18 PM.
    01-02-10 02:12 PM
    Really Blueboy6? Never heard of those? But with my carrier who is a little slow sometimes I mat end up waiting a year! Lol

01-02-10 02:14 PM
    I think the Tour has the best keyboard. Even better than the 9700. The Storm is a failure in that department. I have a couple of friends who have the 2 and they always complain about typing.
    01-02-10 02:52 PM
    you cant go wrong w a blackberry. period.

but as mentioned above the touch screen as opposed to a keyboard is a personal preference thing.

i like the nice big screen of the storm, and its ok to type with but i type faster and better w a keyboard.

personally id stick w the tour, it really is a great smartphone.
    01-02-10 05:44 PM
    ok i have the opportunity to switch to a storm 2 from the tour. just looking for any opinions or feed back about making this move. I do like the tour it is a very efficient and effective unit. have never had storm was wondering if its worth all the hype to try it out, or will i be regretting it in a short period of time. thank you Cheers!
    i switched from the Storm2 to the Tour...the Storm2 was great for a few days, till the novelty wore off and I started to realize that if I kept using that phone it was going to end up being thrown at the wall! LOL, you answered your own question I believe...yes, the Tour is a very efficient and effective device...so stick with it is what I recommend. Typing on the Storm2 CAN work pretty good if you take your time and pay attention to each letter you press...but let's be honest, that is NOT always possible.
    01-02-10 06:39 PM
    If I wanted a touch device I would go iphone.

Blackberry just doesn't have the media, apps, and web experience to take advantage of the touch/screen aspects.

Keep the Tour.

01-02-10 06:44 PM
    As a person who has the storm 1 and loves it, I actually didnt like the storm 2. Maybe it was the store demo but I like the screen on the 1 myself. I also think that it is a preference and it is a very well rounded phone. I prefer typing with suretype, its the easiest method for me and if you like suretype it would definitely be a good device to use.
    01-02-10 06:48 PM
    As many posters said, its pretty much personal preference. For me, the tour is a god-send. Some of the men I live with hate it and are S1 and S2 users. Again, personally, I cannot type on the S1/S2 unless its in landscape. Even then its hard for me! Tour wins handsdown for keyboard. The Storms have the great screens however with so much more viewing area. Depends on what kind of BBuser you are and what you are looking for!

01-03-10 04:05 AM
    I would suggest the Tour. It is by far the best blackberry in my opinion. The 9700 is good, but I find it a tad too small for my liking. The 9000 was equally good, but too big for me. The Tour fits in just nice, and with OS 5.0, it rocks! Only drawback, no wi-fi, but I can live with it.
    01-03-10 04:13 AM
    I would like to thank you all for your input, i have choosen to stick with the tour. I have someone that works for me that has the S2, and have spent the last two lunch hours playing with her phone. It is a novelty thing, but im sure with time the touch screen would appeal less to me. I am still running 4.7, would love to run 5.0 but am still a bit timid when it comes to load unapproved OS on my phone. I guess i just dont quite have that confidence in my abilities to load it properly and would hate to brick my phone. Cheers!
    01-06-10 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD