Finally. After a long time of destroying and waiting i've assembled my gold blackberry bold. I've decided not to change the LCD lens for now. I've waited too long and while I don't mind the risk again; I'd like to enjoy my phone for a while..

Update... New pics... If this still looks like white to you.. well... You need some new eyes...

Last edited by ttsoldier; 01-08-10 at 08:55 AM.
    01-01-10 11:54 PM
    Can't really make that out from those pictures.
    01-02-10 12:07 AM
    Can't really make that out from those pictures.
    Make what out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 12:11 AM
    The color, which I am assuming is gold.
    01-02-10 12:24 AM
    Thats not gold.
    01-02-10 12:44 AM
    I'm confused, where's the gold? Looks like a white bold.
    01-02-10 07:44 AM
    How does that look like white?

Then what color is it?
    01-02-10 08:10 AM
    ...it does look white in the first pic. could u take a pic in different light perhaps?
    01-02-10 10:04 AM
    Seen it, that is why the parts suppliers have lots of color parts available. This is a big business.
    You might get suggestions for improvements and changes here

ColorWare - BlackBerry Bold

Actually, what is the color of your Bold, white?? beige?? multi-tone?? good try!

If you do a forum search, the topic of the "gold" color Bold has been a good laugh.
    Last edited by mandony; 01-02-10 at 02:06 PM.
    01-02-10 10:20 AM
    looks silver to me
    01-02-10 10:37 AM
    The title of this thread is Gold blackberry... However OP your phone is white?
    01-02-10 11:25 AM
    It's mauve!!

Seriously though, to each his/her own but you wouldn't catch me dead with a gold BlackBerry To me that's about as attractive as faux-gold trim on cars. Somehow, for me, it has the converse effect of making the car/phone look cheaper and less classy.

Like I said though, to each their own.
    01-02-10 11:29 AM
    I believe the colour is called 'Champagne' by some retailers. If you imagine the colour you'd get if you mixed gold into white... a kind of soft, slightly metallic off-white.

Personally I quite like it, because at least to my eye, it has a luxuriant creamy kind of quality to it, much less stark than the white berries, although i love them too
    01-02-10 01:36 PM
    TT, is this suppose to be your Gold Berry, or is it picture quality
    01-02-10 01:42 PM
    its gold alright but im getting my real 18k gold bold this month once i get it in ill share my pics here, actually mine is black and 18k gold i had to let my jewler do something different from the rest, i dont like my phone being all 18k gold cause ill get robbed thats for sure. but ill be the first to have a real 18k into my keyboard i have bin looking for this but impossible to find so i decided to do my own 18k style, only sertin parts i want in real gold all the rest is glossy black. some how i dont like the bold frame in gold cause even if its real some how people will think its fake,i was going to go your route with the plastic parts but why do that when i can have the real thing, the plastic your looking for should be the silver written bold in gold that dont have to be real, im trying to find one if you do fine one please let me know ill like to top it off with that, my camera will be real solid gold as well . like i said only sertin parts i want in real gold the rest in glossy black, first time ill have a actually phone with real golden parts.
    You phone looks good mate enjoy it, once my phone is complete ill take some picks.
    01-02-10 03:17 PM
    The 3rd pic down renders as gold on my computer. Everything looks nice and even, too. Nicely done.

Why the grumpy and critical repsonses? I don't understand the need. The OP was sharing his hard work and efforts on behalf of the BB Bold we all love. Or is this a guy thing?

PS Part of a forum moderator's responsibility is to set a tone of inclusiveness and model civil behavior - not be snarky to posters.
    Last edited by Pema108; 01-02-10 at 07:24 PM. Reason: PS
    01-02-10 07:18 PM
    PS Part of a forum moderator's responsibility is to set a tone of inclusiveness and model civil behavior - not be snarky to posters.
    What part of "I can't make out your pictures" is snarky? Correct, NONE
    It's a simple observation.

How is asking for a possibly better picture uncivil? Correct again, IT ISN"T
    It's a simple request.
    01-02-10 10:01 PM
    What part of "I can't make out your pictures" is snarky? Correct, NONE
    It's a simple observation.

How is asking for a possibly better picture uncivil? Correct again, IT ISN'T
    It's a simple request.
    Well said. I think someone (points in the general direction of the poster above) is either being overly sensitive, lacks a sense of witticism, sarcasm, and/or humor (or all of the above), or simply is having a bad day. I chalk it up to the weekend nearing an end.

And the phone still doesn't look gold. And even if it did, I'm certainly entitled to my opinion that gold-plated anything looks cheap and ghetto.
    01-02-10 10:50 PM
    I don't mean to be rude or anything but maybe some of you are seeing a different picture?

I have no idea how you all see white...

THIS is a white blackberry....

This is not...

I will try to get a better picture taken and upload.. Could be the lighting and the poor 2mp phone I used to take it out.
    Last edited by ttsoldier; 01-03-10 at 09:24 AM.
    01-03-10 09:22 AM
    Its there monitors, it is gold but if there monitor are older that can happen or there just color blind. No sweat its gold that's for sure.
    01-03-10 11:30 AM
    its gold alright but im getting my real 18k gold bold this month once i get it in ill share my pics here, actually mine is black and 18k gold i had to let my jewler do something different from the rest, i dont like my phone being all 18k gold cause ill get robbed thats for sure. but ill be the first to have a real 18k into my keyboard i have bin looking for this but impossible to find so i decided to do my own 18k style, only sertin parts i want in real gold all the rest is glossy black. some how i dont like the bold frame in gold cause even if its real some how people will think its fake,i was going to go your route with the plastic parts but why do that when i can have the real thing, the plastic your looking for should be the silver written bold in gold that dont have to be real, im trying to find one if you do fine one please let me know ill like to top it off with that, my camera will be real solid gold as well . like i said only sertin parts i want in real gold the rest in glossy black, first time ill have a actually phone with real golden parts.
    You phone looks good mate enjoy it, once my phone is complete ill take some picks.
    Wow, When will we be seeing this? ABout when will it be complete?
    01-03-10 11:54 AM
    Its there monitors, it is gold but if there monitor are older that can happen or there just color blind. No sweat its gold that's for sure.
    Thanks man.
    01-03-10 01:46 PM
    Update... New pics... If this still looks like white to you.. well... You need some new eyes...

01-07-10 10:15 PM
    Where did all my color blind friends go?
    01-10-10 10:19 AM
    Nice work, but in the picture it looks more beige than gold. Maybe a second coating would do the trick.
    01-10-10 04:46 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD