Anyone get an java error when trying to run it on 423? Did some searching but couldn't find an answer. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 11:39 PM
    sorry, I have had no problems, works perfect. java error sounds like something OS related to me, maybe a bad install
    01-01-10 11:40 PM
    Figured as much. Will wipe and reload and hope for better results. Thx.
    01-01-10 11:54 PM
    Alright, I have it too. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but do you guys think mobile backup is worth it? My father had many problems with it when he had a dumb phone.

01-02-10 01:20 AM
    I personally use the Google Sync app, and have no problems with it except the occasional formatting glitch. I have seen people report having problems with using the contacts sync feature of GMail, however.

At T-Mo, we occasionally see duplicate contact problems with mobile backup on "dumb" phones, but it's pretty rare and easily resolved in most cases. With BlackBerry still not having a way to copy all contacts to SIM in one shot, I'd definitely say it's worth it to have some form of backup, whether wirelessly or on a PC.
    01-02-10 05:20 AM
    Alright, thanks. Ill give it a shot.

01-02-10 10:33 AM
    hope it works for you
    01-02-10 11:19 AM
    If you have gmail (bb push) there is a sync option built in. Works good for me.

01-03-10 07:01 PM
    Interesting problem I've run into today. I installed Google sync to handle my contacts so I wanted to disable the TMO mobile sync as its redundant and just another thing running in the background. But apparently there is no way to remove it or turn it off, even on TMO's website. So I called cust support and the woman told me she didn't know what I was talking about and that mobile backup isn't even supported on the 9700. I tell her that it clearly is and that there is a "mobile backup" entry in the Options menu and that it has all of my contacts uploaded on TMO's website. She said there was nothing she can do because it wasn't even showing up as a feature on her end.

I ended up deleting my address book, syncing with google and getting it all back, and now my phone is going crazy stuck on the hourglass and loading up the memory with god knows what while I see mobile backup syncing constantly. What. The. ****.
    01-13-10 04:34 PM
    Does anyone know how to turn of T-Mobile Contact Backup after it has already been enabled in OS7? It is giving me real problems with duplicate contacts and I can't seem to find where I can disable it in the phone. TIA
    09-20-11 11:53 AM
    Does anyone know how to turn of T-Mobile Contact Backup after it has already been enabled in OS7? It is giving me real problems with duplicate contacts and I can't seem to find where I can disable it in the phone. TIA
    Search all folders on the home screen, try bb menu > show all. You could also check options > applications (in OS 5. In OS 6, type in App) and then, remove it, do a battery pull. Remember to hide the icon that gets pushed to your device via BB menu > hide after selecting it.

09-20-11 07:15 PM
    How about using BB Protect?
    09-20-11 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD