Whenever I open up visual voicemail to listen to a message, when it starts to play it at the lowest volume setting, I have to keep clicking the volume button up while the message is playing to get it back up. Very annoying. Also, I have a Jawbone Prime and whenever I connect it to the phone and make a phone call, it always defaults to the lowest volume and I have to do the same thing. Is this some type of bug? I can't figure out how to change the default volume for those, I have volume settings for the phone set to remember the last setting, but it always defaults to the lowest volume when I first connect it.. Then remembers that setting until I disconnect it and reconnect it again. Very weird. Can anybody tell me what's going on?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 08:27 PM
    Upgrade your OS from w/e is loaded on there atm. You should see it change. Also disable the warning for reminding you off excessive volume, with that disabled it stops it from auto adjusting but in this case that is not whats happening, it's the OS and a bug within it.
    01-01-10 08:45 PM
    I agree update your phone os
    01-01-10 09:27 PM
    This happens with my Jawbone Prime and has on multiple ROMs on 2 devices. This most certainly a bug and it does not happen on my Q1. As far as VVM goes, I have that problem as well even when not using BT. Upgrading the OS has not corrected it for me on again 2 devices.

01-01-10 11:53 PM
    I upgraded the OS just the other day to the newest official ATT released OS hoping that it was a bug in the old OS, but it still does the same thing. Every new visual voicemail I listen to, I miss the first couple seconds while I am clicking the volume up button multiple times up to a level that I can hear it. It's driving me nuts.

01-02-10 04:40 AM
    Hopefully this works for you all, as this worked for me.

For some odd reason, the audio of visual voicemail is tied together with the Media Folder. So go to your Media Folder and turn up the volume on a song in your music folder or turn up the volume on a video. Turn it all the way up or to your preference of volume, then exit the Media Folder. Now the visual voicemail will play at the volume you have set it in the Media Folder.

Again, it worked for me!
    01-02-10 07:34 PM
    Wow...that's weird!! TMoney9700 is right. I tried it and it worked!

01-02-10 08:37 PM
    This works for me as well. Thanks Tmoney9700!!!!

Make sure to exit the media player after the volume the turned way up high.
    01-03-10 12:09 AM
    Wow! I'm glad I could assist and it worked for you all.

(The reason I know this is because I've been there and it was aggravating!)
    01-03-10 01:45 AM
    Trying the fix now and will report back. Got a fix for the Jawbone? LOL

01-03-10 11:02 AM
    That worked!

01-03-10 11:15 AM
    That worked. I just have to remember to turn the volume all the way back up after I'm done watching a video in the media folder. Still trying to figure out the issue with bluetooth device volume defaulting to the lowest setting on connection every time. Nobody had any luck with that one yet?

01-04-10 03:48 AM
    I just got a 9700 and have the exact same problem with a Jawbone Prime.
    01-28-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD