I tried a tour today in VZW store and also tried the trackpad on the new curve side by side... As a 8330 user, I have to say I would rather have the trackball. Not sure about wifi, it would be nice... but don't have it now so maybe i wouldn't miss it.

I've been reading all the threads here about the t1 getting the 5.0 around the time the new tour2 release. What exactly are the benefits of the 5.0 over what's on the tour now? I thought it was the new OS - because it looks different than my 8330 OS....

Thanks...
    12-31-09 11:06 PM
    The 5.0 seems to run a bit smoother than the 4.7 and it also comes with threaded SMS messaging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 12:33 AM
    I tried a tour today in VZW store and also tried the trackpad on the new curve side by side... As a 8330 user, I have to say I would rather have the trackball. Not sure about wifi, it would be nice... but don't have it now so maybe i wouldn't miss it.

I've been reading all the threads here about the t1 getting the 5.0 around the time the new tour2 release. What exactly are the benefits of the 5.0 over what's on the tour now? I thought it was the new OS - because it looks different than my 8330 OS....

Thanks...
    If you owned the Tour, you will realize that a Trackpad is NEEDED. Lots and LOTS of problems have been reported with the trackballs, and by putting in a trackpad will stop all the problems of the trackballs.

5.0 runs a lot better on Blackberrys.. I've had it running on my Tour for a few months and could never downgrade back to a 4.7 OS
    01-01-10 09:13 AM

Thanks...
    Just curious, does the tour 2 have wifi?
    01-01-10 10:09 AM
    Just curious, does the tour 2 have wifi?
    Yes.....another good thing about the T2!
    01-01-10 10:22 AM
    I've heard about the trackball problems, but also heard it was just on the earlier ones... I don't know though.

I'm just ready to upgrade and I hate waiting, but sounds like it might be worth it...

If you owned the Tour, you will realize that a Trackpad is NEEDED. Lots and LOTS of problems have been reported with the trackballs, and by putting in a trackpad will stop all the problems of the trackballs.

5.0 runs a lot better on Blackberrys.. I've had it running on my Tour for a few months and could never downgrade back to a 4.7 OS
    01-01-10 12:29 PM
    this phone seems baller
    01-01-10 01:14 PM
    Just wish knew an approximate date. If its 3+ months, I'll get a tour now and bite the bullet later. If its a month, I can wait... ARRGHHHH
    01-01-10 02:26 PM
    The trackball is a dated technology at this point. The switch to the trackpad only makes sense, as it wont wear out or have issues nearly as quickly as the ball.

Woot woot 500th post!
    01-01-10 03:52 PM
    Just wish knew an approximate date. If its 3+ months, I'll get a tour now and bite the bullet later. If its a month, I can wait... ARRGHHHH
    it is coming out in first week of feb.
    01-12-10 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD