Anyone Who Downloaded The Newest Beta OS 5.0.411 Really Hates The Threaded SMS Stuff ? I Think Its Really Messed Up And If Anyone Knows How To Get The Old SMS Back Without Downgrading The OS Let Me Know
    12-31-09 07:39 PM
    Why is it really "messed" up?
    12-31-09 07:58 PM
    well for one i dont like sms to look like a chat window and for another i cant send an sms unless i delete the whole sms chat coz any sms i send goes to the first guy who sent me and sms so i have to delete all my SMS's and compose a new sms otherwise it'll just go to the first person who sent me an sms
    12-31-09 08:00 PM
    Oh, that's a bug... Check in the Beta OS forum, there are threads regarding that problem. When it works correctly, the threaded sms looks and works pretty much the same as BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 09:03 PM
    hmm strange ill check it out
    12-31-09 09:09 PM
    hmm strange ill check it out
    Turn off encryption and your sms should be separated by the person.

12-31-09 11:01 PM
    Anyone Who Downloaded The Newest Beta OS 5.0.411 Really Hates The Threaded SMS Stuff ? I Think Its Really Messed Up And If Anyone Knows How To Get The Old SMS Back Without Downgrading The OS Let Me Know
    I had the sms issue with my bold (all texts going under one contact, not able to reply without starting a new thread). I found an article on (I think) blackberryos.com that suggested replacing the net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod file with the one that was included in the 5.0.0.314 build using bbsak. That did the trick for me, but watch out as if you have customized your home screen you may lose all those settings as well as the at&t browser fix (at least I did anyway).

12-31-09 11:38 PM
    Bleh, the bubbles SMS doesn't even work on my BB and I want it. Both my BBM and my SMS are set to Bubbles but they still don't work. Oh well, the default 5.0 SMS doesn't look half bad either.
    01-01-10 12:25 AM
    I had the sms issue with my bold (all texts going under one contact, not able to reply without starting a new thread). I found an article on (I think) blackberryos.com that suggested replacing the net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod file with the one that was included in the 5.0.0.314 build using bbsak. That did the trick for me, but watch out as if you have customized your home screen you may lose all those settings as well as the at&t browser fix (at least I did anyway).

Do you have the link to the article.. This is critical..if it worked..Then we need to put this on blast. There are alot of people with this problem.
    02-01-10 03:59 PM
    How can I get a prior 5.X OS version without that bug? But with threaded SMS.
    02-01-10 04:59 PM
    Is threaded SMS the only game on the new OS? Or can you still do the more traditional SMS/message view like the previous OS's?

I ask because threaded SMS to me is pointless, I like to see when things come to me in relation to all my emails.
    02-01-10 09:23 PM
    Threaded sms is great. I'm sure none of you complain about a bbm chat. And every txt in the window is time stamped! Way more organized and modern. I'm sure berryrite is salivating over this thread somewhere, hahah cuz threaded sms is "the devil!!!"

02-05-10 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD