This is a very strange thing and I hope I'm understood when I try to explain:

here goes, I recently upgraded my OS to the latest version and since then I have noticed that on occasion I would receive the wrong caller ID information.

If i get a call first from "Jane Doe, 1-777-777-7777" and then a few minutes later get another call it comes up as "Jane Doe, 1-777-777-7777" even with the display pic if there is one.
    when the call is answered that is when I realise that its not "Jane Doe, 1-777-777-7777" its someone else.

This has happened at least 20 times in the last 2 days

I upgraded on Sunday the 27th dec.

Phone info

Third Party Apps

Amazon.com
    bar 7000
    Bedroid theme
    bejeweled
    berry holiday 2 (of course)
    Bible
    Blink
    Blueslate converter
    controlbbpanel
    forward reply and edit
    google apps
    kobo
    message forward
    phone assistant
    sms vcard add on
    weather eye

Please anyone, can u suggest a fix

the text glitch is gone now though, so u see the persons name.
    12-31-09 07:24 PM
    haven't heard of this happening yet so im not sure what a fix would be
    12-31-09 07:40 PM
    I've never heard of this either, but for good measure I would perform a physical battery pull. With the device on, remove the battery and replace 30-60 seconds later.
    Then go into Options � Advanced Options � Host Routing Table, click MENU and select Register Now. (Probably nothing to do with it, but can't hurt!)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by elite1; 01-13-10 at 02:47 AM.
    01-01-10 01:34 AM
    The contact that comes up on the display (let's say-jane doe). I'm assuming this contact is in your phone book, eh? Also... Is it always "Jane's" name that comes up in these 20ish occurrences or is it different wrong contacts that have appeared.??

01-01-10 01:44 AM
    The contact that comes up on the display (let's say-jane doe). I'm assuming this contact is in your phone book, eh? Also... Is it always "Jane's" name that comes up in these 20ish occurrences or is it different wrong contacts that have appeared.??

What I'm leading to is-- it may be the jane doe contact itself causing the mess (for whatever unexplained reason). Maybe you should start by temporarily erasing her from ur phonebook. Just to start the process of elimination.

01-01-10 01:47 AM
    This is a very strange thing and I hope I'm understood when I try to explain:

here goes, I recently upgraded my OS to the latest version and since then I have noticed that on occasion I would receive the wrong caller ID information.

If i get a call first from "Jane Doe, 1-777-777-7777" and then a few minutes later get another call it comes up as "Jane Doe, 1-777-777-7777" even with the display pic if there is one.
    when the call is answered that is when I realise that its not "Jane Doe, 1-777-777-7777" its someone else.

This has happened at least 20 times in the last 2 days

I upgraded on Sunday the 27th dec.

Phone info

Third Party Apps

Amazon.com
    bar 7000
    Bedroid theme
    bejeweled
    berry holiday 2 (of course)
    Bible
    Blink
    Blueslate converter
    controlbbpanel
    forward reply and edit
    google apps
    kobo
    message forward
    phone assistant
    sms vcard add on
    weather eye

Please anyone, can u suggest a fix

the text glitch is gone now though, so u see the persons name.

I bet its one of your friend playing a joke on you. maybe an application called the Spoof app. SpoofApp: Caller ID Spoofing For Your Mobile Phone | SpoofApp.com
    01-01-10 01:51 AM
    I bet its one of your friend playing a joke on you. maybe an application called the Spoof app. SpoofApp: Caller ID Spoofing For Your Mobile Phone | SpoofApp.com
    Nice call-- never even thought of that.

01-01-10 01:55 AM
    does spoofapp work for UK?
    01-01-10 07:16 AM
    does spoofapp work for UK?
    never tried it, maybe read about it too see if it work in the uk. i think its north america only but i could be wrong..
    01-01-10 07:57 AM

sorry been gettin into the new yrs spirit,
    no not a spoof app.

no not the same caller either

its just whom ever called immediately before
    01-01-10 03:41 PM
    yes this is weird what os version are you running?
    01-01-10 04:30 PM
    Phone info

Third Party Apps
    01-02-10 01:47 PM
    This happened to me as well on my curve after I had done an upgrade. I just reloaded the os again and that fixed it.
    Although mine had displayed weird #s that looked like international lol!
    01-02-10 01:52 PM
    I have the same issue on my 9700 running .423 as well..WTF!
    01-12-10 07:06 PM
    Not sure but this might be related to the issue i had on .423 where all my SMS came in under the same contact info.

Basically my phone would tell me the same person is texting me, although I knew that wasnt true cause the contact that came up was sending me my payment confirmation from Tmobile....

Im back on .330 for now.
    01-12-10 09:55 PM
    I am experiencing this on my Bold 9700, with 5.0.0.415 installed. Once, someone who wasn't in my address book phoned me, and then an hour later someone who was in the addressed book called, and the display info was the same as the person who had called earlier and wasn't in there. It is very annoying.
    01-15-10 09:38 AM
    I can't believe the limited responses to this issue. It is a real problem that is annoying. I tried deleting the last caller from the received calls list and that works for a little while and the same goes for a battery pull. I am running .423 as well.
    01-21-10 10:13 AM
    OK, I gotta ask a few questions here. One, did you have a different Blackberry before you got your 9700? If so did you backup that older device? If so, when you got your 9700 did you try and do a restore or transfer from the old device to the newer one?

If so, that might be your problem. Databases are different from one device to the next. You will need to open DM, go to Backup and select advanced and delete your databases, then start from scratch.

I know this is time consuming and a pain in the $ss, but if you want your phone to work right you need to listen and follow along here.

Many people have had issues when upgrading from say a 8900 to a 9700. Sure, DM gives you options for upgrading, but databases for different model phones do NOT work on the newer ones.
    01-21-10 10:21 AM
    OK, I gotta ask a few questions here. One, did you have a different Blackberry before you got your 9700? If so did you backup that older device? If so, when you got your 9700 did you try and do a restore or transfer from the old device to the newer one?

If so, that might be your problem. Databases are different from one device to the next. You will need to open DM, go to Backup and select advanced and delete your databases, then start from scratch.

I know this is time consuming and a pain in the $ss, but if you want your phone to work right you need to listen and follow along here.

Many people have had issues when upgrading from say a 8900 to a 9700. Sure, DM gives you options for upgrading, but databases for different model phones do NOT work on the newer ones.
    Hmmm...I wonder if I should repeat my experience with switching devices like I did in the last thread I had the PLEASURE of encountering you in. LOL

I will say though, that it does seem logical to assume that something like this could play a part in the Caller ID issue OP is having.
    Last edited by TheComebackKidd; 01-21-10 at 11:26 AM.
    01-21-10 11:23 AM
    I deleted all contacts on the phone and re-sync from outlook. Still having the same problem.
    Battery pull seemed to fix it from couple hours, then it's back to the same problem.
    02-05-10 11:33 PM
    Had this problem again yesterday, but while the call was still ringing, the call display actually changed from the incorrect info to the correct name and number.

Weird.

I'm going to try changing the OS on the device before I wipe out the database.
    03-02-10 09:26 AM
    I've had the same issue. Over on other BB forum sites, the consensus is that this is an OS issue. Have tried everything else, but the only thing that works for sure is downgrading from .442
    03-02-10 10:50 AM
    I've had the same issue. Over on other BB forum sites, the consensus is that this is an OS issue. Have tried everything else, but the only thing that works for sure is downgrading from .442
    My friends 9700 has .442 on it and is doing this. I'm loading .545 on it in hopes that it will fix it.
    03-22-10 06:28 PM
    I have the same problem. No matter what I did, couldn't fix it.

Waiting for the new OS to come.
    03-23-10 04:08 AM
    I have been experiencing this issue as well since down-loading .442

Anyone heard of a fix yet?
    03-31-10 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD