My Otterbox Defender for my blackberry arrived today, so I thought I'd give everyone a review of it.

There are two links, one is comparing the Commuter to the Defender (this includes putting the defender on, size comparison).

And the other link is just the defender review.

Please feel free to ask any questions

It wouldn't let me embed the videos, so if someone would, feel free.

12-31-09 03:36 PM
    i bought the defend case about 2 months ago i love it.
    12-31-09 03:47 PM
    i bought the defend case about 2 months ago i love it.
    you couldnt have bought the defender case 2 months ago it came out 2 days ago
    12-31-09 04:01 PM
    you couldnt have bought the defender case 2 months ago it came out 2 days ago
    Yes they could have just like I got it a couple months ago because its been out for a long while now.
    12-31-09 04:07 PM
    Yes they could have just like I got it a couple months ago because its been out for a long while now.
    its been out for the bold 9700 for 2 days he has a bold not a storm so there is no way he could have had the case even so the bold hasnt even been out 2 months
    12-31-09 04:19 PM
    its been out for the bold 9700 for 2 days he has a bold not a storm so there is no way he could have had the case even so the bold hasnt even been out 2 months
    ooh someone got told

good review man. been looking for a case for a while, still unsure which one, but i think commuter is a little more what i'm looking for.

anyone have any input on innocase ii?
    12-31-09 04:55 PM
    ^^ also have the commuter for 9700. When you insert it face out in the oem 9700 holster, the phone doesnt go to sleep mode. Only when put face in. As mentioned in the review it is a tight fit into oem holster. In fact the magnetic flap doesnt latch on right. Much better fit in oem 9000 holster.

Altho I love the case, the hard shell backing on it makes it kinda slippery and easy flows on tables.desks. In contrast I also have the epik gel case which works like a charm altho I understand the hard backing on the commuter is probably easier to get in/out if pocketing ur phone.

I love BOTH but give the nod to Epik gel skin for the 9700. Adds even less bulk than commuter, has a nice rubberized grip/feel and for the price (2 for $15 priority shipping from JustinD2473), its a better value than the commuter. Will keep both, but the sliperry-ness of the commuter is a turn off...IMHO
    12-31-09 05:57 PM
    @madeyes, I don't know about the innocase ii for the bold, but my girlfriend has one for her tour and likes it a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 06:00 PM
    thanks TMHIOTT for doing up that video man appreciate it i owned the defender case for my curve 8900 and didnt know if it still came with the keypad protector ur video clarified that so thanks for taking the time to do that it means alot PM me or my PIN is 2159B245 and send me a friend request on BBM. peace
    01-04-10 11:38 AM
    Very interesting, but this and all accessory threads should be posted here... BlackBerry Accessories
    01-04-10 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD