I've been lurking this forum for a while now and I have searched and found others that are having similar problems with their Tour that I am having. But I can't seam to find a solution.

My Tour pauses or lags for 5-10 seconds while im typing in BBM or texting. I notice it the most with those programs because that's what I use often. But it also pause or lags transitioning from the home screen to the menu screen etc...

This is my 5th Tour. I've had 3 new and 2 refurbished, and I have had this same problem with all of them.

I have not installed any leaked OS or hybrids and have installed Facebook, BBweather, You Mail, Google Maps, and a few others.

Not sure what to do next. I love the phone, but the lagging gets annoying and I've all but given up on getting another replacement that works well.

Not sure if its related, but I also get TERRIBLE service in my apt.

Thanks for the help.
    12-31-09 01:37 PM
    all blackberrys are capable of laggin. its not a service oriented issue unless your see the arrows moving on your phone when your trying to navigate through the phone and your phone is attempting to pick up service. alot of people state their phones are lagging but they have multiple apps running or running low on internat memory. on the apps screen. hit the blackberry key and select switch application, you should only have 5 apps running, others such as camera or calender select adn hit the blackberry key when they open and select close. you also can clear you phone log, "alt lglg" than hit blackberry key and select clear log, you can clear phone logs, and messages and emails. these are all things that will slow you down and create lag. hope this helps.
    12-31-09 01:40 PM
    Disable the auto update on BerryWeather and you will be good to go. Its a known bug and I've been told its being worked on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 02:45 PM
    Ive also experienced this problem , and i do not have any apps on my new tour atm.
    12-31-09 02:59 PM
    i have the freeze too with 9630/4.7.1.61. It does it with or without BerryWeather updating. i think it's a bug in the OS. Pretty annoying but i've learned to live with it for now.

12-31-09 03:07 PM
    You could attempt to try one of the leaked OS's and see if that doesn't resolve your issue.
    12-31-09 03:18 PM
    one thing that i have noticed with every BB i've had (8330,9530,9630, and 9550) if you let your inbox get huge it really starts to lag while composing and sending messages.

try clearing your SMS inbox.
    12-31-09 11:50 PM
    I have experienced the same lag and I do think it is more OS related than 3rd party apps. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next update.

01-01-10 12:46 AM
    The lag in my Tour seems to get progressively worse and the weeks pass. After a reboot, the damn thing lags for a good 15 seconds before I can even move the cursor with the trackball. Come on, leak a new OS already!
    01-01-10 10:07 AM
    Interesting info - my tour also started lagging in the last two weeks, mainly on the today screen and email and text. No new software loaded, and it seems that it started this as soon as the Bing Icon appeared!! Gotta wonder what else came in with the Bing?
    01-01-10 10:58 AM
    /\ Same here, it was not like it is now. I can be typing and get several words ahead before it decides to type again.

Agree, seems to be about the same time Bing was pushed through. I for one never opened Bing. Not pleased, cause I detest Bing. Personal reason the name is stupid and truly just makes me furious they would shove something down my throat!!!!

VZW, if you are reading, I suggest you stop that crap with out a text prior letting the user know whats going on.

AT&T is becoming more appealing by the moment.
    01-04-10 03:47 PM
    I've had this issure even before Bing appeared. With one of my Tours it started almost right out of the box. With others I tried uninstalling programs, reinstalling them, etc...with no fix.
    01-04-10 03:51 PM
    OS 4.7.1 sucks.... can't say it enough times...
    01-04-10 03:59 PM
    OS 4.7.1 sucks.... can't say it enough times...
    I agree! Major lag issues and memory drain too
    01-04-10 04:03 PM
    Shutdown Berryweather, don't just close it. Then let us know how it works.

Edit: Something I'm trying today seems to have improved things - I changed back to the classic BW icons. Don't know why that would make a difference - I have to check some more since I just did it this afternoon.
    01-04-10 04:39 PM
    Clear your history.

Happened a lot to me before lol
    01-04-10 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD