So I've posted this before and I don't know what to do, I'm getting pretty agitated that I can't resolve this issue.

Basically I've got three emails synced with my blackberry...

one gmail, one .edu and a work email thru network solutions.

I've got all of them set up the same with HTML enabled and to automatically download images.

the ONLY thing I receive when I open emails is the template that the email may include and the text, but NO images..

Now I've tried to set the settings differently where I have to go and click the
    "get images" still nothing. NO matter what settings I use, the images won't show up. I've had blackberrys my entire life so I know things are set up correctly I just don't get why all of a sudden only the photos won't show up. it's mind boggling... anyone have a similar issue or an idea on how to resolve this?

*** also, I have deleted all three emails from my phone and set them up again and I've resent the service books many times. ... still to no avail I have no images showing up in any emails. I will see the template of the email whether its colored or set up some certain way, just no jpegs or gifs or whatever can be included in the email.

Sorry this is long, I'm just stressed out.

Thanks guys and gals!

12-31-09 10:46 AM
    not one reply ?
    12-31-09 01:07 PM
    Do you have an IT policy enabled on your device by any chance?
    12-31-09 01:12 PM
    It's a security protocol that is standard with every BlackBerry. When you receive an email, you must press the Menu key then "Get Images". Unless you have downloaded the image before, you must do this every time even if you set images to download automatically.

I really wish this wasn't the case though...
    12-31-09 02:37 PM
    The automatic image download function refers only to images embedded in emails, not links to external emails. Most advertisement emails include links to images hosted somewhere on the Internet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 03:07 PM
    I think Rob (right above me) nailed it - if the images are actually embedded IN the email, they come through fine (at least on my phone they do - your mileage may vary) - if the email instead uses an IMG tag that refers to an externally hosted image, then those don't come in.
    12-31-09 03:10 PM
    I think Rob (right above me) nailed it - if the images are actually embedded IN the email, they come through fine (at least on my phone they do - your mileage may vary) - if the email instead uses an IMG tag that refers to an externally hosted image, then those don't come in.

trust me, i've tried ALL of the above.. and I click get images.. still nothing.. the images don't show up at all no matter what. I can't get them at all even in the emails my girlfriend gets at the same time on the same type of storm 2 set up the same way. it's just that my phone they won't show up. I'm beginning to think it's nothing with the email settings and something within the phone somehow?
    12-31-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD